Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 01:27 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times

Advertisements

Perez is wrong to do this. The democrats wont win seats by excluding people. I am pro choice, but having it be a litmus test is not what I want in my party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 10:44 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
So now according to this article to be a dem one must support killing innocent babies.. because NO mother should ever be expected to be bothered to take responsibility for the baby SHE produced....and of course the dems expect taxpayers to pay for these unwanted children.. not the Mother herself. They have their deals for exchanging funds with their dem leaders and heir leader insist others pay for these killings.
-
And that goes along with the requirement that one must be a real good LIAR to be a member of the dem party, especially in their leadership positions, along with being more than willing to BREAK OUR LAWS... in order to protect the dem party's ILLEGALS. Boy, what a sick party platform the dems have created..

You make some very valid points. I had a friend that was pregnant and diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Her physician wanted her to abort and begin treatment immediately. Do you believe that she should sacrifice her life to save another that wouldn't have survived anyway? There are exceptions to every rule and she was not being irresponsible. I'm sorry but your myopic view on abortion just isn't practical. Yes your emotional tirade sounds good on paper and may reflect your religious beliefs, but you also have to respect a person's right to choose what's best for them. Do I agree with abortions? No, it's not for me. I do respect that they are necessary. Her insurance would have paid for it, not our tax payer dollars. You do have a valid point about that. Some women use it as a means of birth control. Late term abortions are horrifying. There should be strict guidelines, and compromise on both sides. We all should have the right to choose what's best for us, and a religious ideology doesn't belong in that decision.

I do not agree with Perez's statement, and I don't like fanatic liberals. Fanaticism on both sides lacks common sense. Not all democrats are liars and are willing to break the law, but I do agree that sanctuary cities are wrong. The law is the law. Lets not assume that one size fits all with all democrats on that issue. There needs to be less of the it's all about me mentality and more of it's all about us mentality. Fanatics don't seem to understand that concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies