Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 02:05 PM

957 posts, read 758,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Trump's Rally wasn't meant to distract from anything. The President would rather be with the real people, the voters who he is working for. Not the media and democrats that lie, obstruct and what nothing more to see him fail because they have their own self-interests to protect and could care less about the well-being of the country.
Actually the president is suppose to be working for the country which includes all Americans. Instead he calls his opponents the enemy and the media an enemy of the people.
The 1st Amendment to our Constitution differs from his view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 02:29 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Actually the president is suppose to be working for the country which includes all Americans. Instead he calls his opponents the enemy and the media an enemy of the people.
What part of the 1st Amendment differs from President Trump's "view"?
It's a very short amendment - I'm sure you can point out the part that Mr Trump is violating.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:11 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,559,995 times
The irony. When Donald Trump is the president and actually lives part time in the White House, he chooses not to go the White House Correspondents Dinner. When he was previously a private citizen, he however had no issue going. I guess he didn't want to hang out with the regular people before he became POTUS.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:41 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
All the fakers in one room and nobody to watch them!!!

President Trump made sure all channels broadcasted his rally!

The difference between winning and losing! President Trump had another winning by knock out!
Rally? What rally?

Old 04-30-2017, 08:39 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trump simply didn't have the courage to show up. He can only function in a room with people who think everything he does is wonderful. Then, he childishly attacks the event, acting like a spoiled 9 year old.

Obama had his differences with the press, but he also realized that a free press is essential to our freedom. He also had the courage to stand up and take criticism, even poking fun at himself.

THAT is the difference between a man and a little boy.
I don't see why any president would bother with such a childish display. Hell, he gets enough trash talk from the media on a daily basis, why should he bother?
As for the so called "free press", yeah sure...

Old 04-30-2017, 08:44 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
LMFAO..............the Libstinkers are all p1$$@d that Trump didn't go to their little shindig........smart move on Trump's part.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:47 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The pollsters got it wrong, including Kellyanne's polling company.

She hit the morning show circuit on Election Day and did not express optimism. Instead, she blamed the RNC for not supporting Trump.

I voted for Kasich in the primary.

Had I been polled and chosen to respond, I would have said I was not voting for either nominee. I changed my mind in the voting booth, held my nose and voted for JOBS, thus Trump. No poll would have captured this.
The pollsters were not off by much. What happened was a late Trump surge. The final RCP electoral college numbers favored Hillary by only 272-266 and actually understated her popular vote victory. Basically the final polls got three states wrong, Pennsylvania, if I remember correctly, was the only one outside the margin of error.

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Election Maps - Battle for White House

Old 04-30-2017, 08:52 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
This was the most awkward performance. Jokes fell flat and the audience didn't know to laugh, gasp or just stare. I actually heard quite a few boos. It was awful. Once again, Trump's instincts served him well. In his absence, they turned the guns on themselves. They would have LOVED to slice and dice Trump, but he wasn't there.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:01 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Yes, just like how Hillary called Republicans her enemy. He is just as much of a s$&^t bag as she is.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:44 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
LMFAO..............the Libstinkers are all p1$$@d that Trump didn't go to their little shindig........smart move on Trump's part.
No one said that they were pissed...they just called him a coward for not being able to face them.

You are making stuff up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies