Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 09:05 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,914,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
We've been allies with Philippines for well over 100 years and they are the most pro American country in the world. If you don't have any understanding of history, don't prove it by posting such ignorance.
Historical relationships can become just that, historical, when a country is ruled by a homicidal dictator. I suspect your perception of Duterte is partially formed by your own homicidal lunatic tendencies. After all, you're the same poster who promised to kill liberals if Trump I'd impeached. I have no idea why you're still allowed to post here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 09:06 AM

24,297 posts, read 17,014,286 times
The President of the Philipines does take a very hard stand on illegal drugs in his country both on the people who deal them and the users. Maybe we should take a tougher stance as well?

I think the outrage here is laughable. So what if Trump wants to meet with the leader of another country and talk about trade etc...

It wasn't that long ago that Obama met with the Castro's of Cuba to restore relations with that communist country. It also wasn't that long ago that Fidel used to round up gay men and have them killed to prevent the spread of AIDS.

Heck, the Clinton Foundation was accepting money from countries in the Middle East that treat women like animals.

I hope they have a good productive talk.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:18 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,341,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The President of the Philipines does take a very hard stand on illegal drugs in his country both on the people who deal them and the users. Maybe we should take a tougher stance as well?

I think the outrage here is laughable. So what if Trump wants to meet with the leader of another country and talk about trade etc...

It wasn't that long ago that Obama met with the Castro's of Cuba to restore relations with that communist country. It also wasn't that long ago that Fidel used to round up gay men and have them killed to prevent the spread of AIDS.

Heck, the Clinton Foundation was accepting money from countries in the Middle East that treat women like animals.

I hope they have a good productive talk.
The problem isn't simply drug use it's the crime that comes associated with it . Robbery ,burglary , theft etc

California has passed a lot of bad laws that are soft on crime and releasing many criminals back onto the streets . This was supposed to "save money" but crime has gone up .

Cops are frustrated and more innocent citizens are victimized
California is a great state for criminals right now

California Cops Frustrated With 'Catch-And-Release' Crime-Fighting : NPR

Old 04-30-2017, 09:26 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,398,330 times
Quote:
We've been allies with Philippines for well over 100 years and they are the most pro American country in the world. If you don't have any understanding of history, don't prove it by posting such ignorance.
Ignorance of history is something else you're experiencing a deficit of as your longest and truest historical allies are the ones you're currently pizzing away to cozy up to a proven dictator.

That's nothing new or unique in American history however, Saudi Arabia being just one more example of duplicity by the U.S. Say one thing and do another is a U.S. forte. Ignorance of history runs deep among your type.

Wasted efforts.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Historical relationships can become just that, historical, when a country is ruled by a homicidal dictator. I suspect your perception of Duterte is partially formed by your own homicidal lunatic tendencies. After all, you're the same poster who promised to kill liberals if Trump I'd impeached. I have no idea why you're still allowed to post here.
Probably due to his opinions being shared by many?

Old 04-30-2017, 09:31 AM

29,961 posts, read 18,789,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I am truly amazed at how woefully ignorant the liberals are, guess that's why Trump won. Duterte is an elected President, not a dictator foolish Fake news Liberals!

I know you all think you know what everyone should do in their countries but guess what, you have no say over what Philippines does or who they elect democratically. I work with about 40 Filipinos and every one of them loves Duterte regardless of what our Nazi Leftists Fascists say.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:32 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
So you think maybe we should give people carte blanche to run around shooting drug users in the streets?

What Duterte is doing is nothing short of a crime against humanity.

What possible reason do we have to suck up to this dictatorial murder-loving maniac who doesn't believe in the rule of law?

Old 04-30-2017, 09:33 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,686,167 times
Quote:
After Obama poisoned our relationship with Philippines, glad that President Trump is treating the president of a great ally with respect.

Oh, sure, even mass murderers and butchers need love ! I fully expect to see the two hugging.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I am truly amazed at how woefully ignorant the liberals are, guess that's why Trump won. Duterte is an elected President, not a dictator foolish Fake news Liberals!

I know you all think you know what everyone should do in their countries but guess what, you have no say over what Philippines does or who they elect democratically. I work with about 40 Filipinos and every one of them loves Duterte regardless of what our Nazi Leftists Fascists say.
Yeppers, the U.S. considered Pinochet one of it's staunchest allies while he was busily throwing dissidents out of helicopters. https://avinashtharoor.com/2012/11/2...ship-in-chile/
Sadam was your ally for a time as well; right up until he started doing oil business using other than the greenback for currency.
Then there was Batista that led up to Castro being given the keys to Cuba.
Before that there was the Shah of Iran and we all know how that worked out for ya.

Your Filipino buddies are simply fellow travellers and that's not a good thing.

Aah heck, here's a list of them.....saves me typing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Your history and the ignorance of thereof is astounding.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:54 AM

24,297 posts, read 17,014,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
So you think maybe we should give people carte blanche to run around shooting drug users in the streets?

What Duterte is doing is nothing short of a crime against humanity.

What possible reason do we have to suck up to this dictatorial murder-loving maniac who doesn't believe in the rule of law?

Why is this any different then any past President "sucking up" to leaders in the Middle East where honor killings, public executions, stoning of adulterous women, murdering gay men and the eye for an eye penalty theory for crimes is very much in practice.

Why are we supposed to be outraged that Trump is meeting with the leader from the Philipines?
Obama met with Ghadafi of Libya in 2009 and 2011. He was a bad guy then a good guy then a really bad guy and we know what eventually happened to him.

I know we are supposed to be outraged at everything Trump does but being worked up about this meeting is pretty weak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies