Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2017, 07:56 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
oh please..there are no laws that are going to turn 6 million gun owners into felons, why do you say stuff like that? Here are the gun laws they don't look all that scary to me. Confused over California
Per Your source
Theft/loss reporting

When it becomes a crime to falsely report a firearm has been lost or stolen
Thats been a Law for every state for quite some time now. I assume they're anticipating alot of AR platforms to go missing in a boating accident.

Jan. 1

Start date for requirement that theft or loss of a firearm must be reported to law enforcement within five days
You dont even have 5 days in some states.

July 1

Lending firearms

When it becomes illegal, with limited exceptions, to loan guns to anyone outside of immediate family members

Common sense dictates you wont loan a firearm to anyone but if you are out at the range with friends and decide to swap rifles/pistols to try each others out now thats a crime because they are not immediate family members? What kind of jackassery is this?

Jan. 1

Large-capacity magazine restrictions

When it becomes illegal, with limited exceptions, to possess magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds

The limited exception will surely apply to Law Enforcement only just like in NY...
What happens if you are on a national shooting team competing in CA in a 3 gun competition? Well shucks... guess you just ended a sport that requires physical fitness, accuracy, and "high capacity magazines"

July 1

Assault weapon restrictions

Jan. 1

Deadline to register a newly designated assault weapon with the state
The definition of an "assault weapon" Has always been=FULL AUTO CAPABILITY/SELECTIVE FIRE
Do states now have the right to re-define what words are to fit an agenda?

Dec. 31, 2017

Restrictions on home-built “ghost guns” and guns without serial numbers

Start date for requirement that you get state permission before manufacturing or assembling a firearm

No dice. 80% lowers require an upper. An Upper is serialized.
I don't need Floridas permission to assemble an AR I still fill out an ATF form for a stripped lower since the ATF deems the lower of a rifle or frame of a pistol as the fire arm. No state has the right to limit ones hobby or way of life. There are MANY businesses that assemble high quality competition weapons. You mean to tell me they need to get the states permission for every single weapon they assemble from parts kits? No dice.

July 1, 2018

Deadline to place a serial number on any unmarked firearm possessed after July 1, 2018
Get caught in any state without a serial number on a fire arm you are going to prison. They're called burners in NY.

Dec. 31, 2018

Ammunition restrictions

Start date for requirement that ammunition sales or transfers be conducted through a licensed ammunition vendor

No. The state does not have the right to dictate how one acquires ammunition. Of course ammo will be restricted most likely to standard ball ammo...

Jan. 1, 2018

When you no longer can import ammunition bought outside the state without first shipping it to a licensed vendor
No. The state does not have the right to limit you to price gouging. If a deal can be had online you should be able to click the buy now button. Enter in shipping and debit/credit card info, and it arrive to your door or local shipping/post office requiring a signature and verified by ID. Thats already law.

Jan. 1, 2018

Start date for requirement that Californians undergo background checks to buy ammunition
You want to create another bureaucracy to perform background checks? FOR AMMO? Ny wanted to do this too, and the ATF and FBI told cuomo to pound sand, they were not going to be overloaded with requests for background checks for ammo purchases.

July 1, 2019

Handgun storage law

Start date for requirement that handguns be stored in a locked container or locked trunk when left in an unattended vehicle

In a free state, Like Florida, or Texas, You can carry your pistol on you whether you are at work or shopping. Why would you want to leave a pistol un locked? Say running into a bank, or in to court, or a police station or hospital (down here its a big no no to walk into a hospital with a gun on you) Why would you leave a gun vulnerable to theft?
A nanny law... one that presumes there is no common sense...

Ive got news for you if you think getting a pistol out of a lock box is some impossible feat...
Glocks, HKs, FNs, Colts, Kimbers, Les Baers, etc Come in blow molded plastic boxes with provisions for a pad lock. You can very easily bust these cases open to get them out.
Some metal lock boxes are quite expensive.

Good luck finding it anyways... Of course the average jackass would go for the locked glove box first... You'd need X ray goggles to find where I hide my pistols in either of my trucks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 08:26 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
oh please..there are no laws that are going to turn 6 million gun owners into felons, why do you say stuff like that? Here are the gun laws they don't look all that scary to me. Confused over California
Quote:
That's a little dramatic shooter...
I've seen your style is to make dismissive statements but that's what's happening. Is it 6 million? I don't know but I bet most people have no idea of the laws that did and will go into effect. A lot of people don't even know what they are voting for, they just see "gun control" and think it must be good. It's not. But why do people need high capacity (lol) magazines? It doesn't matter why, but people have them from the preban era that use them for gun competitions, hunting, recreational shooting.

Gun control laws simply don't work, look at the recent San Bernardino shooting, that wasn't plastered all over the media because it didn't fit the narrative.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:05 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Per Your source
Theft/loss reporting
When it becomes a crime to falsely report a firearm has been lost or stolen
Thats been a Law for every state for quite some time now. I assume they're anticipating alot of AR platforms to go missing in a boating accident.
Jan. 1
Start date for requirement that theft or loss of a firearm must be reported to law enforcement within five days
You dont even have 5 days in some states.
July 1
Lending firearms
When it becomes illegal, with limited exceptions, to loan guns to anyone outside of immediate family members

Common sense dictates you wont loan a firearm to anyone but if you are out at the range with friends and decide to swap rifles/pistols to try each others out now thats a crime because they are not immediate family members? What kind of jackassery is this?
Jan. 1
Large-capacity magazine restrictions
When it becomes illegal, with limited exceptions, to possess magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds

The limited exception will surely apply to Law Enforcement only just like in NY...
What happens if you are on a national shooting team competing in CA in a 3 gun competition? Well shucks... guess you just ended a sport that requires physical fitness, accuracy, and "high capacity magazines"
July 1
Assault weapon restrictions
Jan. 1
Deadline to register a newly designated assault weapon with the state
The definition of an "assault weapon" Has always been=FULL AUTO CAPABILITY/SELECTIVE FIRE
Do states now have the right to re-define what words are to fit an agenda?
Dec. 31, 2017
Restrictions on home-built “ghost guns” and guns without serial numbers
Start date for requirement that you get state permission before manufacturing or assembling a firearm

No dice. 80% lowers require an upper. An Upper is serialized.
I don't need Floridas permission to assemble an AR I still fill out an ATF form for a stripped lower since the ATF deems the lower of a rifle or frame of a pistol as the fire arm. No state has the right to limit ones hobby or way of life. There are MANY businesses that assemble high quality competition weapons. You mean to tell me they need to get the states permission for every single weapon they assemble from parts kits? No dice.
July 1, 2018
Deadline to place a serial number on any unmarked firearm possessed after July 1, 2018
Get caught in any state without a serial number on a fire arm you are going to prison. They're called burners in NY.
Dec. 31, 2018
Ammunition restrictions
Start date for requirement that ammunition sales or transfers be conducted through a licensed ammunition vendor

No. The state does not have the right to dictate how one acquires ammunition. Of course ammo will be restricted most likely to standard ball ammo...
Jan. 1, 2018
When you no longer can import ammunition bought outside the state without first shipping it to a licensed vendor
No. The state does not have the right to limit you to price gouging. If a deal can be had online you should be able to click the buy now button. Enter in shipping and debit/credit card info, and it arrive to your door or local shipping/post office requiring a signature and verified by ID. Thats already law.
Jan. 1, 2018
Start date for requirement that Californians undergo background checks to buy ammunition
You want to create another bureaucracy to perform background checks? FOR AMMO? Ny wanted to do this too, and the ATF and FBI told cuomo to pound sand, they were not going to be overloaded with requests for background checks for ammo purchases.
July 1, 2019
Handgun storage law
Start date for requirement that handguns be stored in a locked container or locked trunk when left in an unattended vehicle

In a free state, Like Florida, or Texas, You can carry your pistol on you whether you are at work or shopping. Why would you want to leave a pistol un locked? Say running into a bank, or in to court, or a police station or hospital (down here its a big no no to walk into a hospital with a gun on you) Why would you leave a gun vulnerable to theft?
A nanny law... one that presumes there is no common sense...
Ive got news for you if you think getting a pistol out of a lock box is some impossible feat...
Glocks, HKs, FNs, Colts, Kimbers, Les Baers, etc Come in blow molded plastic boxes with provisions for a pad lock. You can very easily bust these cases open to get them out.
Some metal lock boxes are quite expensive.
Good luck finding it anyways... Of course the average jackass would go for the locked glove box first... You'd need X ray goggles to find where I hide my pistols in either of my trucks...
What was all that for? I'm not the least bit interested in arguing these laws with you, I simply don't care. My husband and I have guns the world is not going to end and no one is going to take our guns away. I only commented on this thread to dispute the silly claim about "6 million newly minted felons"

Old 05-01-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I've seen your style is to make dismissive statements but that's what's happening. Is it 6 million? I don't know but I bet most people have no idea of the laws that did and will go into effect. A lot of people don't even know what they are voting for, they just see "gun control" and think it must be good. It's not. But why do people need high capacity (lol) magazines? It doesn't matter why, but people have them from the preban era that use them for gun competitions, hunting, recreational shooting.

Gun control laws simply don't work, look at the recent San Bernardino shooting, that wasn't plastered all over the media because it didn't fit the narrative.
not my fight, not my problem..my only purpose in commenting was to argue the silly claim that there are "6 million newly minted felons". If you don't like the gun laws, tell Brown, or tell Trump or move out of state. I never wrote the laws and I didn't make them law, if that's dismissive so be it.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:28 PM

It does affect you being a gun owner as you claim, but that is besides the point according to you.

This article states that 21.3% of the California population are gun owners. That means approximately 8,360,253 people are gun owners, why is 6 million absurd?

Population per wiki 39,250,017 (2016 est)

https://www.thoughtco.com/gun-owners...ations-3325153

Old 05-01-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
It does affect you being a gun owner as you claim, but that is besides the point according to you.

This article states that 21.3% of the California population are gun owners. That means approximately 8,360,253 people are gun owners, why is 6 million absurd?

Population per wiki 39,250,017 (2016 est)

https://www.thoughtco.com/gun-owners...ations-3325153
because there is nothing in this law that instantly turns them into felons

Old 05-01-2017, 11:06 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
That's a little dramatic shooter...
What part isn't true?

The state is releasing prisoners because of jail over crowding and reducing felonies to misdemeanors as well, see ab 109 and prop 47. Then the state passes a law confiscating my property and if I'm caught with said property in July I could suffer legal consequences which could affect my employment. So the state is releasing real criminals, which has caused crime to rise while turning me into a criminal if I keep my own property that is part of my civil rights.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
What part isn't true?

The state is releasing prisoners because of jail over crowding and reducing felonies to misdemeanors as well, see ab 109 and prop 47. Then the state passes a law confiscating my property and if I'm caught with said property in July I could suffer legal consequences which could affect my employment. So the state is releasing real criminals, which has caused crime to rise while turning me into a criminal if I keep my own property that is part of my civil rights.
The part about the state confiscating your property and turning you into a felon. And take you complaints about prisoners being released to the Supreme Court because they are the ones who ordered reducing the prison population

Old 05-01-2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Blog: Veteran faces 21 years in prison for possession of pistol magazines Pretty crazy. I know they will never sentence him consecutively but harsh for what he is accused of. Probably owned them pre-ban. A law abiding citizen turned into a criminal because of ridiculous gun laws!! In the meantime real criminals are doing a lot worse!!!
Quote:
The part about the state confiscating your property and turning you into a felon.
It's right there, in the OP. He was in possession of something that was legal, it was made illegal for no logical reason and now he's a criminal. There are thousands, maybe millions of other people in the same scenario. What is hard to understand about it?

Old 05-02-2017, 05:39 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
What was all that for? I'm not the least bit interested in arguing these laws with you, I simply don't care. My husband and I have guns the world is not going to end and no one is going to take our guns away. I only commented on this thread to dispute the silly claim about "6 million newly minted felons"
What was all that for? To show the laws are foolish and flawed. NOT 1 law that is listed from the source is legitimate. Not a single one. You like nanny laws and living in a nanny state. Fine. I'm not. Nor should anyone else. The state requires registration of "assault weapons" that leads to future confiscation not If but WHEN the state calls for forfeiture. Denying the sales of any type of weapon is taking guns away.

If they do this to ARs AKs SKSs M1As etc what's stopping them from adding lever action rifles? What's going to stop them from adding Browning auto 5 and/or pump action shotguns?

Why the restriction on ammo?

Of course you won't argue. You either don't have much invested in the hobby or just don't care And will follow blindly like sheep led to the slaughter house because Its "the law"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies