Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 07:53 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times

Advertisements

https://youtu.be/pvNqw7n62W0

https://youtu.be/XCsgOavB0G8
I used to work on Craig Apples Blue and Silver F250 6.7 lariat. Hes a cool dude!

https://youtu.be/PzuNVncTI34
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 08:04 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Oh yeah, and fore grips. Pistol grips. Standard features of an AR are highly Illegal.

Anyone whos ever shot a 16 inch barrel in low light conditions without a bird cage would know what a flash they make...
If you are up in the woods in low light conditions and fire an AR without a bird cage... You are going to have spots in your eyes like you would staring at the sun...

Want a collapsing stock on an AR carbine so your wife/kid can shoot it comfortably?
Felon
Want a foregrip to stabilize the weapon?
Felon
Have a magazine with more than 10 rounds?
Felon
Bird cage? Muzzle device? Flash hider?
Felon

Bad enough you have to have a "reason" to acquire a concealed carry permit in NY.

Pretty funny when every sheriff and deputy in the state told andy they werent going to enforce his law due to being arbitrary. All crimes committed with guns, are illegal handguns. Burners. Pistols with no serial numbers.
The law did not affect the crime rate from shooting deaths in the hoods of upstate NY. Shootnectady, Arbor Hill, Troylet. Etc.

Pretty much right down the line as the '94 "Crime Bill" that did not do anything worthwhile except infringe upon the Law abiding as most gun laws do.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:09 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I've had guns all my life, pistols, shotguns, and rifles. I enjoy shooting at a range too. But no one has answered WMaks' question.........why does anyone even need a high capacity magazine ? If one bullet can kill someone, and you have 5 or 6 left, what possible purpose is there for having more than that ?

So, I reask the question........why does anyone need one of these magazines ?

Do you have a "need" to vote?

Old 04-30-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Pretty much right down the line as the '94 "Crime Bill" that did not do anything worthwhile except infringe upon the Law abiding as most gun laws do.
Only NY State Troopers enforce this law...

There are many sheriffs and deputies who would flat out say keep that rifle hidden bud... As far as I'm concerned that rifle doesn't exist.

This law is 10x worse than the 94 crime bill.
It carries harsher penalties than a DWI, than violent crime, than even a child molester. No. No. Trump Gave his speech at the NRA... He ought to go put cuomo in check or have him along with wiener and clinton locked up.

Too bad cuomo and schumer (another scumbag) weren't in the north tower on 9/11 they wouldn't have been missed.

Think Iraq/Afghanistan combat areas are dangerous? The most dangerous place in the world is between schumer and a camera. I met that gem years ago... Hes a vile little worm.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:20 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
What kinda of moron lives in new York? Cannot believe Kimber firearms hasn't moved already. Don't live in states that have low NRA ratings. Easy solution. You can't even own a soda over 16 oz in NYC. Flee while you can.
I think there are more important reasons to live in a state besides the size of your magazine.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:27 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,083,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think there are more important reasons to live in a state besides the size of your magazine.
And also concealed carry laws, gun ownership laws, and taxes. Small business over regulation. There are many reasons to depart the empire state.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:28 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Awesome posts!!!!

Old 04-30-2017, 08:29 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Quote:
Only NY State Troopers enforce this law...

There are many sheriffs and deputies who would flat out say keep that rifle hidden bud... As far as I'm concerned that rifle doesn't exist.

This law is 10x worse than the 94 crime bill.
It carries harsher penalties than a DWI, than violent crime, than even a child molester. No. No. Trump Gave his speech at the NRA... He ought to go put cuomo in check or have him along with wiener and clinton locked up.

Too bad cuomo and schumer (another scumbag) weren't in the north tower on 9/11 they wouldn't have been missed.

Think Iraq/Afghanistan combat areas are dangerous? The most dangerous place in the world is between schumer and a camera. I met that gem years ago... Hes a vile little worm.
Quote:
Oh yeah, and fore grips. Pistol grips. Standard features of an AR are highly Illegal.

Anyone whos ever shot a 16 inch barrel in low light conditions without a bird cage would know what a flash they make...
If you are up in the woods in low light conditions and fire an AR without a bird cage... You are going to have spots in your eyes like you would staring at the sun...

Want a collapsing stock on an AR carbine so your wife/kid can shoot it comfortably?
Felon
Want a foregrip to stabilize the weapon?
Felon
Have a magazine with more than 10 rounds?
Felon
Bird cage? Muzzle device? Flash hider?
Felon

Bad enough you have to have a "reason" to acquire a concealed carry permit in NY.

Pretty funny when every sheriff and deputy in the state told andy they werent going to enforce his law due to being arbitrary. All crimes committed with guns, are illegal handguns. Burners. Pistols with no serial numbers.
The law did not affect the crime rate from shooting deaths in the hoods of upstate NY. Shootnectady, Arbor Hill, Troylet. Etc.
Awesome posts!!!!!

Old 04-30-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
your "mag" guy should be hit as hard as a guy with drugs both are illegal.. just cause you disagree with the law does not mean the criminal you speak of deserves special treatmet. And that "probably " bit is simply you expressing "feelings" about a law breaking criminal because YOU identify with the law breaker.

i sure hope they throw the book at him , for his disregard of law. shame on him, thinking he is above the law and can do what he wants.
In Ny they pander and coddle druggies. They don't give a rats azz about the normal law abiding person.

Werent you the one expressing outrage over the chechnya genocide?

You'd be thankful for those mags if you were in that chithole country where they throw you off of roofs...

If he had heroin on him, since NY is plagued with heroin (I know. I lived there. Stopped a home invasion with an Ithaca deer slayer Police Special due to junkies needing to steal to pawn/scrap stuff to get their fix) He would have been given a safe space to shoot up or maybe a small fine to pay at MOST. Of course if you have under a certain weight on you the cops will just confiscate it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I've had guns all my life, pistols, shotguns, and rifles. I enjoy shooting at a range too. But no one has answered WMaks' question.........why does anyone even need a high capacity magazine ? If one bullet can kill someone, and you have 5 or 6 left, what possible purpose is there for having more than that ?

So, I reask the question........why does anyone need one of these magazines ?
We dont need whiny anti American ideology, yet here you and your ilk are...

I have 90 and 100 round drum mags for my AKs and ARs.
33 Round stick mags for my Glocks.
Because the bill of rights and constitution says I can have them.
Because I live in a state that has legitimate gun laws.

My neighbors all own high capacity magazines too. Doesn't bother me a bit.
The magazines are factory Glock 17 magazines... not those stick magazines I have... those are high capacity.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
In NY I paid roughly 5200 per year for 3 tenths of an acre granted it was on the side of a lake in Columbia county, for property tax.
My cell phone bill used to be 120 per month...
My 2014 state tax return was .27
Cost $ to drink in bars... Cheap swill was 3/4 dollars per bottle. That bud light/busch light crap.
Mixed drinks were 10/12 dollars.
May issue state. Was denied 3 times for a concealed carry permit.

Moved to Florida.

Guns are Legal.
Magazines of all sizes are legal.
Shall issue state.
NO STATE INCOME TAX!
Sales tax is less.
Can drink in a bar for 20 bucks and get a buzz and leave the bartender a good tip... Domestic drafts 1.25, Domestic bottles 1.50 Import drafts 2, Import Bottles 2.25 Mixed drinks-$5
Cell phone bill dropped to 87 dollars (The reason-NY state taxes and surcharges)
Property taxes are a third of what they are in NY AND include garbage, recyclables, and yard waste pickup.
I LIVE IN TROPICAL AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FIREWORKS ARE LEGAL TOO! Used to have to go to New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania for the Fourth of July and sneak them back in. Mortars, Bottle Rockets. The good stuff.
I'll miss taking my SkiDoo up to tughill.
I'll miss snowboarding at Hunter, Gore, and Catamount.
I'm missing Saturday nights racing my stock cars at Lebanon Valley.
I'll miss the Adirondacks and Catskills
I miss the apples (wherever they get apples from down here, they suck!)
I miss the pizza (another thing that absolutely sucks down here)
But I will NEVER Return to NY.
I just may have to call up my lawyer back in NY and have him sell my grave plot down in Poughkeepsie that over looks the Hudson river.

Cuomo lost a good tax payer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies