Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 08:15 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times

Advertisements

I guess a lot of these people are on gov't freebies and don't have to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 08:19 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Big ones tomorrow for world communism day and again on Cinco de Mayo for illegals.
What are they going to be celebrating? Breaking the law? Considering Mexico is one of the most corrupt, crime ridden countries in the world, I guess that doesn't surprise me.

These protests are all a ruse to get people to not pay attention to the oligarchy, foreign interests in the US economy, and the top 1 percenters screwing over the country.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:24 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
^^^ This is a lie.

Many are retired - it certainly isn't all young people!

Paying attention to what is happening in our country isn't called 'posturing and preening". It's called being an American Citizen.
I support their right to protest non-violently. And I support the right of anyone to call a spade a spade and describe them as a bunch of phony little poseurs.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:25 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
May Day protests expected nationwide |The Hill

May Day often drives actions highlighting workers’ rights, but this year many protesters will be focused opposing President Trump, USA Today reported Sunday.

“There’s a real galvanization of all the groups this year,” Fernanda Durand of CASA in Action told the paper. That group will lead a march of 10,000 people in Washington, D.C., to bring attention to immigrants’ rights.
The Rise Up movement has organized 259 events in more than 200 cities, USA Today said.

Another group effort, Beyond the Moment, plans action in 50 cities, it added.

The "protestors" are making exactly the same mistake that the Corporate Media is making -- they are "against Trump" ...... which in reality is against the American People who elected Donald Trump as President.

The are against the People and the Democratic Process in our Republic.
"We the People" understand this very well.
This is true, lots of anti-Trump, but not a lot of what they are actually for, with plans and what they want to do. Part of why Hillary lost in my opinion. Its good to point out problems and what you don't like, but if you don't have solutions that work (ie. not the same stuff the old administration was pushing) you have nothing.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:29 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Nope, I just hope all these protesters show up at the next election cycle and vote.
This.

These people always never vote locally, or for the primaries, where the vote, ya know...matters.

The people who are protesting didn't go out and do anything but assume that Hillary would just win because of sexism, racism, or something made up that the media made up. Now, like a kid who didn't get the candy he wanted at the candy story, is whining and acting like a baby for not getting what they want. And are now virtue-signaling other issues just as a "reason" to protest, when in reality it's just yet another Trump protest. Which is BS.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:31 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I will credit Donald Trump with one thing, and that is waking up liberals who had grown much too complacent. I guess we needed someone like him to remind us of what is really at stake here.
Eight years of an Obama presidency and the thought of another eight of a Clinton presidency got the silent majority out on Election Day. What was at stake this election was VERY visible and got the job done to the complete disbelief of the left.

Yup, everyone needs a good motivator to make things happen!

Old 05-01-2017, 08:36 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Yeah, yeah, we heard all about it in history, you know---that George Washington character and his buddies terrorizing the crowns Army. All that messy disruption.. Being free means having the freedom to protest, to vote against, to speak out, had others throughout history felt like you, there would be no America...
Too bad they can't keep the protests from turning into riots. There is a difference.

When they speak out against Trump, they are speaking out against a large part of the American population.

Trump wasn't seated as president by Satan, he was elected by part of this country. If you can't respect anothers choice, then you should at least have the manners to remain civil. This is the president for the people who felt left behind, they are proud their voice was heard.

If you have a fair vote at work, and lose, do you then spend the next few years screaming at the people who won? Do you stand at their desks, waving signs of disgust, calling them idiots?

If so, then it's no wonder Trump won. Instead of focusing on Trumps faults, and his naivity to the position, democrats might want to educate their new party on how to act within our democratic system. The vote was fair. You lost. But there are as many who are proud of their win as those who are falling apart at the sight of Trump in the White House. How about some simple respect? You can google that.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:01 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I guess a lot of these people are on gov't freebies and don't have to work.
Maybe ... one thing is pretty clear, they are Organized and that takes MONEY. Big MONEY
They want to turn the entire Nation into Ferguson, MO ..... with the same destruction.
I suspect (what used to be known as) The Democratic Party is pretty clueless. These are Radicals, they are Organized, they are Funded and they don't plan on Elections to reach their goals.

Following the election of Donald Trump, groups affiliated with the Black Lives Matter movement set out to expand their focus beyond criminal justice issues and build partnerships with outside advocacy groups. May Day will be the first big test. (Mother Jones article)

Beyond the Moment appears to be one of the main groups leading all this "protest" stuff, it's Black Lives Matter under a new name with a large umbrella.

Who knew? Apparently today is supposed to be the Largest Nationwide Strike in over a decade.

Nationwide May Day strikes

The core of this year’s action is a nationwide May Day strike. Organizers are asking immigrants and allies to skip school, work, shopping, and banking to show the value and power of our labor and purchasing power, and to reject discrimination and hate. The aims of the strike look beyond the Trump administration and beyond even attacks on immigrants, as the 6th Annual Immigrant Worker Justice Tour ..... (read the entire plan)

For all the radicals - the link will direct you to the "teach ins" and organizers in 40 cities.
Have fun ....... but be aware of what you are getting into and who is running the operations.

PS - I've seen this movie before and know how it ends

Old 05-01-2017, 09:04 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
This is true, lots of anti-Trump, but not a lot of what they are actually for, with plans and what they want to do. Part of why Hillary lost in my opinion. Its good to point out problems and what you don't like, but if you don't have solutions that work (ie. not the same stuff the old administration was pushing) you have nothing.
Yeah - the "peaceful protestors" probably don't know what it's all about, BUT the Organizers certainly do, and they have a definite Agenda. The Organizers of these things specialize in Sheeple.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:08 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
I can't stand Trump, but I don't care enough to protest in the street about it.

That said, I'm happy people are still doing it. I'm aware that most protests have very little impact on anything. But if nothing else, I know it annoys Trump. His precious ego probably tingles every time he sees thousand of people protesting against him.

Just the thought of Trump being annoyed by seeing protesters makes me happy LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies