Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 08:33 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times

Advertisements

Because we see a new thread like this every day and it never changes anyone's mind.. people just stick more staunchly to their positions because it's human nature to be defensive in the face of criticism. Meanwhile the threads just keep coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 09:12 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Has it not occurred to you that Scottsdale does not want renters?

I am fully aware of that - homeowners have vested financial and lifestyle interests in minimizing the proximate supply of neighbors of economic means inferior to their own. That's a primary function of zoning and taxing.

Class warfare, baby!

Old 05-02-2017, 09:17 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The Republicans own both Houses and the White House and they cannot pass anything without the help of the Democrats.

But yeah, Democrats are horrible at governing.

Big tents make governing difficult. Democrats had the Big Tent for decades and couldn't pass things without help from Republicans until they pushed out all the conservatives and passed Obamacare without a single Republican vote..

Old 05-02-2017, 09:17 AM

937 posts, read 698,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Whenever I leave my liberal city (93% voted for Crooked Hillary) and go out into the suburbs (Trump-voting counties), I notice that the roads are nicer, the libraries are nicer, the taxes are lower, new parks are always getting built, and the people are a lot more friendly.
Are you for real? You can't see the forest for the trees. Your lilly white suburbs have shunned cites for decades causing the problem.

I don't know what is worse; calling a city "liberal" which is nothing but a cop-out, or calling Hillary "crooked" when you put the biggest crook (other than Putin) in office.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:22 AM

937 posts, read 698,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Crime and poverty are personal problems that can only be fixed by the person who do them. Don't have enough money; go find some way to make money that is called work. If you are doing crime; stop doing it. Simple.
Stupid post #2

Typical Republican; yea, just go out and find work. Gee, there are so many well paying jobs out there just for the taking. Wake up, you can't see the forest for the trees!

Old 05-02-2017, 11:56 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
The Democrats might be bad at governing, but we're all beginning to learn just how bad it can really get.

I don't blame the Republicans, though. Trump is no Republican, and he's no Democrat either.

I would feel a lot happier right now if there was a real Republican in the White House; at least then I could expect there was some rational adult leading the country instead of an impulsive man-child who has to make himself feel like he's all grown up now.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:03 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Whenever I leave my liberal city (93% voted for Crooked Hillary) and go out into the suburbs (Trump-voting counties), I notice that the roads are nicer, the libraries are nicer, the taxes are lower, new parks are always getting built, and the people are a lot more friendly.

Why do right-wingers keep making stupid posts that solidify their dimwitted reputation?

Lady, many of those suburbs are feeding off of big liberal cities.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:04 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
"Liberals are so horrible at governing"

Trump has both the House & the Senate yet he can't get anything passed.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:08 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I notice that also. I remember in the Phoenix area that Phoenix was very poorly run compared to ultra-Republican Scottsdale and Gilbert.

Leftist cities are extremely fragmented with indentity politics, as opposed to the cohesive structure of the conservative suburbs.
Same with Southern California. Los Angeles county (most cities) are a dump compared to Orange County, which is safe, clean, and upscale. You wanna know what's funny? Los Angeles is ran by liberals. Most Orange County communities are ran by conservatives.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:13 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I notice that also. I remember in the Phoenix area that Phoenix was very poorly run compared to ultra-Republican Scottsdale and Gilbert.

Phoenix was very poorly run, with huge pension issues and tremendous poverty and relatively high crime rates.

Gilbert and Scottsdale thanks to very conservative leadership have no budget issues, low poverty rates and some of the lowest crime rates in America.

Luckily, the Phoenix area still have many very, very conservative suburbs that are some of the most livable in the country.

Same thing with Southern California. Conservative Irvine and Newport Beach are thriving under conservative leadership while Santa Ana and Compton are failing under liberal leadership.

Liberal cities dream is to create lots of social problems, so they can justify more tax increases.

Many liberal cities have extreme income disparities that they are proud of. The income disparities of suburban and rural areas is far more then these big, "progressive" cities.

I know many Democratic cities are absolutely overwhelmed with extremely high wages for city workers and extremely high pension liabilities.

Much of the taxes in liberal cities goes to former workers who had gold-plated pensions that should be honored as the misguided promises were made.

Many of these big, progressive cities have more pensioners then workers on the city payroll.

Liberal cities tended to give the unions anything and everything they wanted as most of the liberals running cities running are bought and paid for by the unions.

Leftist cities are extremely fragmented with indentity politics, as opposed to the cohesive structure of the conservative suburbs.
Why do you space between every sentence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies