Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 07:10 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nez81jA3S8A

Another really weird interview. He cut this one off abruptly. Kudos to the reporter for persistence.
It was proven Trump was under surveillance. Because he said "wiretap" instead of "under surveillance"?
What's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 07:20 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The Trump Method:

1. Toss out some ridiculous and obvious lies.
2. Get beat down by experts with the facts.
3. Deride everyone who disagrees with you as part of "fake news."
4. When called out on it, lash out like a toddler on Twitter and in interviews - "I'm taking my toys and going home!"
5. When all else fails, hold a rally and recount the glory days of the election campaign.

So true, don't forget,

- blame Obama/media/constitution/Dems/etc....
- use smoke and mirrors and spin to justify/explain...
- nuke another country or make up more outrageous lies to deflect....

Old 05-01-2017, 07:30 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
THIS is exactly how reporting should be done. I am sick of seeing reporters put their "access" ahead of reporting. and this problem has existed for a long time. Trump did not start weak sauce reporting.

too often TV gives members of gov a free advert allowing them to talk endlessly , lie endlessly and promote themselves rather than actually ask questions.

this reporter did his job. "he persisted" and that is what we need today and everyday. Reporters who stick on the question.
Trump doesn't like that kind of reporter. He likes to tell his lies and move on.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:30 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nez81jA3S8A

Another really weird interview. He cut this one off abruptly. Kudos to the reporter for persistence.
I understand Trump has his opinons...but this was a really weird response. I wish he would just address these things without getting super vague and combative. It would really help win him support.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:34 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I understand Trump has his opinons...but this was a really weird response. I wish he would just address these things without getting super vague and combative. It would really help win him support.
He can't address the issues because he doesn't understand the issues. All he has are vague allegations based on something he heard on TV.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:36 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,727,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
The only way he can address these things without being vague and combative is to admit that he is full of s###. That won't gain him any support. Continuing to fight against the evil, liberal media will at least maintain a lot of his support.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:17 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
The only way he can address these things without being vague and combative is to admit that he is full of s###. That won't gain him any support. Continuing to fight against the evil, liberal media will at least maintain a lot of his support.
Well - I mean, I know this.

I suppose my comment was a little rhetorical.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:10 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What a bizarre exchange.

Trump seems to believe that claiming everyone is talking about his baseless accusation therefore means it is true.

Is he building a case for mental incompetence?
I think this reporter got lost when Trump started wandering (not physically wandering -- but in his answers)...and then I think it all went south.

I do think there is a stress toll beginning to show on the unflappable Trump.

I've found his last interviews to be confusing. When you read the transcripts it is a mess.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:24 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What a bizarre exchange.

Trump seems to believe that claiming everyone is talking about his baseless accusation therefore means it is true.

Is he building a case for mental incompetence?
If he is, he's doing a damn good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
THIS is exactly how reporting should be done. I am sick of seeing reporters put their "access" ahead of reporting. and this problem has existed for a long time. Trump did not start weak sauce reporting.

too often TV gives members of gov a free advert allowing them to talk endlessly , lie endlessly and promote themselves rather than actually ask questions.

this reporter did his job. "he persisted" and that is what we need today and everyday. Reporters who stick on the question.

I cannot agree more! We need more and more of this in order to deal the final blow to this corrupt man-child buffoon.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:28 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times
People actually voted for this ass hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies