Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 10:50 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't call it an honor. If I had to guess, Trump probably more meant what he would look like in this scenario. The US president who brought peace to the Korean peninsula, telling Kim to end his regime and tear down the DMZ. He'd be like an orange Ronald Reagan.

Trump should meet with North Korea. Any president should. Diplomacy is always better. Calling it an honor is... well, absurd, but big picture, it's small potatoes compared to what we should be criticizing him for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 06:24 AM
Noc Noc started this thread

1,435 posts, read 2,069,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I wouldn't call it an honor. If I had to guess, Trump probably more meant what he would look like in this scenario. The US president who brought peace to the Korean peninsula, telling Kim to end his regime and tear down the DMZ. He'd be like an orange Ronald Reagan.

Trump should meet with North Korea. Any president should. Diplomacy is always better. Calling it an honor is... well, absurd, but big picture, it's small potatoes compared to what we should be criticizing him for.
It's always about the wording. To use the word honor is a slap in the face to our allies in the region. Diplomacy is always best. If Trump is willing to sit down with Kim and unload all the concerns we and our allies have in a face to face meeting as well as to hear why Kim is doing what he is doing then by all means have the sit down. Just don't call it an honor. Kim doesn't deserve to be honored by our President.

What Trump also has to realize is that people go by what others say not what they mean. Every word the President says is etched in history so he needs to slow down a bit and start thinking before he speaks.

Sean Spicer needs to be boycotted. People should just stop showing up for those briefing.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:36 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I hope he does. Take Dennis along and have a huge party. It will beat the heck out of bombs.
who?

Old 05-02-2017, 06:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
It's disgraceful that he praised a man who is a brutal dictator. This seems to be a habit, however.
Brutal I tell you.........We are the ones dropping bombs on innocent civilians, and you want more of that?

Old 05-02-2017, 07:36 AM

1,204 posts, read 872,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The grief was agreeing to give Iran nuke capabilities and lots of money to buy supplies.....but I am sure you knew this! Is President Trump planning to extend NK's nukes?

Not one of Iran's 19,000 centrifuges was dismantled. Tehran’s existing pile of enriched uranium was suppose to be “reduced” but not necessarily shipped out of the country. Iran’s nuclear infrastructure will remain intact even though some of it will be mothballed for 10 years. But when the accord lapses the Islamic Republic will instantly become a threshold nuclear state.

So, just what are you complaining about that hasn't happened, yet? Remember, President Obama talked to Iran under hostile circumstances.

You don't consider all the testing, troop movements etc as hostile circumstances?

And don't forget. NK is already a nuclear state.

How about the grief that Obama got over Cuba? There is a real hostile country for you. So hostile that Trump Organization wanted to set up a hotel.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:38 AM

1,204 posts, read 872,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I remember back when The Left celebrated because Obama wanted to meet with the Iranians.

And guess what- I agree with meeting with Nk. Just like I agreed with the overtures to Iran and Cuba.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:41 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
As a liberal, I am totally fine with Trump wishing to meet with Krazee Kim. I am all for trying to resolve this conflict without any deaths.

However, "an honor" to meet him? What the ****?

If there's one thing Donald ISN'T, it's well-spoken.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:45 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
So having a peaceful meeting with two world leaders is a bad thing?
Of course not. This is just another desperate thread as Trump continues to do well. They are "grasping at straws". Also, keep in mind that most of them do not understand the world, our government, economics, or life in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
He would be honored to do it? WTH?
He is showing respect in saying that. Yes, I know, that is a foreign word to many Americans, "respect".
It would be great to find a peaceful solution in dealing with North Korea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Always good to keep the lines of communication open.
Exactly. Who wouldn't realize that?

Old 05-02-2017, 07:47 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it isn't, necessarily. the fact that he'd be 'honored' to meet him is.
I think everyone is wordsmithing here. Honored as in honored to get the chance to solve things diplomatically maybe?

Old 05-02-2017, 07:50 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Trump would be honored to meet with this madman yet he's been criticizing former Presidents and ally's alike.
It's dizzying isn't it? One day he's yammering on about sending an "armada" to stop Jong-Un's rush to nuclear power, the next day he's blathering about how it would be an honor to meet with him. Now he's talking about cozying up with Duterte, another hater of democracy and the rule of law. All that will do is legitimize these despots. Is that what Trump wants? Anyone's guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies