Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 03:23 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,434,339 times

Advertisements

Ivanka is a special snowflake -survival mode means going without a massage

"During extremely high-capacity times, like during the campaign, I went into survival mode: I worked and I was with my family; I didn't do much else," she writes. "Honestly, I wasn't treating myself to a massage or making much time for self-care. I wish I could have awoken early to meditate for 20 minutes and I would have loved to catch up with the friends I hadn't seen in three months, but there just wasn't enough time in the day."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rk-us-election
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 03:58 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,206,123 times
She is excluding the regular massage she receives from her Dad.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:06 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,913,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Ivanka is a special snowflake -survival mode means going without a massage

"During extremely high-capacity times, like during the campaign, I went into survival mode: I worked and I was with my family; I didn't do much else," she writes. "Honestly, I wasn't treating myself to a massage or making much time for self-care. I wish I could have awoken early to meditate for 20 minutes and I would have loved to catch up with the friends I hadn't seen in three months, but there just wasn't enough time in the day."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rk-us-election
She couldn't even wake up early enough to meditate for 20 minutes? Well, that's typical of the 45 crowd. Every last one of them is more thoughtless than the last. Maybe Daddy Dearest should give her a job as a curator at the Bowling Green Massacre Memorial and let her explain his view of the reason we had the Civil War. Sooo unnecessary.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:06 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,195,974 times
She sounds like such an everyday gal, just like all those poor middle class folks who can't get massages whenever they want. How relatable!

BUT, with hard work, and perseverance, you too can become assistant to the president, filling a position that your dad created for you.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:10 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Maybe she simply needed her Chakra released.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:21 PM

46,220 posts, read 26,980,998 times
So, she did not see her friends for 3 months, eluded self care, and blah blah blah from the left...

Call it what you will.....when people get used to something, no matter if they are DEAD broke, they are used to it....what they call it, what does it matter?

Old 05-02-2017, 04:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
So now she has a new book to hawk. Net proceeds to charity.

The typical working mother does not have "people", housekeepers, a cook, nannies, assistants, hair, make-up, stylists, Mds with injectibles, caterers, private jet, a driver or Secret Service protection. The typical working mother does not get to sit in on phone calls and meetings with heads of states.

She put her business into a trust. She is the sole beneficiary of the trust.

I do not begrudge her good fortunes. I have no interest in reading how we are all alike.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:46 PM

46,891 posts, read 25,860,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Call it what you will.....when people get used to something, no matter if they are DEAD broke, they are used to it....what they call it, what does it matter?
What they call it is entitlement, and I am informed it's a bad thing - in poor people, at least. Obviously, the aristocracy has their own rules.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:49 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,791,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
She is excluding the regular massage she receives from her Dad.

Eeuuww

Old 05-02-2017, 05:09 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
What they call it is entitlement, and I am informed it's a bad thing - in poor people, at least. Obviously, the aristocracy has their own rules.
In the book, she talks about the disadvantage of not being able to set up a lemonade stand outside Trump Tower. It's not tongue in cheek.

Here's one of the more telling quotes:

"Perception is more important than reality. If someone perceives something to be true, it is more important than if it is in fact true. This doesn’t mean you should be duplicitous or deceitful, but don’t go out of your way to correct a false assumption if it plays to your advantage.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies