Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 09:28 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Colbert made the crude comment and nobody would have HAD TO HEAR IT -- if it wasn't for the likes of Laura Ingram sharing on her facebook and now y'all heard it.

You don't watch it - why would you have been exposed to it except for someone making a thing about it. Now it's bigger than ever.

It's like you are screaming -- don't make me listen to this stuff -- lol
No, Colbert made it from Comedy Central to CBS. He is very mainstream. What part of this are you failing to get? He is on national TV. This isn't rocket science, you can figure it out. It was only replayed by conservative media to showcase that the mainstream has a hard on for mocking Trump and conservatives. That's all. They're saying the mainstream media doesn't like half the nation.

It's that simple. I am NOT drawing you a picture.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:34 AM

628 posts, read 695,644 times
U go Steve!!
God Bless The United States of America. I love this country. The current leader (#45) does not do a good job of representing our Country. He is abrupt, does not think B 4 he lash out comments that far from the truth etc., etc.,
Just sayin.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Now someone explain to me how this wouldn't trigger riots, investigations, firings, advertiser boycotts, protests, and investigations into HR practices, pay dependencies, and sexual harassment at the network? Say it about Trump and its all s $&*ts and giggles? Not cool.

Disgusting and inappropriate regardless of who the target is. Network TV isn't the place for it, I used to have some respect for Colbert, but not so much anymore.
Besides the obvious fact that it was insanely inappropriate for network TV, I too am shocked that the liberal snowflakes weren't aghast at Colbert's seemingly underhanded comments against gays? I mean why do conservatives have to do the social policing on this one? They should be up in arms asking for Colbert's resignation for even hinting that the act of male to male felatio is anything but a beautiful and romantic thing. I mean why is he insinuating that it's a dirty act only a blackmailing Russian can do to a sitting President? He is making it seem as though it's a subservient act that should be reviled.

Shame on Colbert. SJWs unite against this homophobic slur!

Old 05-03-2017, 09:38 AM

865 posts, read 623,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I wish there was a heart emoji. At least we have him to entertain us through this mess.

They have such a bad sense of humor (if at all) that it's not even funny. Late night comedians have always made fun of the presidents. I loved all the political jokes I've seen.
I think Colbert is even pretty nice considering the circumstance. If people will recall he had Trump on his show and was willing to apologize if Trump was. If I was the host of a late night show I wouldn't have even invited him on so he's a far better sport than I'd ever be.
Show me a comedian that made these insults to Obama or Hillary...I'll wait.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:41 AM

865 posts, read 623,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
That man insults our intelligence nearly every day. He holds the lifetime liar award. His fabrications will be talked about for generations to come, long, long, long after you and I are gone. The ignoramus has already shown the world he can dish it out, he should be able to take it.

He and his oligarch crony buddies are getting ready to strip the cupboard bare. The Wall Street bandits and Oil barons are all in place.

Accepting him the way he is would be letting the people down. It would literally be unpatriotic to ignore what he is doing and just let it happen without saying something.
An "ignoramus" that managed to become a billionaire...that's gotta sting.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:42 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
No, Colbert made it from Comedy Central to CBS. He is very mainstream. What part of this are you failing to get? He is on national TV. This isn't rocket science, you can figure it out. It was only replayed by conservative media to showcase that the mainstream has a hard on for mocking Trump and conservatives. That's all. They're saying the mainstream media doesn't like half the nation.

It's that simple. I am NOT drawing you a picture.
What part of I never said he wasn't mainstream don't you get?\
Hannity is on a major tv network. I don't watch -- I don't pay attention to what he says, I don't get hurt feelings when he says silly things about people who don't support Trump.
It is true -- most people don't like Trump and mock him. You need a clip from Stephen Colbert for that?

AND WRONG.....because i don't like Trump doesn't mean I don't like folks who voted for him. That is a narrative that's just not true. Like when folks hated Obama or Clinton -- it didn't mean they hated people who voted for them. They just don't like those candidates. Colbert has Republican friends you know...he doesn't hate Republicans...he doesn't care for Trump.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:42 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
I heard the clip of Trump's interview on the way to work yesterday and what is wrong with Colbert sticking up for his fellow CBS employees. Trump acted like a baby. Even when O'Reilly would interview Obama, I never saw Obama walk out.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
Show me a comedian that made these insults to Obama or Hillary...I'll wait.
Do you have that much free time? You'll be waiting a while.

But where were these hypocrites throwing lavish galas for journalists when Obama was going after whistle-blowers? The President makes a few disparaging comments towards the smug elitist liberal elite media and they think he's going to jail them and put them under water after 100 days??

How did big anti-war protests suddenly stop once Bush was out of office but resurfaced once Trump was on office? Where was the outrage over US interventions in Syria, Libya, Yemen, etc drone strikes and all?

They could find nothing to poke fun at when it came time for Obama to catch a few hard zingers? No, of course not, no one dared to actually hit him hard despite his many flaws. It was all love taps.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:48 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Not much comedy from conservatives.

Kind of too bad -- it would be funny to hear some clever, witty comments.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What part of I never said he wasn't mainstream don't you get?\
Hannity is on a major tv network. I don't watch -- I don't pay attention to what he says, I don't get hurt feelings when he says silly things about people who don't support Trump.
It is true -- most people don't like Trump and mock him. You need a clip from Stephen Colbert for that?

AND WRONG.....because i don't like Trump doesn't mean I don't like folks who voted for him. That is a narrative that's just not true. Like when folks hated Obama or Clinton -- it didn't mean they hated people who voted for them. They just don't like those candidates. Colbert has Republican friends you know...he doesn't hate Republicans...he doesn't care for Trump.
Hannity is on a major conservative cable news show where he editorializes. People flock for his commentary on the news. Colbert is a comedian on a late night TV talk show that does some political commentary but that position has never been historically known for being so biased to one side as to call the President a blackmailed guy sucking off the Russian President.

A lot of people don't like Trump, but a lot of people do like Trump or are conservatives. I am sure you can make sense of that statement, right, I have high hopes for you. Half the country likes him the other half doesn't. Either side can go back and forth sparring, it doesn't matter, what conservatives really hate is the way liberals make themselves appear as though they represent everyone or the vast majority. They don't. They represent half the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies