Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 11:45 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,749,604 times

Advertisements

The propaganda usually depicts North Koreans as starving to death. Obviously it is not the truth. In fact the nutrition condition of North Koreans is better than that of other poor countries.

We went to North Korea. You asked hundreds of questions. Here's what we found - LA Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 12:57 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Let's see.... Hmmm, if I give an answer Dear Leader does not like then I may be put in the middle of a field and have a mortar shot at me or be fed to starving dogs. If I really screw up they will have my mother, great uncle, wife, and new baby join me.....

"Why, yes, life is most wonderful here. We are treated most well, much better than people in India or Pakistan. You should have seen all the rice we had last night! All thanks to Dear Leader."

Riiight. Does anyone really think those western reporters were given access to ordinary people or that those people would be frank with them, even if they were?

Old 05-03-2017, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Let's see.... Hmmm, if I give an answer Dear Leader does not like then I may be put in the middle of a field and have a mortar shot at me or be fed to starving dogs. If I really screw up they will have my mother, great uncle, wife, and new baby join me.....

"Why, yes, life is most wonderful here. We are treated most well, much better than people in India or Pakistan. You should have seen all the rice we had last night! All thanks to Dear Leader."

Riiight. Does anyone really think those western reporters were given access to ordinary people or that those people would be frank with them, even if they were?
Can you read? Your questions are answered in the article.

BTW in Pakistan if you criticize Islam, you may be beaten to death too, especially in some remote villages.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:59 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,666,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
The propaganda usually depicts North Koreans as starving to death. Obviously it is not the truth. In fact the nutrition condition of North Koreans is better than that of other poor countries.

We went to North Korea. You asked hundreds of questions. Here's what we found - LA Times
If you dig even a little into this, you notice that tourists are only allowed in specific areas of pyongyang that are the richest in the country in order to display the country in the best light possible. This is common knowledge to almost everyone.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:07 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
If you dig even a little into this, you notice that tourists are only allowed in specific areas of pyongyang that are the richest in the country in order to display the country in the best light possible. This is common knowledge to almost everyone.
Except the LA Times.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:10 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,666,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Except the LA Times.
and BettaFish

Old 05-03-2017, 02:45 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
North Korea needs China to sustain what little they have to offer their long suffering people ...ever see North Korea from space ? its totally dark where as China and South Korea are lit up like a Christmas tree.Electrification for the people would be nice but power to the people would threaten Fat Boy Un rule.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:07 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

Yep. How can people of the free world, us and the OP, be so naive?

Old 05-03-2017, 05:24 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,213 times
Why is it so far-fetched that nutrition could be better in NK than some other countries? The article said there is still widespread malnutrition but not as bad as India and Pakistan. Do any of you have proof otherwise?

Old 05-03-2017, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Did you read the article at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies