Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 07:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Mid to late 20s, actually.
Changed it to bachelor--happy? And it is still nothing compared to president p-grabber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 06:43 AM

2,417 posts, read 1,448,686 times
Default Barack knew how to play black people for a fool

I always said if it weren't for Michelle, Barack would never have been the president. According to a new article by the Washington Post, it appears Obama himself knew he could use his blackness politically. Here's the link to the news story https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1135d6ed694b

See, this should teach us that just because someone is black or married a black woman, it doesn't mean they are for black people. We have to get rid of this symbolism stuff and support those who honestly want to see black life improve in this country. In all of Obama's eight years, he did not one single solitary thing for black folk that had any merit. For instance, the SBA (Small Business Administration) only gave about 1.1% of their business loans to black owned businesses during Obama's terms in office. In comparison, under George W., black businesses got 8% of SBA loans. I guess Bush cared more for black people than Obama.

This is insane stuff. Obama was in the most powerful position in the country, and black people had some of their worst statistical numbers during his first four years. During the whole bailout fiasco, he could have told those big bankers they had to give black businesses a good percentage of their business loans, or else they would not receive any bailout money. That was something very easy he could have done, but he refused. He could have given more money to HBCUs, but instead they suffered greatly under his presidency. Again, HBCUs did better under Bush than they did Obama.

I sorely wish Barack would have married Sheila Miyoshi Jager. That way he would have never sniffed the presidency because black people related to Obama through Michelle. The reality is, Barack himself wouldn't know what it means to be black in this country if it bit him in the butt. This is the same guy who went and hung out with the guy who owns the Virgin Islands for vacation. How many black people you know hang out with a guy named Sir Richard Branson? Obama grew up in a multicultural society in Hawaii and went to a $20,000 dollar a year prep school. He inherited money from his grandparents, not a small sum. How many black people can relate to this story? Forget the fact that his father is of Kenyan ancestry, a country in East Africa. (Not only does Barack not descend from slaves, he doesn't even descend from where the slaves came from) Yet despite all of that, he supposedly represented black people in this country? So the ultimate point of this post is politically, black people we need to chose our leaders better. Let's not give somebody our support just because they married a black woman.

Last edited by Heavenese; 05-04-2017 at 06:56 AM..

Old 05-04-2017, 06:48 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
No, he knew how to play white liberals.

My black co-workers had him completely figured out...and they we're massively proud of him. Rightly so.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:49 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
I've thought this before, Obama has no connection to the African Americans descended from slavery but Michelle have him his bona fides.

Obama was able to use being (half) black for his political purposes but not actually doing one thing for them or their culture except for the symbolism he represented which to be sure was substantial. The Obama years saw black income and wealth fall dramatically versus whites and Asians because Obama supported Globalization which benefits those in the knowledge economy and the mass illegal migration kept wages for the low skilled workers very low.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:53 AM

2,417 posts, read 1,448,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

My black co-workers had him completely figured out...and they we're massively proud of him. Rightly so.
Why were they proud of him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I've thought this before, Obama has no connection to the African Americans descended from slavery but Michelle have him his bona fides.

Obama was able to use being (half) black for his political purposes but not actually doing one thing for them or their culture except for the symbolism he represented which to be sure was substantial. The Obama years saw black income and wealth fall dramatically versus whites and Asians because Obama supported Globalization which benefits those in the knowledge economy and the mass illegal migration kept wages for the low skilled workers very low.
I couldn't agree with this more.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:54 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

That's true too. Obama was a puppet for Soros and the fat cat Wall Street Bankers, they pulled the string, he followed through.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:59 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
To use an overused term a lot of Trumpees keep saying.......WOW ! You guys really ARE jealous of what Obama accomplished and how he got through 8 years without all the chaos the train wreck of Trumps' administration has caused in only 100 days ! He ran the country for 2920 days, turned around an economy that was in the dumpster, didn't get us blown up, and you still try to minimize how good he was.

All it does, when you guys post this nonsense, is show how small minded you are, and confirms to us how Trump was able to easily con all of you. If you guys would have been better informed on the facts, as opposed to reading things like the National Enquirer, you would have been in a better position to make a wise choice on November 8th.

But thanks for keeping Obamas' name out there, it brings back so many fond memories of his time in office !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbslYmqOsQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx7ROg5PwRk&t=9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQQbJjgmylc&t=50s

Let's see if your boy is as well loved the day he leaves that office.

Last edited by don1945; 05-04-2017 at 07:09 AM..

Old 05-04-2017, 07:01 AM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Is the story now that he only married Michelle for political reasons? Because it sure seems like they have a good marriage. Just because he asked someone else to marry him before he knew her, doesn't mean he didn't love her. The only thing I ever liked about Obama was that he seems like a good family man. I didn't like his politics, but if I ever met him I'm sure I would have really liked him as a person.

As for the small business loans, they should have done more. Especially since I know a couple of people with refugee status and they got small business loans. I will say after the crash of '08, many people weren't getting loans. They made lending much harder.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:08 AM

21,137 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Barack took after his real biological father, Frank Marshall Davis.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Marshall_Davis

Old 05-04-2017, 07:09 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Is there a point to this thread. Obama isn't president anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies