Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 04:51 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
WOW 2800 years...

We don't have as precise data going back much further.
You know, pretty soon snow will be a distant memory and the children will have to be told stories about it!

Oh, and California and Texas are in a permanent drought!

Oh and the ice caps will be gone by 2000, I mean, 2010, I mean, 2013, I mean 2015, I mean 2020! NO really, and the polar bears are dying off into larger numbers!!! they are becoming extinct of being counted at lesser numbers!!! It really is a travesty...

/derp /derp

It is all true!!! No really!!! "Science" and all, and "Consensus" and denier!!!!! /derp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 04:54 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
[quote=greywar;48037508]
Quote:
WOW 2800 years...

We don't have as precise data going back much further.
Describe "precise", drawings on the wall?

Old 05-03-2017, 04:56 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Antartic had been fairing pretty well with some slight gains up until this year but this was a tremendous loss. The Artic has been in a steady and rapid decline for decades. None of this bodes well for coastal communities particularly on the east coast and the gulf. A loss of sea ice equivalent to the size of Mexico is rather stunning, add in the loss of glaciers and this is a major catastrophe.

So maybe 30, 50 years, who knows but it could at some point this could accelerate. We are in new territory.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...-at-both-poles
the hoax is the government's claim that it will stop the destruction of the earth if given enough tax money.

In 1946 there was a plan to drop an atomic bomb on the artic to melt all the ice. Mainstream science. Article went on to point out all the benefits. the only argument was whether the boms should be dropped from a plane or set off from a tower.

Yep the science is settled... any finding is only true for a moment.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
You know, pretty soon snow will be a distant memory and the children will have to be told stories about it!

Oh and the ice caps will be gone by 2000, I mean, 2010, I mean, 2013, I mean 2015, I mean 2020! NO really, and the polar bears are dying off into larger numbers!!! they are becoming extinct of being counted at lesser numbers!!! It really is a travesty...

/derp /derp

It is all true!!! No really!!! "Science" and all, and "Consensus" and denier!!!!! /derp
The entire reason it went from global cooling, to global warming, and now it's climate change....

They have to change the book Title to suit their needs...

Hell, there have been at least 7 ice ages in the past.........................anyone care to guess?

And, what happens between ice ages?

Old 05-03-2017, 04:57 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Yawn. I am reminded why I don't engage in this stuff normally. The people convinced that we can pollute our living space with no consequences come out in droves.

So im going to bow out, as the sheer foolishness of polluting your living space and ignoring science and data just makes me too disappointed in humanity.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Yawn. I am reminded why I don't engage in this stuff normally. The people convinced that we can pollute our living space with no consequences come out in droves.

So im going to bow out, as the sheer foolishness of polluting your living space and ignoring science and data just makes me too disappointed in humanity.
Of course you are, you cannot back up anything....oh wait...maybe you can use the "hockey stick" theory....

Old 05-03-2017, 05:00 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post

/derp /derp

Literally the definition of a strawman post.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:02 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Of course you are, you cannot back up anything....oh wait...maybe you can use the "hockey stick" theory....
Read my post history, I have pointed out in the past that trying to argue with people on this is like trying to explain quantum physics to them. Often the education isnt there, and they dont even comprehend the topic well enough to argue it, they just throw nonsense.

You probably think electrons orbit the center of the atom in a circle/sphere for example. The vast majority of Americans do because of poor education on the topic.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:03 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
the hoax is the government's claim that it will stop the destruction of the earth if given enough tax money.

In 1946 there was a plan to drop an atomic bomb on the artic to melt all the ice. Mainstream science. Article went on to point out all the benefits. the only argument was whether the boms should be dropped from a plane or set off from a tower.

Yep the science is settled... any finding is only true for a moment.
Yes it's more important to be able to burn fossil fuels as we see fit, best to just ignore where we are heading because man cannot make a difference. This must just another natural cycle, what's a few feet in sea level rise.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:05 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
Quote:
Yawn. I am reminded why I don't engage in this stuff normally.
Because you have no clue what you are talking about and are merely shoveling activist talking points?

Quote:
The people convinced that we can pollute our living space with no consequences come out in droves.
People who have no clue what science is make huge anecdotal claims to causation to promote their pet causes.

Let me guess... you think the scientific method is observe, report, conclude and then gain consensus? If you do, you have no clue what science is.

Quote:
Run along, it is obvious you can't handle it when it gets to the facts of the issues. Go find like minded people and sit in the local Starbucks and rant on about how you people are so intelligent and how you could save the world if it wasn't for all those dumb people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies