Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 01:09 PM

24,505 posts, read 33,259,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
AD is not a sudden onset disease, but 5 years is a long enough time to go from functional to disease state.

Also diagnosis of AD is very fuzzy and still hard to define (although, we have made great advancements). You're actually never sure until death and post-mortum analysis of the brain can verify.
I know all that (my mom had dementia for 10 years and I was her caregiver) and he was functional during his presidency. Much more functional than any number of other presidents I can list!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 01:10 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,193,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I used to say "there's something wrong with that man" in reference to Obama. I do realize that this is because we saw problems and solutions differently. You'll be questioning the same as I questioned Obama's sanity but it's because you see things different.

It's really as simple as that.
This isn't political.

I really have no problem with conservative political ideologies. I'm speaking of pure conservatism, mind you.

I'm not sure what Obama has to do with any of that. You didn't like his politics, but if you saw him and thought he'd taken leave of his senses, you were really stretching.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I hope those that are pushing for Nancy Pelosi to stay in office read this thread. Same for those hoping to see Biden, Sanders, Clinton, or Warren run. Unfortunately getting old sucks.
I don't think any of them should run for POTUS.

I see no issue with them running for lesser offices if they desire, as long as they seem to have their wits about them.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Do you guys think the president's doctors could declare him unfit? Did he hide his condition from the docs?
I'm not sure if he was ever actually examined.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Being that I worked in healthcare for over 20 years I have and your wrong.

I do know and have experienced people who are Narcissist and it describes the personality disorder of the left well... including Hillary. Colleges are rampant with narcissists. The big one for narcissist personalities is the use of threats of violence or actually violence in an attempt to gain control. More narcissist personalities traits below...

- An exaggerated sense of self-importance,
- Expecting unquestioning compliance with your expectations,
- Inability to admit fault.
- Having a sense of entitlement,
- Envious of others,
- Believing that you are superior,
- Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner,
- An inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others if they don't comply with what you want
This thread is not about Clinton or "the left."

Let's take the bolded.

Do you not see that Trump displays ALL of these?

Old 05-03-2017, 01:15 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,147,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
*shrug* I dunno about anybody else here, but after the whole rant he went on Twitter about a 'good shutdown', I wrote both my Senators and my Congressman to ask them to request an investigation as to Trump's mental health. The man is quite bluntly, unhinged.
Yep. I'm telling you in all seriousness that this guy isn't competent enough to hold that office. It's waaaaay over his head.

Folks will think I'm only saying that because I have little use for Republicans, but this isn't political or partisan for me...I'm talking about it from a purely objective human standpoint. He's nuts.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Yes - and don't forget the ramblings on his twitter feed.

It's more than just about a difference of opinion on political issues.
My critiques of Trump have really never been based on political ideologies. He seems to be all over the map, anyway.

He's just always seemed like he wasn't playing with a full deck. He was like this in the primaries, but I thought it might be an act.

It's clear now that it's either not an act or it's an attempt to protect himself in the event that he winds up in court.

I think it's not an act, though.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:16 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,964,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't think any of them should run for POTUS.

I see no issue with them running for lesser offices if they desire, as long as they seem to have their wits about them.
Well yeah but we weren't talking about lesser offices. These are people that have been widely discussed as potential POTUS candidates, excluding Pelosi. But I'd argue that in her current state Pelosi, or anyone in a similar state shouldn't be allowed to represent anyone at any level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I did say it everyday the preceding 8 years.
You thought Trump was crazy 8 years ago? I really was not keeping track of him. I don't watch reality TV.

10,920 posts, read 6,896,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I know all that (my mom had dementia for 10 years and I was her caregiver) and he was functional during his presidency. Much more functional than any number of other presidents I can list!
Yeah, I was mostly agreeing with you. But adding additional context. Sorry to hear about your mother - that's hard on everyone, I know from experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies