Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 12:48 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hey John, after Obamacare, my premiums shot up to $920 a month. Are you willing to pay my premiums each month? If not, why not? You expect me to pay yours.

Or would you rather we wait until it collapses on it's own and no one has insurance?
ACA should be replaced with Medicare for all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Well then she has to go on Medicaid. Everything is paid for, what's the problem.
That's ridiculous. Not only does it fly in the face of your "I don't want to pay for your insurance" argument, but the quality of care that she could get if she only had Medicaid is much lower and less accessible.

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northshorenative View Post
Color me confused. What did anyone win in this deal? The right to purchase lousy health insurance that doesn't cover what they need, but is cheap? The right to not be able to purchase anything near affordable because they were born with some sort of medical problem? The right to let your employer gut your insurance? Please, tell me what you won here.
It upsets the "libs." Apparently that is enough for some.

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
Now we can sit back and, in the words of our glorious leader, wait for it to implode.

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
How does screwing millions with a scam square?

ACA IS FAILING! This is a fact. The promise was a lie, they knew it would (intended it to) collapse so they (Dems) could force single payer as a fix. They were arrogant enough to believe they would be in perpetual power, but the people short circuited that.

How does it feel to be a dupe? How does it feel to be steered like a cow?

You didn't notice that I said "now on to the senate"?

Keep underestimating Pubs and Trump. Look how well that has worked out for the left over the last few years.
No, the ACA is not failing:

Republicans call Obamacare a 'failure.' These 7 charts show they couldn't be more wrong - LA Times

Testing Paul Ryan's damning attack on the Affordable Care Act: 'Obamacare has failed' | PolitiFact Wisconsin

Quote:
the President’s Council of Economic Advisers credits the law for what it says is a one-third drop nationally since 2010 in the share of Americans reporting that they have forgone medical care due to cost.
The fact is that some of the failures are attributable to the current mandate's weakness. With many young and healthy Americans opting to pay the penalty rather than purchase insurance, the risk pool for ACA policies has been notably sick -- and expensive to insure. A strong mandate is probably impossible in the United States though.

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Even if it is a stellar success, we can count on the Dems and MSM to spin it as a disaster.

Completely ignorable, business as usual, will fail as usual, and the 2018 mids will not go as the left, once again, misguidedly expect.
Ahh look at you. Democrats pass ACA-Repubs use it to smash them

Republicans work to repeal incredibly popular ACA....Democrats will use it to smash them

And you sit here saying democrats havent learned from the past. LOL.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
The posters kid has serious medical problems and you're cracking wise. Got any witty comments I can pass along to my wife who is being treated for breast cancer?
He said his kid would have to go on Medicaid and I said so, then go on Medicaid. What's the problem? My mother, was once middle class, who paid taxes all her life, who in her elderly years became poor. You know what government did when she needed help? They slammed doors in her face and refused to help.

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Oh we understand that but why should one group pay $900 or more a month while another group pays $40. And you don't expect the people paying $900+ a month to scream about it?

Redistributionist got greedy.
Who's paying $40? I'm certainly not.

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
I don't see exactly what in this bill would cause congressmen to change their mind from the prior bill, the only positive for individuals is the allowance of increased donations to HSA's. Still can charge increased amounts for elderly & sick, ability to waive preexisting conditions, this seems worse than the last bill. I don't see this getting through the senate.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:51 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
How many time do you have to be told? If nothing is done, everyone loses their healthcare insurance. And the only reason you support it is because someone else helps pay for your insurance.
How exactly does this bill address the problem with some markets closing, who said other than the GOP that we will lose all health care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies