Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 02:46 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I heard a House member from Virginia interviewed on the radio on Thursday. He said that one thing that would happen before anything went to Trump's desk would be that a separate bill would be introduced and passed that would get rid of that exemption for Congress....but I won't believe that that'd happen until after the fact....and I'm not holding my breath.
Its really an easy trick for the Republicans to do. They are millionaires. And they receive huge gifts from their donors every week. The insurance and pharma industry that have funded this bill dont want such a clause to derail their bill. Its pocket change for these people to deal with any issues individual members of Congress may have. They can just pay the members of Congress through various means anyway. They really dont need any exemption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 02:51 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Well, besides the more important, serious aspects, I do not want to have to refer to anything having HIS name included in the title.
There was actually a fairly good sized sign/poster on the House floor that included only one word that was displayed in fairly large letters....TRUMPCARE. It just seemed odd. It just seemed like such an a** kissing.

Old 05-05-2017, 03:18 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,768 times
It's sickening (pun intended) to watch Trump's pre-election healthcare rhetoric (rhetoric is an understatement)...

Old 05-05-2017, 05:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
You see you said one thing and now say another.

You repeatedly accused the dems of doing this as if it were on purpose. The dems made the best start they could. The GOP decided to do something we have not seen in our life times. They refused to govern, instead they blocked anything and everything . they purposely broke ACA , they refused to allow Obama to finish it, adjust it or anything at all
For the I do not know how many times, the excuse for the (D)'s screwing up is NOT, "The Republicans". The (D)s were told over and over that this is what was going to happen. They included huge subsidies for the insurance companies. How could you not know it was going to happen?

Quote:
YOU KNOW THIS.

But instead you make up a fake version where Obama "handed" healthcare to the insurance industry. Which you KNOW is not true. Why not just be frank and tell the full story.
It is true.

Taking all of this behind closed doors and allowing it to be written by the insurance companies is what doomed Hillary earlier and for some unknown reason the (D)'s refused to learn that lesson. Hillary was even sued and lost over doing it.

Have you forgot that Obama promised it would be negotiated out in the open? That it would be put up on the internet for all to read before getting voted on? That we were going to save $2500? All lies. You can NOT lie to people about this stuff. You get what we got because of it. For the life of me I do not understand how easy it seems for politicians to just lie with a straight face.

The (D)'s are not going to be able to get everyone back together without an understanding of this. The groups that refused to back Hillary are passing around articles about the current lawsuit that Sanders supporters brought against the DNC. These aren't complacent voters. They are the ones that will be making a mess when the DNC push another lying establishment candidate on us. They aren't going to just fall in line like Perez demanded.

Quote:
The Dems, thought the GOP were not evil, they thought the GOP would want to improve the lives of Americans instead of spending 7 years making sure ACA would break in every state they could.
The Dems never thought they would have a chance. The Dems thought people would just fall in line. The Dems in power are out of touch.

Quote:
and you know full well it is working in some states and would work much better if Obama was allowed to fix it. But since 2010 the GOP has done everything they can to stop the USA getting a better healthcare insurance system and you know it. I get that you hate every party except the pretend libertarian party, but you could least play fair.
People have insurance in some instances BUT IT IS NOT working. Costs continue to rise. Wall Street is demanding higher profits. Health care should NOT be an investment vehicle......again, Health care should NOT be an investment vehicle. Hedge funds should not be able to fall back on sick people to maintain growing profits.

Does Wall Street's involvement really make sense to you?

Quote:
(worth noting you did not provide anything except claiming profit equals failure, when we all know every nation that has public healthcare has profitable healthcare insurance companies within the system.... Or maybe you did not know that)
In Canada you can NOT use insurance outside of the government except for small carved out exceptions. (dental, optical). Do doctors in Canada profit? Of course they do. Are they on the stock exchange? No.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwsavemoney View Post
I am in complete agreement with you here. Addressing this should have been the main goal for the congress now. Universal health care is the only way to address it.
I don't disagree. It's why I supported the guy that pushed that as opposed to the candidate that argued to keep what we have.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwsavemoney View Post
Again, I agree with you here. Not sure what the solution is.
Being honest. Quit cheating. Care about the people more than filling your campaign coffers. Do what you say you are going to do.

If President Obama had been the person Candidate Obama said he was going to be, the (D)'s are still running things and picking Supreme Court justices. People get mad at me when I point out that those who refused to hold him to his word is why we have President Trump but it's true.

What did we have concerning Hillary as far as arguments go? "Yes she's flawed and can't tell the truth and people don't really like her BUT Supreme Court".

How did that work?

Sanders would have beat Trump.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Ok for the hundredth time...
If all states had adopted expanded medicaid premiums would be far cheaper, that is evidenced by comparing the premiums today for expanded medicaid states vs the states that did not adopt the program.

There is nothing in the ACA that makes you "lose your doctor" health insurance whether in the ACA or employer provided is based on regional networks. If you choose a plan and your doctor is not part of the network you need to find a new doctor.
This kind of double speak is what I'm talking about. In many places there is NO choice. I have no choice. I have to stay on my employer provided plan. People did lose their doctors and it did not go over very well did it?

I'd be ticked also. I think my doctor is a great guy beside being a very good doctor. I got lucky. Not everyone did and as I've said many times, this isn't even about me. I have two policies. I have my own and I'm on my wife's. I pay a little for mine, my wife pays nothing. I am one of the more lucky ones. It's NOT about me. It's possible with a universal plan that I might even lose something. I personally might not do as well. It's not about me. What I have is not sustainable in the long term.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:30 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Hopefully the Senate has more sense. It was disgusting to watch them unanimously pass a bill exempting themselves first, then pass this atrocity immediately after that.
To the member who repped the post above with the comment:

"Ehhh face it Trump can save the world and u will still hate"

Why so cowardly? Express your views in the thread for all to see, isn't this forum anonymous enough for you already?
And where in the post you repped, or anywhere else in this thread for that matter, did I say anything about Trump?

But thanks for the free rep points.

Last edited by johnp292; 05-05-2017 at 07:39 AM..

Old 05-05-2017, 08:02 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
For the I do not know how many times, the excuse for the (D)'s screwing up is NOT, "The Republicans".

The (D)s were told over and over that this is what was going to happen. They included huge subsidies for the insurance companies. How could you not know it was going to happen?
Yep,

- Democrats were told over and over again that Obamacare would fail.... they didn't listen,
- With each election, Democrats lost more seats, now losing over 1000 seats ... they still didn't listen,
- Trump won the election... they're still not listening.

Democrats... hard headed, know it alls, that don't know anything because they refuse to listen.

A lesson I've learned very early in life is if something isn't working, figure out why and make changes. Obviously Democrats of all ages didn't learn that as they continue to try to force their losing policies on the American people. Hey Dems, admitting that Obamacare failed and soon will cause everyone to lose insurance and listening is a good start to change for the positive.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:36 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep,

- Democrats were told over and over again that Obamacare would fail.... they didn't listen,
- With each election, Democrats lost more seats, now losing over 1000 seats ... they still didn't listen,
- Trump won the election... they're still not listening.

Democrats... hard headed, know it alls, that don't know anything because they refuse to listen.

A lesson I've learned very early in life is if something isn't working, figure out why and make changes. Obviously Democrats of all ages didn't learn that as they continue to try to force their losing policies on the American people. Hey Dems, admitting that Obamacare failed and soon will cause everyone to lose insurance and listening is a good start to change for the positive.
Or as Hannity would say, they are doubling-down on stupid.

This is a.lousy thread title, but the subject matter should become a sticky?

So for or against TrumpCare, what do you Republicans think of the House Dems singing Nananana, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies