Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 05:24 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Don't know if you have flown much with children but their IDs are not checked.

The lies and threats that the airline made to grab seats from this family is outrageous. You can accept being treated like this if you like but I have more self respect.
I've flown extensively. With three kids.

You refuse to acknowledge that the carriage of contract for commercial airlines clearly states that tickets are non-transferable. It doesn't matter if you or I or anyone else thinks it's a stupid rule. It's there and it's followed. So based on that fact ...

They boarded the flight with a lap child (no boarding pass) but then put him into a seat no longer officially occupied by their son who didn't make the flight. Meanwhile Delta rebooked that seat and gave a boarding pass for it to a new passenger who boarded to find a baby in his seat. Unless they show proof otherwise, my assertion is that they tried to avoid rebooking their child's seat and paying Delta's $200 change fee and simply didn't get away with it. Had they just followed the damn rules none of this would have happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 05:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
That's not how commercial air travel works. Seats are specific to each passenger; you aren't purchasing open space on an airplane. Their 18 year-old son opted out of that flight. That does not enable the other parties on that reservation to simply reallocate the seat in the manner that they attempted to. Once his seat was canceled it was made available to a standby passenger as per standard policy.

Had they notified the airline in advance they could have paid a name change fee to place their other child in that seat. They didn't. You don't get to make that decision once onboard. That seat was no longer theirs.

Are you trying to tell us how commercial airline travel works by claiming one can have a name changed on an airline ticket for a fee?

Old 05-04-2017, 05:37 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I've flown extensively. With three kids.

You refuse to acknowledge that the carriage of contract for commercial airlines clearly states that tickets are non-transferable. It doesn't matter if you or I or anyone else thinks it's a stupid rule. It's there and it's followed. So based on that fact ...

They boarded the flight with a lap child (no boarding pass) but then put him into a seat no longer officially occupied by their son who didn't make the flight. Meanwhile Delta rebooked that seat and gave a boarding pass for it to a new passenger who boarded to find a baby in his seat. Unless they show proof otherwise, my assertion is that they tried to avoid rebooking their child's seat and paying Delta's $200 change fee and simply didn't get away with it. Had they just followed the damn rules none of this would have happened.
Can you show me on Delta's website where one can have a name changed on a non-refundable ticket for $200?

The family booked their 18 year old on a separate flight so that they could safely seat their two year old. You are right about one thing...damn rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies