Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:34 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That money will be wasted as anything is wasted over there but aside from the Obama's having a nice tax deduction it is a nice gesture.

All these liberal cities are wasting the most money so I have no doubt that this money will be wasted too.

Obama should move back there and start helping to get the area to a recovery but that is probably too much to ask for. Obama will keep giving $ 400 K speeches that he was so loud about if a Republican would collect that money...of course not when the Clintons collected even more!
Meanwhile, ex-President W sits in the bathtub painting pictures of his toes. And current president Trump uses the presidency as his own personal cash cow.

But go ahead and bash the former presidents who actually use their time after office to better the world, while worshiping at the alter of the biggest grifter and con man in history. It's what you excel at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 11:36 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Well I'm glad Obama is putting up the cash to help give opportunity to some kids that the city wouldn't.

It's a nice departure from the cities longstanding program for disadvantaged (mostly black) youths which involves putting them in housing projects on the other side of the fenced off traintracks or 12-lane interestates away from the nice areas where they can shoot each other without hurting anybody important.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:37 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
And when will Trump give ANYTHING to ANYONE ?????
He did already.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:52 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well I'm glad Obama is putting up the cash to help give opportunity to some kids that the city wouldn't.

It's a nice departure from the cities longstanding program for disadvantaged (mostly black) youths which involves putting them in housing projects on the other side of the fenced off traintracks or 12-lane interestates away from the nice areas where they can shoot each other without hurting anybody important.
What did the parents ever do to help the youth of Chicago. Maybe if we start putting them in jail alongside the feral teens they put on the streets with no guidance or mentoring the problem would come to an end.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:55 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
And when will Trump give ANYTHING to ANYONE ?????
2 mil is chickenfeed to Trump. He's allowed a homeless woman to live in Trump Tower for 7 years full benefits of room service. They found her hiding in the building. He's a good man, you should not allow yourself to be brainwashed by MSNBC

Old 05-04-2017, 12:03 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I am actually assuming that he is donating this money to the current Chicago Summer Jobs Program.

One Summer Chicago

Quote:
Mayor Rahm Emanuel's One Summer Chicago brings together government institutions, community-based organizations and companies to offer over 31,000 employment and internship opportunities
to youth and young adults ages 14 to 24.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:05 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
"One of the things that we will be starting this year is Michelle and I, personally, are going to donate $2 million to our summer jobs programs here in the community, so that right away young people can get to work, and we can start providing opportunities to all of them"....Barack Obama

I wonder which "summer jobs programs" they are "going" to donate to "in the community"? Obama didn't name any specific group or groups in his remarks.
There is basically only one summer jobs program in Chicago that the city puts on every summer. Have you ever been to Chicago? I lived in the area for over 35 years. This is a good program and extra money won't hurt.
The Summer jobs program is the one from the office of the mayor.

One Summer Chicago

Old 05-04-2017, 12:20 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Barack Obama announces $2 million personal donation to Chicago summer jobs programs | The Independent

Love him or hate him, you gotta admit that this is a positive thing. Especially for Chicago, which could use some help.
So in 8 years, obama went from about 1.3 million to approximately 12.3 million.

How did he do that ? Take a course with Tony robbins? kickback from Putin for favors performed??

He had better donate to charity or the tax man will nail him.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:22 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
There is basically only one summer jobs program in Chicago that the city puts on every summer. Have you ever been to Chicago? I lived in the area for over 35 years. This is a good program and extra money won't hurt.
The Summer jobs program is the one from the office of the mayor.

One Summer Chicago
Perhaps it is 1 summer jobs, but we don't know do we? Obama hasn't given any money to any group or groups yet, by his own admission or said which groups. He said "programs" in his speech.

I have been to Chicago. Twice. I loved the Michigan Mile area.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-04-2017 at 01:40 PM..

Old 05-04-2017, 12:23 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,784 times
This is a good thing. Hopefully the money gets where its needed and not in the pockets of community organizers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies