Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 02:30 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,068,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatomicbomb90 View Post
Do you think education for be for profit? I think a better educated populace is more useful than one that gets healthcare for free. Plus, if we make healthcare non profit, where will the urge for innovation come from? I rather see advancements in medicine than see a high school make profit.
While I am extremely pro education and personally think that it should be a fundamental necessity as well, I think education should be left up for individual nations to decide what's best for them.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:30 PM

174 posts, read 113,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
There are no incentives now! If a someone invents a cure for cancer, they won't be able to keep profiting off of "treatments."

pharmaceutical companies make handsome profits.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:31 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
I don't see how anyone can profit by insuring sick people.
That's right. Therefore we need universal healthcare for everyone. Healthcare shouldn't be just about profits when people's lives are at stake.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
While I am extremely pro education and personally think that it should be a fundamental necessity as well, I think education should be left up for individual nations to decide what's best for them.

well by default it will become for profit. So you would rather see people make money off educating people than providing incentives to find a cure for diseases. That's interesting.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:36 PM

152 posts, read 186,092 times
The people on this thread who are against paying for healthcare insurance are in compete denial. 7 out of 10 people in this country will die from chronic illness. You may be young and healthy now but you will grow old and you mostly like will develop an illness that is very expensive to treat. So you can pay now, or pay a lot more later. Maybe it's time to reconsider that case of beer you were about to go buy and start saving for healthcare! Of course, I forget that most of you can't see past the next paycheck!

Skeptical

Old 05-04-2017, 02:36 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
What we need is Catastrophic health insurance and I think it should cover preexisting conditions. We don't need insurance for the common cold, in my opinion anyway. Long story, but I pay one of my physicians out of pocket. The cost is extremely low especially compared to what my insurance company pays my other physicians.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:37 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,942 times
Quote:
only some people.....

and if we socialize health insurance, where will advancements in medicine come from? If there is no incentive, there will be no more research into preventing diseases.
The same places it comes from now: universities, research hospitals, and pharmaceutical companies. We wouldn't end the patent system or the medical profession--just the private insurance system.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical View Post
The people on this thread who are against paying for healthcare insurance are in compete denial. 7 out of 10 people in this country will die from chronic illness. You may be young and healthy now but you will grow old and you mostly like will develop an illness that is very expensive to treat. So you can pay now, or pay a lot more later. Maybe it's time to reconsider that case of beer you were about to go buy and start saving for healthcare! Of course, I forget that most of you can't see past the next paycheck!

Skeptical

If I am that old, I rather die than waste money trying to live a year or two. I think it's a crime that doctors abuse Medicaid to prolong someone's life by a year or two (not to mention the quality of life isn't even there).

p.s I don't drink, exercise every day, very healthy diet unlike most Americans who are now obese. :/

Old 05-04-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
The same places it comes from now: universities, research hospitals, and pharmaceutical companies. We wouldn't end the patent system or the medical profession--just the private insurance system.

lowering profits and incentives into medical research.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:45 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
Government should group a bunch of insurances together in a huge pool. There is transparency what is covered. Various insurances at various cost to make insurance affordable to the consumer. Replace Medicaid with an income adjusted insurance for those living below living wage in their State based off household size. Universal Medicare for those 70 and older. Tax paid health care for cancer, substance abuse, mental health, HIV, AIDs, and emergency life saving care. Taxes to fund universal heakthcare for Veterans at VA facilities. Taxes to cover universal care for active duty military personnel and their family. Tax paid universal healthcare for Native Americans. Individuals on disability have 90% of their health care covered. Doctors can refuse treatment to those without insurance unless for emergencies. Energency universal health insurance for 2 year's for those who are homeless and not on disability. Allow Religious Institutions, Universities, Banks, Healthcare Facilities, and Employers create and choose who they want to join in their Health Savings Accounts. Tax rebates for those who dont smoke for six month's, join a gym for a year, participate in 4 or more health events in a year, and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies