Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 08:47 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,321,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
You very well might be.

Don't forget it tool about 2 years for Watergate to unfold
Watergate! The liberal's wet dream. So now we have to wait two years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 08:56 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Watergate! The liberal's wet dream. So now we have to wait two years?

Yes let me type really slow so that you may keep up !

It took about 2 years from the first hints that things were being looked at to when Richard Nixon resigned.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:03 PM

78,280 posts, read 60,492,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
From the New Yorker:

"Recently, one of them, Senator Mark Warner, of Virginia, the ranking Democrat on the Intelligence Committee, privately told friends that he puts the odds at two to one against Trump completing a full term. (Warner’s spokesperson said that the Senator was “not referring specifically to the Russia investigation, but rather the totality of challenges the President is currently facing.”)"

Note the non-denial from Warner's spokesperson. Remember, Warner has seen classified intelligence that the public has not seen. Warner knows there's something cooking in the FBI kitchen...

Will be making lots of popcorn this year. Dis' goin' be good!

drip
drip
drip

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/...52809819828224
Ok, I'm sitting here laughing at you.

This is the same crap that Sheriff Joe and a few right wing "news" sites kept running about Obama's birth certificate. "we have breaking news! Tune in tomorrow, this is REALLY BIG!"

Remember how stupid they and their believers looked?

Old 05-04-2017, 09:16 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,820,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm guessing I'll be doing a "it's June and Trump is still POTUS" thread in about four weeks.

While you are probably right, Pedro, this stuff does not happen overnight. Every day, more and more evidence surfaces about how inept and unfit Trump is to handle this job. Hell, even he , himself, said he loved his old life and didn't realize how hard this new job would be. I think that was a signal that he really is not enjoying this as much as he thought he would.

Think about this one too.........when have we ever seen such a large number of people questioning a Presidents' sanity and stability ? Never. Even at George Bush or any of the other Presidents worst moments, mental stability and sanity were never even brought up. But this time so many people are seeing some obvious signs that something is not quite right with Donald Trump. No rational, sane person says the things he says, or does the things he does.

I think the right is ignoring these signs because they do not want to admit that they too see them. But a person would have to be blind to not see some of the things that he has done and question them.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:19 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,321,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ok, I'm sitting here laughing at you.

This is the same crap that Sheriff Joe and a few right wing "news" sites kept running about Obama's birth certificate. "we have breaking news! Tune in tomorrow, this is REALLY BIG!"

Remember how stupid they and their believers looked?
All these people get their hot tips from the conspiracy queen Louise Mensch.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:19 PM

15,818 posts, read 14,453,901 times
There's zero chance Trump will be taken out of office before January 2018. There's maybe a 2-3% chance that he will be impeached after that, on the assumption the Dims will need to take a majority in the House, and a 2/3rds majority of the Senate. This is especially true because the Dims have a lot more Senate seats exposed in 2018.

So expect Trump to be in office at least through 2020. And it's even money that he gets reelected, if he wants it.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:20 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,318,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm guessing I'll be doing a "it's June and Trump is still POTUS" thread in about four weeks.
Fast forward three years from now and you will still be doing that thread!

Old 05-04-2017, 09:20 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,362,476 times
I'm sure he predicted Hillary would win too.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:26 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,843,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post

So expect Trump to be in office at least through 2020. And it's even money that he gets reelected, if he wants it.
How depressing can you be??

Old 05-05-2017, 06:32 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times
I am amazed that people really think Pence will be better than Trump. Trump is a buffoon. Pence is creepy scary.

In two years.........the far better solution is to find candidates in people can actually support to counter Trump.

Get behind people like Stephan Jaffe.

What Democrat would be crazy enough to challenge Nancy Pelosi on her home turf? Meet Stephen Jaffe - LA Times

She is, (Pelosi) for good and ill, the national face of House Democrats:

This is why Trump is president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies