Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 10:04 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
White people killed the Native Americans off and have greatly influenced middle Eastern and African culture. And to be honest, this is rarely present in how I look at political issues. BUT if you're gonna make sweeping assumptions about what the world would look like if... what? White people didn't colonize everything? Well, then I'm going to point out that you can't know... because they did. For all you know, we'd have colonies on Mars by now.

The fact is: race has nothing to do with civilizational development. Europeans got their technology because of needs that other cultures didn't have. I believe it was Francis Bacon who said that three basic innovations were what made the world better, believing them to have originated from Europe (gun powder, printing press, compass). They all came from China. If we assume that Europeans rapid development that occurred during the Renaissance was because of these things, then obviously the white race wasn't why.

Not that I think you've thought about this in depth. You strike me as nothing but a standards "trendy conservative" who likes to just say things that aren't politically correct because you think it makes you a rebel.
I'll second this. Kudos.

Ignorance is far too prevelent in this world. Something the OP shows with great clarity.

Whites and Europeans in general are not great due to any innate qualities in the genes or anything else to do with the race. It's more of a matter of location and timing. All societies have their good and bad.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:21 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I'm not white, but I am glad to be living in a society that was founded largely on anglo-saxon principles. I personally believe it has produced the most civilized societies in the world.

Let's look at the other side of the coin then, shall we? I am part Native American, and if this culture would have dominated this continent, we would be way behind on technological innovation.

Or just look at existing societies such as all the countries in Africa or the middle east. Is this what anti-white people want?

I really don't understand the anti-white sentiment. The only way it makes sense is if people are just jealous and bitter, which appears to be the case.
Look at South Africa.
There was an apartheid and whatnot under the white rule but things were very well organized and in order.

And now it went down the crappers after blacks took over. Chaos, rampant crime and deep corruption from top to the bottom.

Interestingly enough, there are now white slums and white beggars in the street (I have personally seen it) in totally black communities of South Africa. It was weird sight, a young blonde girl in shambles, begging in the streets full of black population.

So there are pros and cons of white rule but I guess it's only cons under non-white rule if you look at the example of South Africa. From the president to lowest level clerk in the govt, it's corrupt.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:29 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Jeez, I dunno, perhaps it comes from white invasion and subjugation of non-whites.

You should read more history. At times over the course of our existence it has been the exact opposite. It goes back and forth. The only thing that is constant is the categorization and hate. Now it's hate for "whites." Once upon a time it was hate for "blacks." Before that visa-versa. Before that "browns" hating "yellows." Before that "yellows" hating "whites." So forth, ad nauseam. And people wonder how anyone could be a misanthrope.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:50 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Europeans got their technology because of needs that other cultures didn't have.
Free quench, thas' wut!

S'like a free quency, into a string, or something.

I been readin' up.

http://www.antique-radios.org/Vintag..._Alignment.pdf

One of my patent lawyers told me that an invention cannot exist in a vacuum, said it needed a reference.

The patent office couldn't find any prior art to my invention . . . so it just picked one, not very close to it at all.

I'm sittin' on it right now, and it ain't a machine, per se - it is simply a machine per be.

Cause and fricken' effect, thas' wut!

The Germans hated my "thing" cuz they see it as not a conformative conformation!

The Danish are intrigued, but told me they dare not crash the "fashion barrier" - bunch'a fashionists!

I'm an Amourican.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 05-06-2017 at 10:59 AM..

Old 05-06-2017, 11:09 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I'm not white, but I am glad to be living in a society that was founded largely on anglo-saxon principles. I personally believe it has produced the most civilized societies in the world.

Let's look at the other side of the coin then, shall we? I am part Native American, and if this culture would have dominated this continent, we would be way behind on technological innovation.

Or just look at existing societies such as all the countries in Africa or the middle east. Is this what anti-white people want?

I really don't understand the anti-white sentiment. The only way it makes sense is if people are just jealous and bitter, which appears to be the case.
You are not very much Indian or you wouldn't say these things.

Old 05-06-2017, 11:41 AM

Back in '63 I came up with the poster, "Wear White at Night".

The English teacher-intern got angry, and told me I was trite!

Hey, my poster got taken up nation-wide.

I never even got a thank you for it.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:06 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
You are not very much Indian or you wouldn't say these things.
I am very much Native American and my heritage is here in New Mexico where I currently live. A lot of my people fail to open their eyes.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:17 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Usual liberal selective outrage. Non whites have been invading, subjugating and enslaving non whites for tens of thousands of years and continue to do so today.

Exactly! Some liberals gave a hard time dealing with facts.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:23 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
What about the music? -Led Zeppelin, The Beach Boys, Suzi Quatro .... the list goes on.
People of all races have contributed to music. Ever hear of Motown which had several black singers like Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, Four Tops, etc? Soul & gospel music, etc? Tejano music? Carlos Santana?

In some ways that is a little more impressive, especially the musicians of color that started before the Civil Rights era during the Jim Crow era.

Should we talk about sports?....baseball, basketball, football. Hockey is definitely a white dominated sport, but not the first three.

Last edited by chessgeek; 05-06-2017 at 12:31 PM..

Old 05-06-2017, 12:50 PM

The people who started this country came here pale from a pretty much sunless place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies