Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 06:27 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
NY will be bankrupt within 20 years. It also loses electoral vote every census-down to 4th, after being 2nd for decades before it taxed folks away.

Even if that's true, so what?

I thought Trumpeters have bought into this idea that filing for bankruptcies is what "smart business do" and no big deal.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 06:54 PM

34,048 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Even if that's true, so what?

I thought Trumpeters have bought into this idea that filing for bankruptcies is what "smart business do" and no big deal.

Not for states. Unfortunately I see no sane NY governor on the horizon to stop the carnage.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:58 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
The nation hasn't. Don't interpret low turnout, or lack of an immediately brilliant candidate with "turning away."

Of course, it would be nice if both parties were more responsive to constituents.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:07 PM

1,073 posts, read 622,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Because they listened to the extreme fringes of the party, that's why. Most Democrats are not "coastal elitists" and do not believe the loony stuff. We believe in good health care for all, opportunities, equality, clean air and environment. We do not like war (and we are not thrilled with Trump and his war mongering) and we want illegals gone but are not in favor of an actual stupid wall. We don't favor one religion over another and we don't believe religions should preach politics--separation of church and state! My church talks about God and love, not how to vote.

So it's because they were influenced by the far left and also that they actually believed the lies of the far right. Most of us are scattered around in different areas of the middle, not far left or far right. So any future candidate who wants to win, should appeal to the people in the middle who have been forgotten.
Not bad

Old 05-08-2017, 07:18 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Trump understood the middle class and working class was being ignored by both parties. The democrats only concern was more handouts to the welfare class.
I can agree that Hillary was not best for America, Bernie was. That said, I couldn't vote for that two-faced son of a jackal Trump.

Quote:
HRC was paid by Wall St for speeches and almost all their donations went to her. Trump never said he would not bring in Wall St execs into his cabinet. Where is the lie?
No but he stands a hypocrite none the less. Rule number one of politics, don't mock a dirty cage when your's is no better. Trump did just that. He drained the swamp alright, just to help corporations like the banks.

Quote:
Using foreign labor overseas? Is that not what is overseas, foreign labor?
He was not for the American worker at all. If you believe he was, you were lied to, a fool or both. I don't want mock posters but Trump policy don't help American people.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
In fairness, Dems also wanted perverts to be able to use bathrooms with children.
And you have no grasp on transsexuals.They aren't "perverts" but rather people with a mental issue. Mentally they are a woman but physically a male and want to be in their real body. They aren't cross-dressing for fetish at all. Closed minded fools like you disgust me.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:35 PM

34,048 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And you have no grasp on transsexuals.They aren't "perverts" but rather people with a mental issue. Mentally they are a woman but physically a male and want to be in their real body. They aren't cross-dressing for fetish at all. Closed minded fools like you disgust me.
And for every one of them, 9 perverts would use the same "bathroom you feel like using today law" to molest kids.

Idiots oblivious to that reality disgust me.

Your party lost over 1,000 state and DC seats due to your attitude, which like the party, is out of touch with mainstream America.

Enjoy being part of the minority party.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
And for every one of them, 9 perverts would use the same "bathroom you feel like using today law" to molest kids.

Your party lost over 1,000 state and DC seats due to your attitude, which like the party, is out of touch with mainstream America.

Idiots usng obvious strawman arguments totally disgust me. You know in your heart that is scare tactic and not true. A perverted man don't need to dread as a woman to e're a woman's room.

I don't have a party, I'm an independent. I voted McCain in '08 and Romney in '12 and voted mostly Republican down ticket those years. By '14, I realized the Republicans didn't have the answers. I vote Republican in primaries here. My problem with Republicans are the Republican candidates we are given who are so far to the right socially that I cannot in good conscious vote them in or are hypocrites. Trump was that and now Sen Jeff Flake of AZ has proven to be. I will never vote for them.

NOTE: I voted Rep Ann Kirkpatrick for Senate over Sen John McCain due to McCain's age in 16. I was satisfied until I saw that Betsy DeVos cashed in her campaign donation for his vote in her Senate confirmation.

So yeah keep telling yourself that my side lost. I don't have a side except America. The America we have isn't my America.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:51 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
To avoid looking at their reflection honestly, humans project their own failures and destructive traits onto others, blaming others for their own faults. They justify their self-serving actions, and deny responsibility for their clearly self-destructive behaviors.
You MUST be talking about Trump!!

Old 05-08-2017, 07:55 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:

Seems to me we should be more worried about republican politicians when it comes to bathroom issues.

Dennis Hastert anyone? Or Larry Craig? Mark Foley?

THAT KIND of man is who we need to be worried about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies