Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2017, 08:52 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,351,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
All I know is neither party ever stays in power for very long. About the time a party starts to think it has the nation all sewed up forever, it always flops, and lands on it's face in the wink of an eye soon afterward.

So, for the moment, I guess it all depends on which echo chamber someone chooses to yell into here. The choice really doesn't matter, as either will give back the echoes the person wants to hear, or will only add to the jumbled noise no one can make any sense of just yet. I once thought Obama would be the most disputed President ever.

I was wrong. Now I'm wondering if anyone who follows him will ever top Trump. I hope not.
Yeah, People do constantly forget that. The democrats will be back on top eventually, the only variable is how long. Given some of the mis-steps so far, I would be surprised to see the Republicans holding the house, senate, and presidency after 2020. Even 2018 is looking like some of it will flip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 08:58 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,072,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yeah, People do constantly forget that. The democrats will be back on top eventually, the only variable is how long. Given some of the mis-steps so far, I would be surprised to see the Republicans holding the house, senate, and presidency after 2020. Even 2018 is looking like some of it will flip.
The democrat party is too divided between the Bernie supports, the Hillary supporters, and normal people.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,809,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, trump is the one who campaigned on hate ,racism and bigotry.If anyone hates Americans it is the republican party.
still believing the tripe you heard from the clinton advertising agency, aka cnn, msnbc, cbs, nbc, abc, etc.

it was the clinton campaign that claimed trump was racist, bigoted, etc. the reality is that trump wants to actually pull america back together again. its the democrats that are dividing everyone with their identity politics.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:09 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,072,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
still believing the tripe you heard from the clinton advertising agency, aka cnn, msnbc, cbs, nbc, abc, etc.

it was the clinton campaign that claimed trump was racist, bigoted, etc. the reality is that trump wants to actually pull america back together again. its the democrats that are dividing everyone with their identity politics.
Democrats seem to get riled when all those votes in California were from illegal voters. As if they knew...

Old 05-06-2017, 09:13 PM

10,438 posts, read 4,026,031 times
I'm a moderate democrat, but I had to turn on the party because nobody that was in power, I felt spoke for me. It also doesn't help we got some really crazy liberal lefties that have just gone off the deep end. From protesting by blocking roads creating violent riots and just wrecking havoc. You got people doing speeches at the colleges, and there here come the protesters, acting extremely bigoted and annoying. Then the SJW, where they are trying to find issues with every little thing. I mean, who in their right minds actually watches and agrees with MTV's Decoded????

Old 05-06-2017, 09:15 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,351,603 times
Quote:

still believing the tripe you heard from the fake news, Fox, breitbart, infowars, etc etc

Both sides love America, we just disagree on details. Thats the reality. And Trump isnt bringing closer together. If he was he wouldnt be using racist insults like pocahantas, or calling them other names, and the healthcare bill would have some democrat amendments, like the aca that had over 100 Republican ones.

I'd be very impressed with a Republican president who was doing so. This one isnt one. Look at you, you even go right for it and demonstrate it by starting with how bad and evil liberals are. And thats nonsense.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:40 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,441,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
The democrat party is too divided between the Bernie supports, the Hillary supporters, and normal people.
I believe you have misjudged the situation...Sanders and Clinton are irrelevant--Last year's news.

The Democratic party is united by a deep and abiding hatred for Donald Trump...much like the Republicans felt about Obama..with one critical difference..a lot of Republicans feel the same way!

Look at Congress..The democrats vote together..as a block..The Republicans are fractured...and infighting is destroying their chance of meaningful change...the people of this country wanted change--Trump rode that wave--but they are getting nothing they want..while some of the base is overjoyed--the country as a whole is not impressed.

Look at the AHCA--an abortion of a bill that was passed only to claim some mythical 'victory'---no one claims it..no one is willing to defend it--the best that Republicans can say is that, 'the Senate will fix it'.

The people are not fooled--many on both sides of the aisle are beginning to panic..and talk about solutions to the pickle that we find ourselves in.

The Republican's best hope may be a quiet stroke in the night..and President Pence to restore normalcy.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:47 PM

1,147 posts, read 717,280 times
It's laughable that Americans think Hillary Clinton is "progressive".

Old 05-06-2017, 10:04 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,518,317 times
Quote:

Exactly!

Old 05-06-2017, 10:11 PM

33,983 posts, read 17,018,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The democrats have lost the House, the Senate, the Presidency, the vast majority of state legislatures and governors.
Yeah, I'd say the nation is turning away from the D party.
correct
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies