Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 09:26 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,046,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually it decreases the amount that young healthy and wealthy males are getting screwed by women,the poor and us old folks.
And what if that young healthy youth gets cancer or gets into a car accident..etc. Our rates will go up to pay for them. Do you understand how insurance works. Everyone needs insurance because it brings down the costs for all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 09:39 PM

14,931 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Of course they wouldn't. Not one single one of them have even read what they voted on. They cannot defend what they voted for.
You mean like the Democrat members of Congress who voted for Obamacare?

As in the famous words of Nancy Pelosi, in response to queries about the contents of Obamacare, "We have to pass it so you can find out what is in it".....

Old 05-06-2017, 09:42 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,221,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
If they are fixing it why are they exempting themselves from it?
Actually, ONE thing done that makes sense:

HOUSE UNANIMOUSLY PASSES MCSALLY BILL STRIKING AHCA EXEMPTIONS FOR MEMBERS OF CONGRESS

So at least there's that.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:42 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,523,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
No explanation to the Left Fascist haters. You screwed things up, Republicans are fixing it....that's all you need to know.
Hahahahahahaha

Wow

Old 05-06-2017, 09:43 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
You mean like the Democrat members of Congress who voted for Obamacare?

As in the famous words of Nancy Pelosi, in response to queries about the contents of Obamacare, "We have to pass it so you can find out what is in it".....
That's true..and it was a very stupid statement for her to make...but Obamacare being bad..does not make this bill better.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:45 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Actually, ONE thing done that makes sense:

HOUSE UNANIMOUSLY PASSES MCSALLY BILL STRIKING AHCA EXEMPTIONS FOR MEMBERS OF CONGRESS

So at least there's that.
An excellent start..of course..meaningless unless, and until, the Senate signs off on it.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:45 PM

25,557 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
MSNBC host: 'No takers' after 217 GOPers invited to explain health vote | TheHill

Cowards. I have no respect for any congressional representative/senator who doesn't have the guts to look the American people in the eye - or constituents back home. Those GOPers are going to come home and most likely NOT face angry voters in their town halls either. One of my senators (R) had a carefully screened, long distance tele-town hall where only a select few were allowed to ask questions. He blames his phone lines clogged with calls from irate constituents on "paid callers." This enrages me. I am both a lifelong Coloradan and a lifelong voter from age 21 on. No one needs to pay me to call my elected representatives. The cowardly GOP wants to avoid talking about the havoc they plan to wreck on the American People with TrumpCareNOT as much as possible. If they felt they were doing great, they'd be fighting to be interviewed by every media outlet in the country; and they'd come home and hold victory parades down Main Street, so we adoring peons could pelt them with flowers. Their silence is deafening.
MSNBC? How stupid of them.

Obama never responded to invitations to Fox; GOP will not respond to invitations from MSNBC.
Is there some sort of mystery here?

No. Just more "gotcha" and less reporting.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:14 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,124,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
The AHCA bill sounds more of like a population control measure more than anything.
That's true, goes well with their motto 'survival of the richest, scr*w the rest'....

Old 05-07-2017, 04:46 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
MSNBC? How stupid of them.

Obama never responded to invitations to Fox; GOP will not respond to invitations from MSNBC.
Is there some sort of mystery here?

No. Just more "gotcha" and less reporting.
Reid has had republicans on her show before to talk about health care. You vote on a bill, you owe your constituents an explanation of why you voted as you did.

Of the 217, I think only 9 have scheduled a town hall during this recess. They work for us. They don't want to face us. Cowards.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:14 AM

23,537 posts, read 17,211,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
MSNBC host: 'No takers' after 217 GOPers invited to explain health vote | TheHill

Cowards. I have no respect for any congressional representative/senator who doesn't have the guts to look the American people in the eye - or constituents back home. Those GOPers are going to come home and most likely NOT face angry voters in their town halls either. One of my senators (R) had a carefully screened, long distance tele-town hall where only a select few were allowed to ask questions. He blames his phone lines clogged with calls from irate constituents on "paid callers." This enrages me. I am both a lifelong Coloradan and a lifelong voter from age 21 on. No one needs to pay me to call my elected representatives. The cowardly GOP wants to avoid talking about the havoc they plan to wreck on the American People with TrumpCareNOT as much as possible. If they felt they were doing great, they'd be fighting to be interviewed by every media outlet in the country; and they'd come home and hold victory parades down Main Street, so we adoring peons could pelt them with flowers. Their silence is deafening.

Self righteous indignation!

the dems who passed obamacare neither read nor understood that 2K plus pages of legislation. The legislation is now in the senate and will be modified even further. what do you want explained?

Hey, 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it"....now how is that a problem if you are a dem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies