Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 04:33 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,891,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
But it's a violation of my safe space!

I can never hear, see, touch, taste anything not to my liking. From cradle to grave you must accommodate me!
Which is why I have always believed the following:

If it were not for civilized society, nature would have curbed those idiots a long time ago.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:40 PM

36,857 posts, read 17,250,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Which is why I have always believed the following:

If it were not for civilized society, nature would have curbed those idiots a long time ago.
Appeasement of the loons.

You watch that kid and his inability to handle words, actions and emotions and it just makes you think how is this kid going to learn, work, handle a family, etc?

I know he's 16ish but it's clear he's been appeased/accommodated his whole life. How will he function if he doesn't turn it around?

Old 05-09-2017, 04:40 PM

2,677 posts, read 1,691,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
How many times did you hear 'white mofo,' 'cracker,' 'white trash,' 's**c' and 'ch**k' by those same blacks in high school?
None. Absolutely none.

Cracker? Please. I doubt my majority black and Latino high school even knew what cracker meant as a slur.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:48 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,042,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It shouldn't go over well, but it should get the same reaction when a black person uses it.
No it shouldn't. And it doesn't. And it won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
If black people want to stop being referred to as the N word, maybe they should stop using it.

Asians don't call each other "ching chang chongs" then proceed to get angry when white people say it.
No. I not only insist on using it, but I also want to say who can and who can't call me that word.

That's just the way it's gotta be. I didn't invent the rule, but I do live by it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I have heard the n word uttered disrespectively by a white adult about a dozen times in the last 40 years. If you think that most white people use that word you are absurdly mistaken. It so absurd that it should not even need to be addressed.
I didn't say most, but "many" is damn sure applicable.

Stop it. When white folks are sure of their company and they're complaining about some black person they hate or dislike, WE ALL know that there's an excellent chance that the N-word is gonna fly.

Come on...I've been around too long to be fooled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
All people are racists.

Glad that's settled and we can debate other things...
No. All people aren't racists. Not even most people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
I don't believe all whites use the word privately. (Some do). But this is where people will get mad, I believe most whites keep an n-word in the chamber as a way to try and get a black person belligerent during any confrontation. So that they can play the victim. I've seen it enough times to know what the deal is. Get into argument with black person, start losing argument, drop n-word, expect black person to flip out, claim victimhood, original argument never actually concludes. Seen it happen enough times to know that a lot of times when people report those "random" attacks from blacks to whites, somebody threw an "n-word" grenade out there and got their butt kicked for it.
I've seen white guys get angry at some black dude and let that word fly a whole bunch of times....especially when I was in the Army. At that point, you KNEW a fight HAD to ensue. Hell, just last year two guys got into a fight at a C-Store in Van Horn, Texas because the black guy had fired the white guy and wanted the guy to clean out his truck and go home. It was a mess. The cops had to be called and everything. I'm trying to buy a damn mudflap and a warning flag, and these two bozos are trying to rip each other's head off. Unreal.

People on here claiming that whites don't wanna ever say that word are just liars.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:58 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,891,146 times
Quote:
Appeasement of the loons.

You watch that kid and his inability to handle words, actions and emotions and it just makes you think how is this kid going to learn, work, handle a family, etc?

I know he's 16ish but it's clear he's been appeased/accommodated his whole life. How will he function if he doesn't turn it around?
I have seen them in the work place in my time. They don't do well. They get upset easily, defy any instruction or authority and go around blaming all their faults on everything else.

It is sad really. We could correct it, but every time anyone attempts to, they are attacked.

You see, progressives love dumb animals that are easily emotionally swayed. They make perfect peasants to control.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:11 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,743,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That differs from my experiences. I heard that word from Whites in the public schools in middle school and high school. I didn't hear it from Blacks until high school. I've also been called the "N" word(and other racial slurs) by Hispanics. I don't know what dynamic is taking place where you live, but where I live, I've experienced being called the "N" word. I can come up with several examples of it. First time it happened to me was the 5th grade.
I was confused which word you were referring to here...
The word Edward A and I were referring to was the deeply offensive ethnic slur for hispanics (s-word), not the n-word.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:14 PM

36,857 posts, read 17,250,671 times
Quote:
I have seen them in the work place in my time. They don't do well. They get upset easily, defy any instruction or authority and go around blaming all their faults on everything else.

It is sad really. We could correct it, but every time anyone attempts to, they are attacked.

You see, progressives love dumb animals that are easily emotionally swayed. They make perfect peasants to control.
It is sad.

He's modeling behavior he's witnessed get what the person displaying it wanted.

So sad and scary.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:44 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,318,489 times
Quote:
The issue as it concerns this discussion is that black people who get upset about the use of the word in a strictly academic setting, for the sake of intellectual discussion and with no ill intent are just racist idiots looking to get offended at anything.
the thread discussion and the post I responded to are two different things.

I've already laid out how I feel about it. white people can say it if it's a quote (non rap song) for serious discussions. The teacher in the video could have diffused the situation real fast though, but he was more concerned with putting the black person in his place than actually being the adult about things. His whole stance was "I should be able to do everything a black person does" which is ignorant of what has occurred in reality.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:45 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,318,489 times
Quote:
But it's a violation of my safe space!

I can never hear, see, touch, taste anything not to my liking. From cradle to grave you must accommodate me!
do we wanna go down this route of who needs safe spaces? LOL.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:49 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,135,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Teacher: when you say N it means friend but when I say N it is racist?
Student then goes ballistic that the teacher just used the N word even though it wasn't directed at him.
You can't even say N when discussing the use of the word N.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FolUliFxkBw
Yeah, well Dr. Laura got kicked off of radio for doing the exact same thing. Just discussing the double standard. So you know that it's going to be trouble. It's stupid as hell, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies