Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2017, 01:27 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Everybody gets healthcare. It's the bill being paid everyone isn't entitled to.
So you are positing that a cancer patient doesn't need insurance? She'll get all of that treatment and therapy without shelling out a dime? She'll just get a big ole bill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 01:30 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaigonPaisa View Post
There would be nothing to deal with.

The assumption is the government is providing adequate services for the lowest cost possible.

This is not a monopoly for profit type scenario.
Ahh there's the issue.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:33 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Haaaa...a Liberal who believes in self responsibility?

Yeah right.
There ya go again! Nice deflection, dude! Resort to projection because YOU don't want to acknowlege YOUR OWN stupid choices and behavior when it comes to your own health. Some of us have always been much smarter and more responsible.

But, since we're now talking about people's sexual behavior, I'll play along. I am a mother of 3 (almost grown) kids conceived within the parameters of a long marriage. Believe me, I've always been highly selective and pretty old school when it comes to intimate relationships. Can you say the same, or is this another area in which you are in no position to judge anyone else?

Oh, and get this: I'm not a "liberal." I'm not a "conservative." Can you dig it? You wanna put yourself into a box and stick a big, fat label on it, go ahead. I've never been much interested in that.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 05-08-2017 at 01:53 PM..

Old 05-08-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Why do you think these countries can afford to do this?

Because of the aid they receive from us in various forms, not the least of which is providing for their national defence.
Your argument here isn't entirely unfounded; I'll give you that.

If you're so concerned with national defense, however, have you ever, or will you, enlist to protect our country? Or is that the dirty job only of kids from poor families who have few other options?

Old 05-08-2017, 02:03 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
your rights are enumerated in the law, healthcare isn't mentioned, so absolutely not.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:04 PM

526 posts, read 386,324 times
Of course not.

Slave labor is wrong, correct? Yes.

Are Doctors Slaves? No. That would be wrong, as we already established.

Then they work of their own free will? Yes.

If suddenly every doctor decided to leave the field and no one was left to supply services what would the government have to do to guarantee your right to healthcare?

Old 05-08-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
Of course not.

Slave labor is wrong, correct? Yes.

Are Doctors Slaves? No. That would be wrong, as we already established.

Then they work of their own free will? Yes.

If suddenly every doctor decided to leave the field and no one was left to supply services what would the government have to do to guarantee your right to healthcare?
My cousin is a VERY high earning medical doctor in Canada who practices medicine by his own "free will." I'm quite sure he has never felt that he was contributing "slave labor."

I wish people wouldn't make comments on things they know little about.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:10 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

Get off of city data POC forum

Old 05-08-2017, 02:13 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
My cousin is a VERY high earning medical doctor in Canada who practices medicine by his own "free will." I'm quite sure he has never felt that he was contributing "slave labor."

Equating a doctor to slave labor is one of the more ridiculous analogies I've ever seen here...and I've read a lot of nonsensical things on this forum.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:16 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Equating a doctor to slave labor is one of the more ridiculous analogies I've ever seen here...and I've seen a lot of nonsensical things.
They would say anything to justify they hatred for the poor and their mortal fear of losing their privileges and get equal treatment as someone they consider "lesser"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies