Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:36 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
please prove

of course God loves all his children and call on them to repent for their sinds regardless of who they are.

PRoblem is you have churches that twist God's word and ignore it and say that a previous sin is not a sin anymore.

( i.e. homosexual acts ).
God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

John 3:17

Old 05-08-2017, 09:38 AM

25,483 posts, read 18,618,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What is the most prolific animal species on the planet?

Hint: http://people.scs.carleton.ca/~arpwh.../ant-facts.pdf
Life would be great as the queen, right? but what if you're a drone? What would you say is the quality of life of a drone? Are you willing to live such an existence? If so, time machine yourself back to the killing fields of Cambodia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have a major problem with all patriarchal religions beyond their magical nonsense because they do seem to believe they have a monopoly on what is needed to get to heaven. I believe they only exist to transfer money from the believers to their preachers, priests and bank accounts.
I in no way shape or form believe I have all the answers.

34,620 posts, read 21,545,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Because you can't socially re-engineer human nature. People want to be able to choose and have more.

The only communism was working or say sustaining itself is with the barrel of a gun.

Communism has killed more people than any war.
Like I said, it's the best system until people are added.

Once you introduce humans, it ranks right up their with feudal lords.

If you need more clarification on my part, people and communism are not compatible. How's that?

28,355 posts, read 16,320,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
There is no argument that Islam and gay rights and gender bending are not compatible. They are matter antimatter. Let some gays lesbos or genderbender trannys have a march down main street in Dearborn. They would be stoned.

When was the last time you were in Dearborn?

Punch line: No, they wouldn't be stoned. Just like there are bars and restaurants that serve pork all over Dearborn. Sharia Law isn't enforced there, no matter how much the fear mongers would like you to believe otherwise.

You should get out of your house a little more.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:39 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,090,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Stop trying so damn hard to be a "citizen of the world" and actually TRAVEL a bit to maybe see what the REST of the world ACTUALLY looks like.

Cultural relativism is for cowards and for people who haven't seen enough of the world to know that such a concept is absolute nonsense.

I have. I'm a US Air Force veteran. While serving my country and wearing the uniform of freedom, I have been to Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, Italy, and England. I've seen the world.

YOU WERE SAYING?!

Old 05-08-2017, 09:40 AM

26,650 posts, read 28,563,001 times
There are extremist Muslims just as there are extremist Christians.

A Lutheran or a Methodist is probably the equivalent of most Muslims. Yet we hear about the extremes. They are the loudest.

I'm not going to wear a headscarf in support of Muslims because I think that sort of thing keeps women down. I think that sort of garb will die out in this country once they become more assimilated. Like, "How ya gonna keep them down on the farm, after they've seen New York." Old song meaning the younger generations want to be like their peers and will dress and act accordingly. Their religious views will diminish too.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
IMO we should not see the person sitting next to us in church as gay or transgender but rather as a person. I'm not accusing you of saying otherwise as your point can be bigger than mine.

No, we do not want to run off those who see themselves as whatever.
I know you know what I meant, but to rephrase so others understand, I want gay people and transgendered people to feel welcomed to sit next to me in church without being seen as anything other than a fellow Christian.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I know you know what I meant, but to rephrase so others understand, I want gay people and transgendered people to feel welcomed to sit next to me in church without being seen as anything other than a fellow Christian.
Right, absolutely.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Life would be great as the queen, right?
Actually, if I had to choose between being an egg laying machine trapped inside the mound my entire life or a drone out collecting food, I'd go drone every time.

Even in communism, there are roles to be filled.

Once again, communism and people are not compatible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.