Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 08:24 AM

39,214 posts, read 27,582,466 times

Advertisements

Well,

One of the attendees, and enthusiastic participant, was Tom O’Carroll, a multiple child sex offender and long time campaigner for the legalization of sex with children and former head of the Paedophile Information Exchange. “Wonderful!” he wrote on his blog afterwards. “It was a rare few days when I could feel relatively popular!”

This is indeed troubling.

Finding children to be sexually attractive is NOT normal, is NOT common.

An academic conference held at the University of Cambridge said that pedophilia interest is “natural and normal for males”, and that “at least a sizable minority of normal males would like to have sex with children, and normal males are aroused by children.” Maybe he was talking about himself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 08:26 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,459,683 times
The OP's article mixes a few stories and says that the American Psychiatric Association organized a 2013 pedophilia conference IN THE UK.

American Psychiatric Association Condones Pedophilia? Blogs dug up an old and misleading article to falsely report that the American Psychiatric Association now condones pedophilia. - FALSE

Old 05-09-2017, 08:27 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,110,332 times
Why does it matter what label we put on it- it's wrong. Whether it's mental/ emotional, or whatever- it's wrong- period. I guess these people have to "categorize" disorders, but there is nothing normal about this behavior.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:28 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,441,022 times
They're not classifying it as a mental disease anymore. It's just a sick crime. Just like a person who gets mad at someone else and shoots him in the head might not have a disease, but he belongs in jail.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:29 AM

39,214 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Whoever said it is natural and normal for males to be aroused by children should seek professional help right away, and I am being polite.

Also, please speak for yourself only. Don't say something like, "oh, it is natural for healthy males to find children sexually attractive."

Old 05-09-2017, 08:32 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
University Academics Say Pedophilia Is 'Natural, And Normal For Males To Be AROUSED By Children'

What the flying crap!?!? Why is there any debate at all on whether pedophilia should be viewed as a mental disorder?? And actually arguing over whether pedophilia is natural?? WHAT THE ****!?!?!? These are all disgusting people that deserve to be shot.
I don't know if you actually read the article... I'm lying of course; you obviously didn't.

Firstly, the summit was a bunch of academics saying we should **** kids. It was a discussion (in which there was more than one position; I know you get your news from Breitbart or the various diet Breitbarts that exist, but those of us not sucked into that bull**** know that academics are not a hive-mind) on the classification of certain diagnosable disorders.

ONE professor was noted saying that pedophilia was natural. One. His argument was becasue of the prevalence of it. "Natural" just means it occurs in nature; it is not a judgement call. Therefore, regardless of how common it is, pedophilia is technically natural, assuming we use words properly. Is it good? No. But that's not the question being asked. These are professors of psychology, not professors of law or philosophy.

Speaking of law, one professor noted concern for changing the definition of hebophilia into a mental disorder (the change was shot down) because he was concerned that doing this would allow potentially dangerous sex offenders to get off easier by claiming mental illness. That doesn't seem to fit the article headline, you don't bring it up, AND it's in the article... what's going on here (speaking of the article, anyone else a little concerned by that cover photo; it's either an actual image of child abuse or a completely innocent image of a child and an adult having been cropped to look like child abuse... and for whatever reason, I don't know which I think is worse).

But yeah... they're the disgusting people needing to be shot. Not the guy who read a diet-Breitbart article HEADLINE and made sweeping generalization, but the people who do research and are objectively more qualified to speak on this issue than you... they deserve to be shot. Especially given that actual outcome of the conference, which was largely non-controversial. A few controversial points were brought up by a few professors. Overall though, there's nothing to indicate anything unholy here. Yeah... you're the good person...

Old 05-09-2017, 08:38 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The Left has really lost its anchor. Just when you think they've hit bottom and can't go any lower, they do.
Let me ask which is lower: having an open debate on psychological research OR reading the headline of an article (which uses a presumably innocent image and crops it to imply abuse... but the left, am I right?) which implies mass consensus of an idea that, by simply reading, would reveal the opinion expressed by ONE person then everyone assumes the headline is true and runs with it, decrying the left as evil, all the while, these same people defend the President form fake news like the New York Times...

If that sounds sane to you, you aren't.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:32 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,523,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The Left has really lost its anchor. Just when you think they've hit bottom and can't go any lower, they do.
What does this have to do with the left at all?? It was a conference in UK in 2013 and...read the article

Anyone approving of pedophilia should be jailed.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:15 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,350,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
They're not classifying it as a mental disease anymore. It's just a sick crime. Just like a person who gets mad at someone else and shoots him in the head might not have a disease, but he belongs in jail.
Hebephilia never was described as a mental disorder, which is what the (apparently) false article was talking about. It's still not, by the way.

Psychologists have been debating whether it is or not one for awhile. Some of them say it's an evolutionary valid behavior, so it's probably not as if it's some rare occurrence, so much as just maybe an unfortunate part of human nature (for some people). Some of them want to call it a mental disorder because of how destructive it is.

Hebephilia is the dominant attraction to recently pubescent children (11-14) or so.

I'd probably prefer it if hebephilia were described as a mental disorder. By the way, there are swarms of creepy 40 year olds all over Youtube videos talking about how they'd like to rape the crap out of various 11 year olds nobody on that website seems to care about for some reason. They'll literally make comments like "I'm a 35 year old man, and I want to **** this 12 year old."

I've had online conversations with them, the ones I wasn't busy threatening. Some of them are actually proud of their attractions. It'd be very nice to be able to tell them they're mentally ill...but that wouldn't make sense of it's something like 20% of society that has those attractions, which they'll probably have a great deal of difficulty discovering because there's no way anyone would admit that.

Everybody constantly talks about how much they'd like to kill pedophiles, and I kind of wonder if that doesn't accomplish anything whatsoever. I don't have much of a point...except I just don't want anyone thinking they're actually accomplishing anything through their internet rage.

Last edited by Clintone; 05-11-2017 at 12:28 AM..

Old 05-11-2017, 12:20 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,143 times
Well, it's natural for me to sheet on the floor but I know society want me to sheet in a toilet so I do. Hopefully that's enough for most people. Social rules.

Tho, the old royalty was known to marry young tweens, and they were usually related some how. Gross by our standards but way back then pretty accepted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies