Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?
Yes 79 29.81%
No 186 70.19%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 04:33 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times

Advertisements

Lol! This is wonderful to watch!

All the outraged libs who wanted Obama to fire Comey are outraged when Trump fires Comey

Old 05-09-2017, 04:33 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please! There is no evidence concerning Trump at all. Zero. But Comey had this coming since letting Hillary off the hook.

It's about time! Comey has been protecting the Clintons for years!
Trump can feel the strands of the noose scratching his neck as it tightens. I think the Russian connections and financing are why he refuses to release his tax returns, and I believe Comey was getting close to the truth.

Comey, BTW, just met with a Grand Jury in Virginia. There may be an indictment recommendation already returned for Trump/

Old 05-09-2017, 04:34 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
This is Trump covering his ass as Comey was closing in on him. Trump will appoint a stooge FBI Director like a Chris Christie type, who will drop the Russian investigation like a hot potato.

Time for a special prosecutor and a new President in 2020.

This is a dictator we are living with and it is sickening!
I agree 100%!

I know I'm OLD.. But what's happening now is very similar path of what Nixon tried to do back in the the early '70's!! I'm sure there are a lot here who have no clue about how Nixon got impeached... BUT back then there was NO such thing as Digital Data.. BUT what Nixon did have was Video tapes 9 which he tried to hide).. along with a lot of attempts to discredit and deny deny deny everything.

Watergate Scandal Timeline

Course back in the '70's there was a far more Bipartisan relationship in Congress... But what Trump does actually mirror what Administration does ( in order to halt/shutdown investigations).. Firing Comey, caused his own issues.. But, the Love Hate of him for Trump has been exposed... He likely already knew or should have known much of this ( especially after yesterdays hearing) plus Comey being forced to clarify those transferred E-mails.

The History Place - Impeachment: Richard Nixon

It seems it's ALWAYS the coverups that snag those powerful peeps!! Firing of someone, or distracting since the age of Digital/social media has expended it a thousand fold!! But, after yesterday, I don't think the firing of Acting AG had anything to do with NOT supporting Trump's EO.. But more about the BAD news she informed "Legal Council" about High Risk surrounding Flynn.. Trump made sure she was NOT in the loops about the EO contents.. SMH

I'm not emotionally connected .. but watching from outside and can see the rudimentary gut reactions of those protecting and trying to HIDE S-O-M-E-T-H-I-N-G because They know!! Indeed Coverups, silence folks, Intimidate will always be the symptoms of " Somebody is HIDING something"!! Actually believe Trump refusing to disclose his Tax Returns was the First symptom of such "Hide and Seek" game he's playing!!

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if many Democrats will actually cheer Comey's removal. That man really didn't please anyone
Democrats admitting this is what they wanted too is not going to happen when they can use it as a cudgel to hammer Trump over the head with instead.

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarmy View Post
Not sure how Comey stuck around this long. He should have been dismissed as soon as Mr. Trump took office.
That could have caused some security issues. You don't fire the FBI the first day. You need time to transition. Trump did this right.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:35 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
I'm just waiting to hear the songs all the Trump apologists sing when he goes down for treason.

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
The president fires the man who was investigating him for criminal wrongdoing. Sounds about right for Trump.

130 posts, read 71,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
If there was something major on Trump it would have came out already since everyone hates him and DemocRats are butt hurt for losing
This. Pretty obvious at this point there is no fire.

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Default Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?...

I think there is no way Trump nominates someone independent and impartial to investigate his alleged wrongdoings. Sad.

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 05-09-2017 at 04:46 PM..

Old 05-09-2017, 04:36 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarmy View Post
Not sure how Comey stuck around this long. He should have been dismissed as soon as Mr. Trump took office.
And that's what he should have done, instead Trump waited until Comey was knee-deep in investigating him before he decided to fire him.

Do you not realize how bad this makes Trump look? If he's not guilty then he sure does have a strange way of expressing it. He should have fired Comey on January 20th ... now he makes himself look like a 3rd world dictator covering his rear end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies