Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?
Yes 79 29.81%
No 186 70.19%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 01:43 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Totally agree..but..why wait..if his conduct was so egregious? Why not fire him first day?

I think Trump thought he could 'handle' Comey...and pulled the pin when it became apparent he could not.

Make no mistake..I thought Comey should have been fired a long time ago..because of the very reasons stated.

But the timing--speaks volumes
The timing speaks NOTHING. There has been zero evidence yet found of ANY collusion or hint of collusion or any "Russian connection" or interference in the election. Certainly nothing involving Trump.

I think Trump, being the man he is, thought it wise to give Comey a decent chance. I thought he should fire him the first day, but that would have been unprecedented, and I think Trump knew that, and knew it would not be looked upon with "admiration" (shall we say?).

But as time went on, it became obvious that (in the words of one commentator) Comey was the "Law unto himself." He was so full of himself, and also full of contradictions. He incorrectly applied the law (regarding Hillary) which does not require a finding of "intent." The "gross negligence" finding is enough and all that is needed for an indictment. Of Loretta Lynch he said, " ...whom I like very much, by the way ..." Really? Her meeting with Bill Clinton on the tarmac showed the extent of corruption within the Justice Department, and she was his boss.

The timing is meaningless. It was just "time," period.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:43 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Think the firing long overdue..I called for when he mishandled the Clinton investigation..to Trump's benefit...and I'm OK with it now....as far as the various investigations in progress..this will pour gas on the fire--FBI agents are long on pride..and they will dig deeper, until they find the truth..a political appointee will make no difference.

I note that Grand Jury subpoenas were issued today----the beat will go on......
A rare principled response.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:44 PM

8,414 posts, read 7,409,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
He had Naval Reserve duty.
He had Naval Reserve duty? At night?

So far, Spicer's Naval Reserve duty has consisted of him getting up in the morning, putting on his uniform, driving to the Pentagon, and attending a conference meeting. He then goes home, takes off his uniform, puts on his suit, and goes to work at the White House.

But now Spicer's suddenly attending after hours conferences at the Pentagon? On the day that his President rocks the world with a firing reminiscent of Richard Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre?

Old 05-10-2017, 01:45 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
Obviously that was a new revelation to you.
Absolutely. I had no idea there were Naval Reserve duty stations in the White House topiary. You learn something every day.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:45 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually he was willing to talk, just demanded they turn off the lights and not record him.

I kind of wonder if he was worried about snipers. Lol.
Yep, he didn't want any evidence of the pack of lies he was prepared to tell. He is the perfect mouthpiece for the liar in the White House. Two peas in a pod.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
So why did trump keep him on? Why wait until now to fire him?
Here's my answer: http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post48111631

Old 05-10-2017, 01:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
How do you know what we would have gotten with Hilary? You don't. But I seriously doubt we would have the train wreck of an administration we have now. Anyone who suggests that Trump is a preferable POTUS to ANYONE else is clueless.
I would still prefer him to Pence. Trump can get nothing done. He's says things that offends people, but so what? His words are nothing more than that. Pence is creepy. Wouldn't meet with female world leaders unless his wife was present? I hate to think how deep that idea goes.

Ryan would get things done. I have no desire to see Ryan get things done. Hillary was a war mongering wall street sell out. So she would have argued that the government should be able to determine where people pee. Right about the time she started her war with Russia.

We could have avoided all of this.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:49 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We could have avoided all of this.
Yes agreed... there is some glitch in the matrix when two turds of this magnitude become our choices.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:49 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The timing speaks NOTHING. There has been zero evidence yet found of ANY collusion or hint of collusion or any "Russian connection" or interference in the election. Certainly nothing involving Trump.
You're aware that the investigation is still ongoing....right? it's all still classified at this point. You, nonsenseguy, have no idea what evidence there is or isn't. None of us do...and we wont' find out until the investigation is concluded and everything is made public.

It baffles me how so many conservatives keep screaming "there is no evidence!" Unless you have a top secret clearance and are involved in the ongoing investigation, you have no idea what there is.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Fun thing to qoute considering the Trump team copied and removed documents from a SCIF facility. Ahh hypocrisy.
And of course you have some proof of this, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies