Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?
Yes 79 29.81%
No 186 70.19%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 01:53 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
If he actually cared about his reputation he would resign. He cares about his job more.
Actually, neither he nor Sessions should have participated in the first place. But, then neither are Elliott Richardson whose resignation I remember well. I was only 31 y/o, then. But, it was a very big deal.

It is clear the FBI is closing on something - to fire Comey now doesn't pass the smell test.

News reports say Rosenstein and Sessions were directed by Trump to come up with reasons to fire Comey.

Given all we know about the Don the Con, did Rosenstein HONESTLY believe he wouldn't be played? So, he walked in the oval office and actually believed he was talking with a professional who had integrity. To put it kindly, Donald Trump has no familiarity with either truth or integrity.

Rosenstein should resign - or his lifetime reputation is shot. But, you're right. He probably cares about his job more than his "reputation."

Last edited by Ariadne22; 05-11-2017 at 02:06 AM..

Old 05-11-2017, 02:13 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
" The president, Mr. Comey told associates, was “outside the realm of normal,” even “crazy.” "

I was under the impression (correct me if I am wrong) that Mr Comey was a life-long Republican. If he really said that I'll give him credit for having a spine.

When the madness passes, he could emerge as a Republican candidate for governor somewhere as the party rebuilds and attempts to restore it's tarnished image.
The Republican Image has always been tarnished and there's never been a shortage of tarnished people, who have supported it.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:16 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Trump complained to his inner circle that Comey was "his own man". In other words he was running the FBI the way that America's most important law enforcement agency should be run. The FBI directors responsibility is to the law and the constitution not the president.

Let's not forget that Trump was praising Comey for his toughness in dealing with the Clinton investigation, Trump said he had "guts" and was a good man. Now Trump fires him for the way Comey treated Clinton, you can't make this stuff up. Also I should add that Comey had asked the justice dept for more resources to help with his investigation into the Trump election team's connections with the Russians.

Trump said that he fired Comey based on a memo sent to him from deputy AG Rosenstein that suggested Comey should be fired, Rosenstein has since denied this and has threatened to resign.

The one thing that most people in Washington seem to agree on is that the timing of this stinks to high heaven, and that Trump is trying to disrupt the investigation on his and his election team's connections with Russia. I don't think Trump will last a single term based on his behaviour as president, he obviously has serious personality issues.
Yes...no kidding. It has been ridiculous. He appears to have a split personality, is changeable, has a lack of impulse control, is narcissistic, sociopathic.. on and on. There is a lot of time focused upon what "someone did or said", his reactions and retaliation. He is such a child and bully, among other things, clearly incapable.

He is obviously feeling threatened by possible investigation findings, which translates to guilt. It has been a tough time and many want it over with, as you must know, hopefully not taking long to resolve. We want the country to get back on track.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:18 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Trump complained to his inner circle that Comey was "his own man". In other words he was running the FBI the way that America's most important law enforcement agency should be run. The FBI directors responsibility is to the law and the constitution not the president.

Let's not forget that Trump was praising Comey for his toughness in dealing with the Clinton investigation, Trump said he had "guts" and was a good man. Now Trump fires him for the way Comey treated Clinton, you can't make this stuff up. Also I should add that Comey had asked the justice dept for more resources to help with his investigation into the Trump election team's connections with the Russians.

Trump said that he fired Comey based on a memo sent to him from deputy AG Rosenstein that suggested Comey should be fired, Rosenstein has since denied this and has threatened to resign.

The one thing that most people in Washington seem to agree on is that the timing of this stinks to high heaven, and that Trump is trying to disrupt the investigation on his and his election team's connections with Russia. I don't think Trump will last a single term based on his behaviour as president, he obviously has serious personality issues.

Comey should regard his firing, as an award from Trump for meritorious service, despite his gaffe of costing Clinton the election.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:04 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
" The president, Mr. Comey told associates, was “outside the realm of normal,” even “crazy.” "

I was under the impression (correct me if I am wrong) that Mr Comey was a life-long Republican. If he really said that I'll give him credit for having a spine.

When the madness passes, he could emerge as a Republican candidate for governor somewhere as the party rebuilds and attempts to restore it's tarnished image.
My understanding is that he was a Republican but officially switched to Independent last summer. With all the investigations that started then, I would love to know what influenced that decision.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:42 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I agree with you up to the Pence part. The way this is going you might be going down to Ryan. Sad.
Pence was notified in Nov. about Pence. His faux outrage at being misled is not believable.

Ryan is involved in the cover-up. We may be down to Orrin Hatch.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:42 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Comey wasn't doing his job. He was a self serving off the wall kind of guy who never looked at Hillary or her connections with Russia and other countries and taking big money from them. If anything , Hillary is dirty and Comey gave her a pass.

Meanwhile the dems are looking for some kind of connection , looking and looking to find a scandal.. the democrats are doing things backwards.. let's look for a scandal making it up as they go, while Hillary has done many things that are scandalous and Comey slept though it . Comey had ties to the Clinton foundation.

Comey didn't even speak of the unmasking of names as if he was going to yawn. We know these things happened and Comey did NOTHING about the leaks, about the unmasking for pure political reasons.. just as Lois Lerner was going after the groups of conservatives who were supporting a presidential nominee. That is tampering with the outcome of an election. To hamper the conservatives who support a Republican is tampering and colluding with the IRS is just what the democratic party and Obama did. Where is the investigation? This is collusion into an election outcome. We know where all the dirt lies.. in the democratic party.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:47 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
By the end, neither of them thought much of the other.

After President Trump accused his predecessor in March of wiretapping him, James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director, was flabbergasted. The president, Mr. Comey told associates, was “outside the realm of normal,” even “crazy.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/1...mes-comey.html

Good to know the FBI can smell crazy as much as most non kool aid drinking Americans. What a joke of a president.
How does he know it is crazy.. He never looked into it? Comey didn't do his job. Comey never looked at Hillary and her many big money donations from foreign countries and Russia included.

Selling the rights to uranium from the US to Russia is crazy.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:08 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It's not new. It is because of the Democrats in Congress that Bill Clinton was impeached but not removed from office.
then, trump shouldn't be afraid of being impeached. Because of the reprublicans in congress, he wouldn't get removed, right?

Old 05-11-2017, 04:12 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Pence was notified in Nov. about Pence. His faux outrage at being misled is not believable.

Ryan is involved in the cover-up. We may be down to Orrin Hatch.
Don't you mean Flynn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies