Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?
Yes 79 29.81%
No 186 70.19%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 03:53 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Rod Rosenstein's letter recommending Comey is fired - BBC News

this guy is an Obama appointee, highly respected by both the left and right, and was confirmed two weeks by a 94-6 vote

this letter goes into far more detail. Most of the media is ignoring all of this. The letter also takes the advice of several other attorney generals

this is just the case of the media creating hysteria again
I don't have to read it, I trust our great President to do the right thing although I questioned why it took so long to reach this obvious conclusion.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:54 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
I'm still bewildered by why Trump didn't call Comey to the oval office and offer him the option to resign before firing him.

When firing someone over not following proper protocol...

Old 05-10-2017, 04:04 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
So The Donald fires the one guy who likely could bring this thing down on hio head, and you can bet that the replacement will be a puppet, declare that "there is nothing to see here", and the Donald will go merrily on his way to destroying our Nation.

If that doesn't work he simply declares martial law while he "gets things back on track after a horrible, reckless, impeachable offense from Comey threatened to ruin the Nation."

This guy is one sneaky bastard and not to be trusted for one second. Guaranteed he declares another "win" from this deplorable act.

Who loses? Anyone not named Trump.
Yeah, amazing...a CROOK gets to run the show. He has somehow gotten away with murder for 60-some years.. he has to be caught, sometime.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:10 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
Want to know why Comey was fired, read this. trump wants to shut down the judiciary. In reality, I think it is the judiciary that will save this country from trump.
CNN exclusive: Grand jury subpoenas issued in FBI's Russia investigation - CNNPolitics.com
Quote:
Federal prosecutors have issued grand jury subpoenas to associates of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn seeking business records, as part of the ongoing probe of Russian meddling in last year's election, according to people familiar with the matter. CNN learned of the subpoenas hours before President Donald Trump fired FBI director James Comey.

The subpoenas represent the first sign of a significant escalation of activity in the FBI's broader investigation begun last July into possible ties between Trump campaign associates and Russia.
The subpoenas issued in recent weeks by the US Attorney's Office in Alexandria, Virginia, were received by associates who worked with Flynn on contracts after he was forced out as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in 2014, according to the people familiar with the investigation.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:15 AM

26,463 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
How Nixonian can you get?
That is funny. There were some Democrats implying that Comey was in Trump's pocket - it looks like that conspiracy theory was shattered so on to the next conspiracy theory!

The fact is that Comey had no faith from either party. Hillary has repeatedly said that Comey (along with sexism and Russia) cost her the election. Other democrats have repeated such claims.

Comey should have been fired.

The only issue is that Trump needs to pick an FBI director that Democrats feel comfortable with - as the Democrats are still working on the conspiracy theory that there was collusion between Trump and Russia. Of course Democrat conspiracy theorists ignore Clapper saying that he has seen zero evidence of this and that Russia had every reason to oppose Hillary regardless of who her opponent was as Hillary was most likely to continue the Obama-Bush doctrine of creating power vacuums in Middle East and then repeatedly arming moderate rebels (read terrorists like ISIS). Russia must protect its warm water port in Syria and they can't do that with Hillary insisting Assad must go and that ISIS (err moderate rebels) must be armed.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:15 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Why is it, when Comey was going after Hillary, he was so hated by the left? But now that he is fired, the left love him? It's like Fidel Castro all over again. Left claim they despise communism, but they embrace and idolize Castro. They claim to love immigrants, whether they are documented or not, unless they are Cubans fleeing a communist country.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:21 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I don't have to read it, I trust our great President to do the right thing although I questioned why it took so long to reach this obvious conclusion.
Never heard of "trust but verify", eh? I suspect that a lot of people will find themselves deeply, bigly disappointed due to their unseeing, blind faith in trump.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:21 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Default Invalid Poll Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Total crap and if Comey were not closing in on Trump's fat a**s he would still have his job.
Comey himself has said over and over again that "Trump is not under investigation." And, after eight months (has it been?) there has still been ZERO evidence of any so-called "Russian connection" or collusion. That's a fact, Jack. Comey was not, nor was anyone else "closing in" on Trump.

This entire investigation was started by Obama, with no evidence whatsoever, an effort initiated (most likely) to help Hillary, who made the accusation that Trump had "Russian connections."

But who really had "Russian connections?" Can you all remember, "Tell Vladimir, I'll have more flexibility after the election." — Barack H. Obama

And how about Hillary and the "Russian reset?" Or, Hillary selling 20% of U.S. Uranium to Russia?

Zero evidence of any Trump connections to Russia. None found yet, as long as this investigation has been going on. It is a Democrat circus act. It's been laughable to watch, if you've listened to any of the testimony, if it wasn't so nauseating.

So, the Poll Question above is invalid, because Trump isn't under investigation.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:25 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump and Pence were warned repeatedly about Flynn.

Yet, without any vetting whatsoever they allowed him access to our nation's top secrets, including the daily national security briefings and who knows what else.

Comey investigates Flynn and gets fired by Trump.

2 + 2 = 4
Obama and Clinton were warned repeatedly about Benghazi/

Yet, without any assistance whatsoever, they allowed a US Ambassador and 4 soldiers to die. Clinton told a bald face lie and said it was over a youtube video. And Obama? Yeah..not important enough to cancel a DNC fundraiser in Vegas.

So, yeah..forget that, and focus on some bogus Russian collusion nonsense...

Old 05-10-2017, 04:27 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
No kidding.

Whatever this is about - and I am pretty mystified - it is NOT about Trump suddenly suffering from a chivalrous impulse on Clinton's behalf.

And the way it was done - well, why on earth would someone with half a brain now agree to accept a high-level appointment from Trump???
Seriously? It looks like trump was 1. trying to avoid any facts coming out about his campaign, 2. according to trump anyone who even appears to be unbiased and fact-seeking is against him automatically (wonder why that is?), and 3. major, major, I mean really bigly major, jealousy on trump's part. Just sayin'...

How does this sound:

"there was growing frustration among President Donald Trump’s associates that the former FBI director would not tamp down questions about the president’s alleged connection to Russia.
He refused to “say those three little words: ‘There’s no ties,'”

“While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation"

“Oh, and there’s James — he’s become more famous that me,” Trump said to Comey during a January reception for law enforcement."

Report: Trump Was Mad Comey Wouldn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies