Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 11:41 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times

Advertisements

Smart people who take responsibility for their own safety and comfort plan ahead and take precautions. My mother had a crazy bladder and constantly needed to scout out restrooms. She rectified the problem when necessary by limiting her liquid intake beforehand and, as she aged and the condition progressed, used incontinence protection as mentioned above. This *used* to be pretty standard measures for people with special needs to take before traveling: preparing for contingencies.

WTF happened to our self-reliance and personal responsibility?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 11:41 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Er. What am I missing. The seatbelt light is on. Assuming it was not done just to mess with that passenger, I dont see an issue.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Squatting on your seat does not sound like the safer alternative.
They have products for people to wear in cases like this. If her case is this bad she should avail herself of them on a flight.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:45 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Unlike me, who enjoys peeing in cups on airlines JUST FOR FUN!

Old 05-10-2017, 11:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
A person who has bladder problems such that they cannot remain seated when the seat belt sign is on, she should be wearing incontinence protection.
I remember one angry woman driving from Texas to Florida wearing a space-diaper to avoid any stops.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:49 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I remember one angry woman driving from Texas to Florida wearing a space-diaper to avoid any stops.
Haha! I remember that insane story. Now THAT was commitment to crazy right there.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They have products for people to wear in cases like this. If her case is this bad she should avail herself of them on a flight.
I suppose so. The fact that she posted her face for all to see tends to say she is just looking for something, probably money.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:10 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean; I don't know. Allegedly the plane was in full descent. If I had a similar problem, I just might choose another means of transportation. Sometimes you have to work around illnesses/conditions. IBD; IBS, etc.
EXACTLY. The airline staff was completely in the right. Shame on that passenger, especially since she claims that she is a medical professional. If she knows that she has an overactive bladder AND she knows her flight times, she could have planned much better by limiting her intake of liquids, taking a medication for it AND wear an adult diaper (like that crazy astronaut lady did).

There is a real need for the passengers to be securely seat-belted in their seats during ascent, descent and times of air turbulence. It's for her own safety and the safety of others.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:18 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean; I don't know. Allegedly the plane was in full descent. If I had a similar problem, I just might choose another means of transportation. Sometimes you have to work around illnesses/conditions. IBD; IBS, etc.
Exactly! As a nurse, I would think she would be more than familiar with the "choices".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Okay, this one is on the passenger. One, she knows she has bladder problems, they have depends at every drug store and grocery. When you have chronic physical problems YOU need to preplan and make choices that will assist you. Two) Not much else the flight attendant could do, everyone knows they turn into gulag guards about that seatbelt sign - and they actually have no choice.

The woman ought to be embarrassed, instead she is seeking her 15 minutes of Facebook fame and probably hoping for United to give her some bucks.
Exactly. I have ulcerative colitis.
How dare you imply this woman should take personal responsibility for herself! Where you have you been? Many people just find the thought of personal responsibility to be unfair, showing prejudice, not pc, etc.

We have a 30 years old with Down syndrome, he is lower functioning and one might be surprised at how creative someone can be when necessary.

Personally, if I ended up in that situation, I wouldn't tell anyone about it, I would be embarrassed.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:23 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Urine luck, we have extra cups
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies