Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 12:28 PM

749 posts, read 733,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Here's written report; it was also reported by US reporters in the WH Press Corps on TV outlets that US reporters were BANNED by the WH when Russian journalists were allowed in. Donnie's under their thumb now.
Trump bars U.S. media from White House meeting, but lets in Russian photographers
Wait wait wait...

Your source is MASHABLE?

Surely you jest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 12:30 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I so want to see how anyone in the Trump camp defends this. The Russian press is allowed to sit in on a meeting at the White House that American press is banned from. Unreal.

Come on, Trumpies, we're waiting. Justify this.
I mean, we know that the "MSM" can't be trusted to be fair. All they do is lie - they know nothing about the alternative truth that only is in Trump's heart (you don't listen to his words!! Come on, now!)

Russian news? Definitely going to spin a positive story for Putty and our Orangeness.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:31 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
Wait wait wait...

Your source is MASHABLE?

Surely you jest!
Here...it's on Fox, feel better now.
Russian Media Invited Into Trump's Closed-Door Meeting With Kremlin Officials | Fox News Insider
Reporters have pointed out that the photos of Trump and Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Amb. Sergey Kislyak were taken by Russian media at the White House, while U.S. media was not invited.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
This mantra -- msm isn't fair. When they show a speech, press hearing, etc...we HEAR and SEE -- we don't need the media to tell us what we HEAR and SEE.

You all seem to think we are back to the days of radio and newspaper only where we only knew what we were told. Now we see it all and hear it as it happens. We have acccess to a million perspectives on the same story online and even sometimes on TV...

and you will continue to suggest the mainstream media challenging the administration are misleading us...with WHAT....We hear and see it.

What am I missing?

Are you talking about the panel discussions...that's not news --that's a panel discussion.

If you think people are influenced by that -- that is on the people not on the media.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:37 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Wait wait wait...

Your source is MASHABLE?

Surely you jest!
And so the faithful erases an inconvenient fact from their minds.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:38 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
As for this situation.

Again Trump's media/communications dept. mishandles this terribly. Having the Russians to The White House -- the President should be in control of the message, the media, the moment.

But instead the Russians cover the story as the 'official' press of this meeting.

Not what Americans want....I don't care who you voted for. I cannot believe that you think it is okay to allow Russia media and no American media at all.

At least with the so called American biased media -- we see all of it -- and we know that reporters are free to challenge without fear of death.

This President and his gang are the weirdest. And don't tell me they are unconventional and therefore refreshing -- that's hogwash spin that isn't selling anymore

Anyone check approval ratings lately?

Old 05-10-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
To put it mildly - 'the optics are not good.'
Clownshoes. They're incompetent crooks.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:39 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Trump (to the Russian Foreign Minister): Sir, our leader's directive to fire Comey has been carried out. I hope Master Putin is pleased. Now I will be able to carry out his orders without fear of getting caught.

Russian Foreign Minister: Yes, President Putin is very pleased. You have done well, Donald. Here is a list of people who can replace Comey that we've put together for you. You get to pick which one from this list.

Trump: Fantastic, I always like it when you guys let me make some of the decisions. I am very smart, you guys should let me decide more things.

Russian Foreign Minister: Hold on, Donald. (to the Russian journalists): Make sure you write a hit piece on Comey and how astute Donald is for firing him. Make up something about Comey being a liberal commie plotting to overthrow the government and that he went to a sex party with Bill Clinton. You must mention the Clinton and sex or murder; or the dumb Trumpeters will not believe it.

Russian Foreign Minister (To Trump): Ok Donald, listen. I don't know how Stephen Colbert knows about your interaction with our president but we think there is a leak in your administration.

Trump: No, not my administration; I think it's Melenia. She's jealous of Putin.

Russian Foreign Minister (to the Russian journalists): Write something bad about Stephen Colbert, this guys is getting too close to the...

Trump: I can just have the Secret Service knock him off and drop him in the middle of the ocean. they love me, they do anything for me.

Russian Foreign Minister: Brilliant! We can just blame it on Hillary, your dumb supporters will buy it hook, line, and sinker.

Trump: I am so smart. Aren't I smart? I am so special.

Russian Foreign Minister: In a very Olympic way, yes. We hope you stay president for a long, long time; until the day you die. In fact, we are working on a plan to make that happen.....

749 posts, read 733,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And so the faithful erases an inconvenient fact from their minds.
So you think MASHABLE is a reliable source of information?

Surely you jest!

Quote:
Not particularly.

Somebody using MASHABLE as proof of anything only proves that said individual is an imbecile.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies