Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 03:59 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times

Advertisements

...find some way to justify it and say its a good thing. I can see it now. Comments like "we won, you lost" and "go cry in your safe space liberal scum." More articulate ones would be saying things like "sometimes hard decisions like this are necessary to save the country #DrainTheSwamp #MakeAmericaGreatAgain."

Of course this would never happen, but its hyperbole intended to point that many Trump supporters are more loyal to Trump and the Republican Party than they are to the United States and its Constitution. How much longer will they be able to keep up deflecting his mistakes and justifying the odd, disturbing decisions? What will it take for people to realize this President might not be who they think he is?

One more thing, this is NOT about the GOP platform or specific issues. Issues like immigration, tax cuts, healthcare, the environment, LGBT rights, and yes, even the wall, can be debated. This is about Trump specifically and his erratic, dangerous, down right scary decision making, some of which goes against everything this country is supposed to stand for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 04:01 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,187 times
would...

...Rejoice.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
...find some way to justify it and say its a good thing.

Trump can't even put on his pants without the left claiming he did it wrong and needs to be impeached.

Our system of government makes it impossible for the drivel you posted to actually happen anywhere but in that twisted imagination of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Just like Trump said, I could shoot someone on fifth avenue and no one would care." Talk about a cult leader.
I posted this on 4-2-2014 under a former iteration of myself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'd say liberals will believe anything Obama says. Even when they've been openly lied to, many multiples of times, they rarely call him out. Why is that?

The theory is: If a liberal caught Obama standing over a body with a smoking gun in his hand, the liberal would decide that Obama came into the room after the fact and picked up the gun. They simply cannot bring themselves to question this man, no matter how obvious it is to the rest of the world.

So yes, in this respect, liberals will believe anything. Just ask the millions of former democrats and republicans who were smart enough to flee their parties and became Independents. I'm probably going to frame my "We're sad to see you go" letter from the RNC.

People are wising up to the pseudo-partisan cronyism of both parties progressive wings. A viable third party isn't too far off, IMHO.
I still stand by it, and for the most part was exactly correct. Trump is the closest thing to a third party President that we have ever had. The white educated women and many dems flipped their votes, and will continue to.

The absolute insanity being displayed by the extreme left is showing just how psychotic they truly are.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-10-2017 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: name calling

Old 05-10-2017, 04:04 PM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Evidently it is not possible for Progs to debate actual issues, so they make up fairy tales and invent StrawMan Conservatives who are assigned ridiculous positions.

Then the Progs hold a debate and WIN!
Imagine that.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:05 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
...find some way to justify it and say its a good thing. I can see it now. Comments like "we won, you lost" and "go cry in your safe space liberal scum." More articulate ones would be saying things like "sometimes hard decisions like this are necessary to save the country #DrainTheSwamp #MakeAmericaGreatAgain."

Of course this would never happen, but its hyperbole intended to point that many Trump supporters are more loyal to Trump and the Republican Party than they are to the United States and its Constitution. How much longer will they be able to keep up deflecting his mistakes and justifying the odd, disturbing decisions? What will it take for people to realize this President might not be who they think he is?

One more thing, this is NOT about the GOP platform or specific issues. Issues like immigration, tax cuts, the environment, LGBT rights, and yes, even the wall, can be debated. This is about Trump specifically and his erratic, dangerous, down right scary decision making, some of which goes against everything this country is supposed to stand for.

Last year I recall posting something to the effect of "Trump could kill a litter of puppies and his supporters would find a way to justify his barbaric act" ... and it's true. More and more I have come to realize that Trump isn't the problem, it's his supporters. Getting rid of Trump and his administration is the easy part, but we're going to be stuck with his delusional, demented, bigoted, ignorant, intolerant supporters for decades to come ... and that's the real problem.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:05 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Just like Trump said, I could shoot someone on fifth avenue and no one would care." Talk about a cult leader.
Any day now, I'm expecting him to be donning some Central American/African/Southeast Asian-esque strongman faux military uniform.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:06 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
We have real life examples of this likely being true. Both Bush and Obama argued that they could suspend the Constitution and ignore Due Process rights.

Very few of their supporters condemned that. It would probably be the same here.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:10 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Are psych meds on backorder again? I hate it when this happens.

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Another looney toons thread by an irrational zealot.

Trump can't even put on his pants without the left claiming he did it wrong and needs to be impeached.
Go read the thread about Trump banning the American press from his meeting with the Russian foreign minister, while at the same time, inviting the Russian press into the meeting. Virtually ever Trump supporter there is happy about the American press being locked out, on U.S. soil, no less, and the Russian press being greeted with open arms. They are celebrating it in that thread.

There is little doubt now that there is virtually nothing Trump could do, even if it goes against the Constitution itself, that would ever prompt a cultist to turn on him. He's busy right now trying to decimate the First Amendment, and they are celebrating it.

Unreal.

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:

One more thing, this is NOT about the GOP platform or specific issues. Issues like immigration, tax cuts, healthcare, the environment, LGBT rights, and yes, even the wall, can be debated. This is about Trump specifically and his erratic, dangerous, down right scary decision making, some of which goes against everything this country is supposed to stand for.
Agree. They are like the dumb animals in the book Animal Farm who basically do not have the brain power to reason or think independently. They will be bleeping praises for their great cheetos in chief even as they are led to slaughter. Sad but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies