U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 06:07 AM
Status: "Trump: "Oh, the secrets I know!"" (set 4 days ago)

7,609 posts, read 4,272,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
If up to him he would stay until impeached and removed. It may not be up to him. The GOP would rather have him resign or removed under the 25th amendment than go through a lengthy impeachment. I suspect the family will have a role in his "early retirement."

I had suggested, last August I believe, that Mr. Trump would resign after two years, for two reasons: 1) he will not really like the job; and 2) he would declare that he had achieved everything he set out to do.

My baseline opinion has not changed. He may move the timeline up some, if he feels growing heat over the investigation.

It is still very possible, of course, that the Republicans will be able to pass tax reform (which appears to benefit mainly the wealthy), and perhaps even healthcare reform (ditto). Get some funding for a Wall (even if only enough to build 100 miles of it), make note of the fact that the number of illegals coming into the country is down, and Mr. Trump may well call it a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 08:03 AM

19,399 posts, read 10,854,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Looks like Pence and Prebius had a role in being a Trump puppet. Can't trust anyone in politics.

Pence does not have clean hands. He is either the dumbest person on EARTH or he has repeatedly gone out and LIED over and over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The GOP won't impeach Trump, they insist on carrying the baby to full term.
LOL. You are so right.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:10 AM

5,630 posts, read 1,364,825 times
The thing is, the prez doesn't really have to "break a law" to be impeached. Congress can call for impeachment due to mismanagement (asking the person who is investigating something if he is included over and over again, suggesting that the investigator give the "good guy" a break, lying, even the constant twitterfests could all combine to show pretty gross mismanagement) without any actual law being broken. Looking at the big picture, at some point the republicans are going to decide that trump is too much of a drain and hoist that whole bag of slop back at him. I mean, after all, clinton got impeached for lying, just for lying, and trump has gone way beyond that simple thing.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:13 AM

5,630 posts, read 1,364,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The GOP won't impeach Trump, they insist on carrying the baby to full term.
Or, they could suddenly decide that lat term abortion is a good idea after all. 'Late term' being what, anything beyond a couple of months, right?

Or, if they insist on carrying to full term, they certainly won't care much what happens to the baby after that, so perhaps they will be seeking someone else for the 2020 election.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:15 AM

13,167 posts, read 6,813,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Coming soon.The call is getting louder and louder ,what is your opinion?

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ps-impeachment
well that does it! time for trump to go.

Cambridge Mass has decided impeachment is necessary. lets all give up on democracy now. our Overlords have spoken!

PS to the rest of you, you better get this in your brains. The PROG LEFT hates you. They want to destroy you, subjugate you and force you to your knees. They will do whatever is necessary to get power and then keep it.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:16 AM

16,621 posts, read 10,565,232 times
Dreams of a liberal:

1. The election of President Hillary Clinton (fail) - for those late to the game, she didn't win and there won't be a redo.

2. The impeachment of President Trump (prepare to fail again)

Old 05-19-2017, 08:05 PM

19,214 posts, read 39,243,714 times
While Robert Muehller's choice as special counsel to investigate the Russian interference and Trump campaign involvement might have been an inspired choice--it might also turn out to be a not very bright one by Rosenstein---
Apparently there is an obscure Federal ethics rule which might impede Muehller's effort...
The fact that Trump in January signed an EO extending the prohibited time from 1 to 2 yrs looks especially prophetical now...
White House looking at ethics rule to weaken special investigation - Business Insider

Old 05-19-2017, 08:12 PM

19,214 posts, read 39,243,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
The thing is, the prez doesn't really have to "break a law" to be impeached. Congress can call for impeachment due to mismanagement (asking the person who is investigating something if he is included over and over again, suggesting that the investigator give the "good guy" a break, lying, even the constant twitterfests could all combine to show pretty gross mismanagement) without any actual law being broken. Looking at the big picture, at some point the republicans are going to decide that trump is too much of a drain and hoist that whole bag of slop back at him. I mean, after all, clinton got impeached for lying, just for lying, and trump has gone way beyond that simple thing.
Clinton lied under oath--on a trumped up charge brought by GOP insiders like George Conway--the husband of KellyAnne who has been a Clinton hater from the get-go--
Trump has not been put under oath at this time about any of these charges...would that he had...
And Trump has a long history of lying by omission/deflection when under oath as in deposition or giving testimony in a court--which he tried to avoid at all costs---
He just claims any time he can get away with it that he "doesn't remember"....over 100 times in one deposition...
So if he ever gets to impeachment, don't expect him to do anything but refuse to testify and plead the 5th probably...

They don't have to impeach Trump---
They can invoke the 25th amendment which was created when Wilson had the stroke and his wife was running the country...it basically pushes the President out of office on grounds of "incapacity" and frankly I think we are there now...
But who wants Pence---
I certainly don't
He is worse than Trump in some ways--mainly a smoother liar but still a psychopath in some ways...

Old 05-19-2017, 08:22 PM

668 posts, read 570,459 times
No. Let the special counsel investigate--I agree with Trump--this is a witch hunt.

Old Yesterday, 12:28 AM

2,403 posts, read 922,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Clinton lied under oath--on a trumped up charge brought by GOP insiders like George Conway--the husband of KellyAnne who has been a Clinton hater from the get-go--
Trump has not been put under oath at this time about any of these charges...would that he had...
And Trump has a long history of lying by omission/deflection when under oath as in deposition or giving testimony in a court--which he tried to avoid at all costs---
He just claims any time he can get away with it that he "doesn't remember"....over 100 times in one deposition...
So if he ever gets to impeachment, don't expect him to do anything but refuse to testify and plead the 5th probably...

They don't have to impeach Trump---
They can invoke the 25th amendment which was created when Wilson had the stroke and his wife was running the country...it basically pushes the President out of office on grounds of "incapacity" and frankly I think we are there now...
But who wants Pence---
I certainly don't
He is worse than Trump in some ways--mainly a smoother liar but still a psychopath in some ways...
The 25th Amendment sounds most appropriate. I think you are right, that Dump would otherwise just continue on the same path, wasting everyone's time and it would be useless. I have hoped that through the current process, it would be determined that Pence has also been deceptive and contributing to problems and would go down with the the ship. What a headache... but glad the process has begun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies