Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 09:11 AM

8,086 posts, read 6,709,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Be careful with that train of thought, it can come back to bite ya when you least expect it.
History tells me that I have nothing to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 09:12 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,216,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Impeachment why? Because you and others don't like him?

Also... impeachment does not mean removal. We learned that with Clinton.

Grow up. Trump won the election. Stop trying to cut corners and advance your agenda (whatever that is) and elect your candidates the right way.
We didn't learn that. We knew this. Assuming you knew what impeachment is. The house can move to impeach the president, which is literally just calling for a trial. The actual definition is "to call into question the integrity or validity of something." The Senate acquitted him.

As for wanting Trump to be impeached, that's not an issue of maturity. I personally feel a man who tries to tell the public to blame the judges in the wake of a terrorist attack should not hold office. I think it's unlikely he'll be impeached since at this point, the GOP has a useful surrogate. The moment Trump proves he's a competent governor, the Republican party will turn on him.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:18 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,040,819 times
Since I followed politics, short time, Bush Jr. I always been hearing IMPEACHMENT IMPEACHMENT, and at times I thought it really would happen. Nothing even close. I suppose some will response, "This time it is different". Well we shall see. Maybe we will bump this trend in a few months, kind of like how all those Trump will never be President threads were bump after the election. When very smart people on this forum repeated the exact words of CNN in the thread titles. Not because they were copy and pasting an article from CNN, they were literally just repeating the same words.

We all like to think we are right and smart at the moment, but luckily in this age of technology, we can always bump threads. Easy to sound smart when you are predicting the future, when no side of the argument can really win for sure at the moment.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:25 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,891,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
History tells me that I have nothing to worry about.
I am sure you think that, or hope it is true. We Shall See.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:33 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,243,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Coming soon.The call is getting louder and louder ,what is your opinion?

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ps-impeachment
You can't impeach a President just because you don't like him. Read the Constitution for impeachment grounds. So far, you have zero grounds for impeachment.

Trump has not committed a crime. He has not committed treason, nor has he acted in any way, manor or form that would give grounds for impeachment.

There were grounds for impeachment of Barack Obama, yet it did not happen. Bill Clinton was impeached but not removed from office.

Suck it up, buttercup.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:37 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,243,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Not until 2018 , at least--the number of Republicans in the House needs to be shaved down a little. Even so, the standard of evidence would need to be very high, to vote a True Bill.
The real issue is whether the hard-core Trump base would accept the rule of law..if Congress tossed Trump out of office?
Trump is restoring the rule of law in our country. You'd have to have something pretty spectacular. Firing James Comey isn't it. He was well within his right as President. The FBI Director serves at the pleasure of the President and answers to the Attorney General. The AG and Deputy AG recommend he be replaced. End of story. Even Democrats wanted him fired ...until he was.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:58 AM

18,761 posts, read 11,747,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Really happy with him & not at all sorry that for the first time I voted GOP throughout the ballot. Even for local & state elections I am going to continue voting for GOP so that he has support from my city & state. I am not pro-Sharia like the corrupt liberal leaders, celebrities & their delusional followers so I am never going to vote for an invasion. I love this country, its history & people so I am not going to vote for cultural suicide. If you want sharia law then please move to Europe.

Wow. Fear based emotional votes are not the answer. Have you been following anything about the Trump/Russian connection? Cultural suicide? Really? Sharia law? I can't stop laughing at that one. Sorry dear one but you need to put that fear aside and get out of your own back yard. Read. There are far bigger issues at hand here now.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:02 AM

14,880 posts, read 12,033,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Coming soon.The call is getting louder and louder ,what is your opinion?

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ps-impeachment
Meh, consider the source. Just more indulging in their childish fantasies.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:05 AM

8,384 posts, read 7,345,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You can't impeach a President just because you don't like him. Read the Constitution for impeachment grounds. So far, you have zero grounds for impeachment.
Go read the articles of impeachment drawn up for Richard Nixon.

It seems to me that Donald Trump is headed down the same path as Tricky Dick...not involved in the original crime, but getting hip deep in the cover-up.

IMO, the sad thing is that Trump doesn't have to go down that path, but his ego needs him to go down that path.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:10 AM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times
I hated this crap when Obama was the president, and I hate it now. It's trite and boring.

Come on liberals, chill with the impeachment fantasies and get real. Stop being petulant like a typical conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies