Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 12:18 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Are you just making up facts? Your party kept recycling​the talking points that Hillary was obsessed with going to war with Putin and that Putin hated Hillary for the sanctions she spearheaded. Now you want to switch the story so that Putin would have preferred to have Hillary in office?

Meanwhile, Trump had spent the last decade building up his portfolio with Russian $$ and connections, but you still think that Putin had more influence over Hillary?
I never asserted that Hillary was going to be tough on Russia, but I heard that on the evening news (and still didn't believe it). She definitely wasn't going to open up more drilling or fracking or approve the pipeline. Russia needs oil prices to be high and supply to be limited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I generally side with you on this argument, but I have to call BS on this one. Trump was not a Republican, and he won. His base support was not in the Republican Party. Different reasons, but your point is off.

It is true, the Democratic Party seemed to favor Clinton over Sanders. I don't think they should have, but there is nothing illegal about it. It's just Republicans whining and deflecting, and all the facts in the world will not change their views.

To be clear, I didnt say outsiders in general , I said an outsider running in the Democratic Primary.

BUT!!!!, it does apply to Trump as well. Trump didnt win because most Republicans support him, He ran in a field of 18, votes split and proportionality is different in the Republican party.

It it had been a field of 3 or 4 from the beginning, Trump loses, as even in winning, he only got 44% of the vote.

He won the Republican primary with about the same percentage that Bernie lost the Democratic one with.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
In my own words. They did much like school aged kids do to make people not like someone. Create a negative vibe about the person and the rest will follow. The perception I got from the whole thing was much more than just "support" for Clinton, you took it a different way. Opinions differ. It really doesn't matter what happened though , I wouldn't have voted for either.
Im not really worried about who you would vote for, thats not the discussion.

The point you and others make is that Bernie was cheated, but he wasnt. He was an outsiders, with views left of the party itself. He was in the minority of the minority. He lost because more people supported Clinton. There is a reason that the Progressive wing of the party only has 74 members(CPC) and half of them arent considered real members.

Progressives are the minority in the party, but you guys are arguing that the moderates and liberals should have evened out the vote just to make Bernie happy which makes no sense what so ever.

I honestly believe the only reason he even got 30% of the party vote(44% overall) is because there was a "somebody other than Clinton" vote and he tapped into it.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:30 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
What exactly did Trump do to warrant the accusation that he "colluded" with the Russians? I hear that accusation non stop from the media, from Democratic operatives and politicians, but I have never once heard anyone say exactly what that means. Do you believe that Trump picked up the phone, called Putin, and said "if you help elect me president I will do you favors once in office" ? That would be colluding. But I don't see any plausibility whatsoever that Trump would ever do something like that. There are many good, logical reasons to oppose Trump. I don't think all his critics are wrong in everything. But no matter what you think of him, the idea that Trump would do something like that, knowing his personality, his history, and his political beliefs, is ridiculous in the extreme.

If anything, there is far more evidence, that Hillary was compromised by the donations to her foundation by various foreign governments and entities. The fact that their donations dried up after she lost the election is very telling. If she had won, I would have been concerned about whether her decisions as president were done in the interest of our country or in the interest of her foreign donors.
Perfect and succinct.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:31 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I never asserted that Hillary was going to be tough on Russia, but I heard that on the evening news (and still didn't believe it). She definitely wasn't going to open up more drilling or fracking or approve the pipeline. Russia needs oil prices to be high and supply to be limited.
They need sanctions removed and billion-dollar deals with Exxon signed off on by someone sympathetic in the White House more than they need oil prices to be. Who do you think that sympathetic figure is -- the lady who orchestrated the sanctions in the first place or the guy who owes billions to inner circle that wants the sanctions removed?

Old 05-11-2017, 12:33 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,758,897 times
If Russia intervened on Trump's behalf in some sinister, unknown way, then they failed miserably. Hillary won the popular vote.

Doesn't anyone see how completely nonsensical this conspiracy theory really is?

Old 05-11-2017, 12:35 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
What exactly did Trump do to warrant the accusation that he "colluded" with the Russians? I hear that accusation non stop from the media, from Democratic operatives and politicians, but I have never once heard anyone say exactly what that means. Do you believe that Trump picked up the phone, called Putin, and said "if you help elect me president I will do you favors once in office" ? That would be colluding. But I don't see any plausibility whatsoever that Trump would ever do something like that. There are many good, logical reasons to oppose Trump. I don't think all his critics are wrong in everything. But no matter what you think of him, the idea that Trump would do something like that, knowing his personality, his history, and his political beliefs, is ridiculous in the extreme.

If anything, there is far more evidence, that Hillary was compromised by the donations to her foundation by various foreign governments and entities. The fact that their donations dried up after she lost the election is very telling. If she had won, I would have been concerned about whether her decisions as president were done in the interest of our country or in the interest of her foreign donors.
You think Hillary's charity is a more likely source for bribery than a real estate portfolio funded by millions of dollars from Russian oligarchs?

How exactly does the charity bribe work? If you do me this favor, I'm gonna build a hospital in Niger... If you break the law for me, I'll reward you with some free publicity... What is the incentive for Hillary to use that foundation for illicit gains?

Old 05-11-2017, 12:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Did the Russians make Hillary set up a home brew server in her bathroom or was it the Russians convince the DNC that they should hack in Bernie's campaign to throw the election?

Where is the proof? Why do the democrats continue to push an agenda that isn't real?

Hillary Clinton tech staffer: Typo precipitated John Podesta email hack - Washington Times
and isn't it time we move on? Nothing is going to change what has or has not happened. There are a lot more pressing issues in my opinion.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:38 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
If Russia intervened on Trump's behalf in some sinister, unknown way, then they failed miserably. Hillary won the popular vote.

Doesn't anyone see how completely nonsensical this conspiracy theory really is?
suck it up buttercap and get over it!!!! Our constitution is very clear, it is based on electoral votes: end of story and take CA out of the picture the popular vote wouldn't even be an issue!!!!

Old 05-11-2017, 12:39 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Did the Russians make Hillary set up a home brew server in her bathroom or was it the Russians convince the DNC that they should hack in Bernie's campaign to throw the election?

Where is the proof? Why do the democrats continue to push an agenda that isn't real?

Hillary Clinton tech staffer: Typo precipitated John Podesta email hack - Washington Times
They have absolutely nothing and they're gonna ride this Nothing Unicorn all the way to 2020.

They want to say it was the Russians on the one hand, then spout racist misogynistic xenophobic redneck supporters on the other.

They want to say Comey has Trump by the short hairs because he has something to hide on the one hand, but in reality, not only does Trump and his administration have nothing to hide and Comey told him thrice he's not even being investigated, but Trump is baffled that he won't come out and tell the public what's up on the other hand.

Trump is either guilty with Comey or he's not. Knowing Comey is going to testify why wouldn't Trump kiss every hair on Comey's ass and give him 25 minutes to draw a crowd?

Because he's innocent!

Libbys, you have nothing.

But never fear, keep yappin about Comey until Cobert, Kimble and Maher tells you what to yap about next.

In fact, the DNC takes your lead. I think you anti-Trumpers grab up the newest garbage on the social media, spin it and fling it, then Chuck Schumer, Elizabeth Warren, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Scumbag Waters and such spout that on the MSM. Then Hannity, Tucker, Greg Gutfeld, etc. Get the popcorn out and watch y'all twist off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies