Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:14 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Thankfully, those people who've done those atrocities are no longer on this Earth. Thankfully, those people who endured the torture are no longer on this Earth. Sounds mean and awful spiteful of me to say this... but the past is the past. We can't go around pointing fingers and laying blame to people who never committed a crime. That's like a jailing a man because his grandfather raped 1000 women.

We're in the 21st century. Why don't we treat skin color as if it like hair color? It makes no friggin difference what skin color you have. Who you are as an individual is what makes you who you are.

End of story.

And I am really tired of hearing each news story on the TV or Net about "such and such person of this color has done some atrocity to somebody of the same or different color".
Past, present, or future people will continue to kill for different reasons? It was pointed out that blacks kill because they are jealous. Well sure I could have spoke about the present, but I chose to speak about the past and ask the reasons why the violent acts of the past with whites killing blacks took place. Well the one OP mentions they were merely a piece of property-lending some sort of twisted justification for those vile evil-spirited acts, yet they failed to answer the questions-although I desired a reply from the OP quoted.

I am not sure what world you are currently living in, but those same acts of violence from the past are still occurring. The historical era may have changed, but men remain the same!!

Old 03-08-2008, 09:18 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Did I not say that all men have blood on their hands. All can be barbaric-this is for sure. I am aware that blacks kill blacks all over this world. Black people have not participated in killing a mass number of other races in our world. Their hands are not sparkling clean, but they are not as dirty and filthy as others.
I have no blood on my hands. I've not killed a single person in my entire life. Just because some people that are similar to me in color or religion have killed - doesn't mean my hands get stained by their actions.

Quote:
I am not sure what world you are currently living in, but those same acts of violence from the past are still occurring. The historical era may have changed, but men remain the same!!
I live in my own little world devoid of color conclusions. Many people wants to see color as a defining issue... but as part of the "younger" generation, I can tell you that amongst my peers - color seemed not an issue.

However, as long as people want to see that color-definition exists - it will exist. Certain individuals see every opportunity to see "black" or "white" and make a big to-do about it. I think if the media quits with the "omigod, black people are so horrible because they talk funny and wear silly clothes and commit terrible crimes" - the idea will slowly dissapate.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:23 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,338 times
Quote:
Who are the "they" that you are referring to who would want us to believe stories that were not true about the killings of black slaves-which you referred to as farm equipment.
Race baiters who would have us believe that every white slave owner beat every black slave to death (what about black slave owners?) just to be mean, that's who "they" are. The reality is not quite so sensational, I'm afraid. Yes, I referred to them as farm equipment, because to the slave owner, that's what they were.

Quote:
Did I not say that all men have blood on their hands. All can be barbaric-this is for sure. I am aware that blacks kill blacks all over this world. Black people have not participated in killing a mass number of other races in our world. Their hands are not sparkling clean, but they are not as dirty and filthy as others.
So as long as we only kill members of our own race, then it's less bad than if we kill members of other races? I've heard this argument before, actually...someone was telling me that we were wrong to steal land from the Native Americans...then I pointed out that the Native Americans were killing each other and stealing land from each other long before Columbus showed up...to which he responded that it was ok for the Native Americans to kill and steal from each other, but not for Europeans to do it. It didn't make sense to me then and it doesn't now, I'm afraid.

However, it does raise an interesting question...you seem to be suggesting that heteroracial crime (did I just coin a new term?) is worse than homoracial crime. If this is correct, and I'll go along with your premise that it is, than what would you think if it could be shown that one race disproportionally targets another race when committing crimes? For example, white men raping white women is bad, but white men raping black women is worse...so how would you feel, and what should be done, if we started seeing a trend of white men raping black women much more often than the other way around?

This is a very interesting topic, please, let's continue.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:42 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,161,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
So i was reading about the awful killing of a student body president Eve Carson(a white female). Apparently, the police has a photograph of what appears to be a BLACK Man using HER ATM Card. It also appears he was using HER CAR.

This got me thinking about black culture in America. Why is it that SIGNIFICANTLY more VIOLENT crime is created by Black people than any other race? Why is that it "Kool" to dress with ridiculously baggy pants with your pants falling out so that people can see your boxer? Why is it that kool to talk in slang and call each other "nergo", but it not cool for other race to call you that? Why is it kool to rape and rob EVERYONE(mexican,white,asian and even BLACK themselves?). What about RAP music that praises killing and murders?
It's not about him being black. That creepy old man hiker dude that they caught being a serial killer in NC was WHITE. It's more about poor people and them giving up on making money the right way.

I do feel that the chronically poor class of people need to change their attitude and stop thinking that rich people and our government owes them a better life. I think that the poor need to accept that getting a good education is what gets people ahead in this country. And just because their public school system is not ranked the best, the parents need to take more responsibility for their children's learning and they need to make them do their homework. It's foolish to just keep having babies they can't afford to raise properly and expect the public school system to make them into functioning adults. I am appalled at the terrible life attitudes that poor people have. They need to stop flashing the victim card and instead take charge of their life. Instead of buying electronic games for their kids and taking them to Chuck E Cheese or going to the movies, they should be going to their public libraries once a week as a fun family event (and it's free) or going to art and science museums.

I do get the impression that black people think that something special will happen for them should Obama become president, like he will pass some special legislation for them or something. However, what they keep failing to realize is that Obama is successful because he studied hard and made it into Harvard Law School. He also acts "white" and is well spoken like a civilized person. He doesn't talk like a rap star. In fact, he could be considered an "oreo".

Otherwise, I am Chinese and was raised in a white suburb of Boston with a very good public school system. Yes, my teachers were good, but they were also happy they weren't getting assaulting like the poor teachers in Philadelphia. My fellow students and I had a great desire to do well in school and get into good colleges. Had one of us beaten up a teacher, our parents would have punished us severely and made us apologize to that teacher. But not so in Philadelphia. The parents just don't get involved and it's not the school system's fault. And there were people of colour in my school. No one had any problems with the ones that were there to learn. We did have a couple of Metco students that were very scary, mean and would bully the fat white kids. No one liked or respected them.

Another observation is my own race. Those Asians that keep to the Chinatowns and don't learn to speak English well are just holding themselves back in this country. The Asians that speak English well and interact with other races in American tend to be very successful.

So my point is I believe that racial discrimination is not a problem in our country. The problem is when one race sticks together, doesn't try, has a chip on their shoulder and having a bad attitude. Acting white should not be considered a bad thing or selling out. And it should not be labeled "acting white" or being whitewashed. It's a matter of embracing and integrating into the mainstream and putting a little sweat equity into oneself.

I remember working for a Japanese restaurant and they just didn't get why there was a MLK day. Yes, they understand that slavery was bad, but on the other hand, they felt that blacks should just move forward, stop living in the past, and live for today and the tomorrows by getting a good education, applying themselves in getting themselves a good job or career and stop thinking that other races looked down on them. What they respect are people that work hard and have integrity. They also realize that being in America is a great opportunity and there are too many countries in the world that would be better to live in.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:54 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,029 times
4 pages of responses, really? I would have hoped this one would have sunk down to Davey Duke's Locker by now. No need to help people live out their fantasies of being Edward Norton in American History X, is there?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:56 PM

When you answer my questions other than the farm equipment analogy, I will continue this dialogue with you. You still have not spoke to the children, or the women/children who were raped and had their stomachs sliced opened by the white slave masters. So, should I safely assume that farmers rape their horses today?

Tribal fighting is biblical, and yes it is vastly different from going to and fro from one end of the world to another killing people to steal riches that do not belong to you because of greed and wanting to acquire power.

White men raping black women?? It still happens, my dear.

Violent, angry, mentally ill, etc. Men are men, and I trust none of you when it comes to criminal acts. I clutch my purse, walk fast, lock my doors, etc. around any man black or white. Color is insignificant when it comes to crime.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:00 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,839,298 times
Wow...original poster blames a race of people, and another one-ups them and blames half of an entire species!

Quote:
When you answer my questions other than the farm equipment analogy, I will continue this dialogue with you. You still have not spoke to the children, or the women/children who were raped and had their stomachs sliced opened by the white slave masters. So, should I safely assume that farmers rape their horses today?

Tribal fighting is biblical, and yes it is vastly different from going to and fro from one end of the world to another killing people to steal riches that do not belong to you because of greed and wanting to acquire power.

White men raping black women?? It still happens, my dear.

Violent, angry, mentally ill, etc. Men are men, and I trust none of you when it comes to criminal acts. I clutch my purse, walk fast, lock my doors, etc. around any man black or white. Color is insignificant when it comes to crime.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:06 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,188,694 times
Let's state the obvious... the person who committed this murder was a sick $%)@ regardless of race, color, sex, age, etc. Evil knows no race or ethnicity. These kinds of cases are poster children for the death penalty, and at least this case and the one in Alabama will be tried in states where people actually seek and carry out the death penalty.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
It's not about him being black. That creepy old man hiker dude that they caught being a serial killer in NC was WHITE. It's more about poor people and them giving up on making money the right way.

I do feel that the chronically poor class of people need to change their attitude and stop thinking that rich people and our government owes them a better life. I think that the poor need to accept that getting a good education is what gets people ahead in this country. And just because their public school system is not ranked the best, the parents need to take more responsibility for their children's learning and they need to make them do their homework. It's foolish to just keep having babies they can't afford to raise properly and expect the public school system to make them into functioning adults. I am appalled at the terrible life attitudes that poor people have. They need to stop flashing the victim card and instead take charge of their life. Instead of buying electronic games for their kids and taking them to Chuck E Cheese or going to the movies, they should be going to their public libraries once a week as a fun family event (and it's free) or going to art and science museums.

I do get the impression that black people think that something special will happen for them should Obama become president, like he will pass some special legislation for them or something. However, what they keep failing to realize is that Obama is successful because he studied hard and made it into Harvard Law School. He also acts "white" and is well spoken like a civilized person. He doesn't talk like a rap star. In fact, he could be considered an "oreo".

Otherwise, I am Chinese and was raised in a white suburb of Boston with a very good public school system. Yes, my teachers were good, but they were also happy they weren't getting assaulting like the poor teachers in Philadelphia. My fellow students and I had a great desire to do well in school and get into good colleges. Had one of us beaten up a teacher, our parents would have punished us severely and made us apologize to that teacher. But not so in Philadelphia. The parents just don't get involved and it's not the school system's fault. And there were people of colour in my school. No one had any problems with the ones that were there to learn. We did have a couple of Metco students that were very scary, mean and would bully the fat white kids. No one liked or respected them.

Another observation is my own race. Those Asians that keep to the Chinatowns and don't learn to speak English well are just holding themselves back in this country. The Asians that speak English well and interact with other races in American tend to be very successful.

So my point is I believe that racial discrimination is not a problem in our country. The problem is when one race sticks together, doesn't try, has a chip on their shoulder and having a bad attitude. Acting white should not be considered a bad thing or selling out. And it should not be labeled "acting white" or being whitewashed. It's a matter of embracing and integrating into the mainstream and putting a little sweat equity into oneself.

I remember working for a Japanese restaurant and they just didn't get why there was a MLK day. Yes, they understand that slavery was bad, but on the other hand, they felt that blacks should just move forward, stop living in the past, and live for today and the tomorrows by getting a good education, applying themselves in getting themselves a good job or career and stop thinking that other races looked down on them. What they respect are people that work hard and have integrity. They also realize that being in America is a great opportunity and there are too many countries in the world that would be better to live in.
Wonderfully and marvelously made by the creator who sent me here for a significant purpose. I am not intimidated nor ashamed of the color GOD gave me, I embrace it and I love it and it is beautiful-I must say!!

I love all those you speak ill of and I happen to be one of the troopers out here daily trying to lift people up and educate people about the significance of their life. If you have not walked in their footsteps during their lifetime, you can not accurately access what they are doing or not doing. Most people as yourself know nothing, until you hear their stories, so to put them all in "one size fits all" is ignorance to the highest degree.

I do not need to entertain you with my economic status, nor my educational status. This is not what defines me nor is it such that it will provide me with eternal life. They are tools to have for purposes beyond ourselves and this is the only reason why I have acquired mine, for something greater then me!!

I have a heart and passion for all people who are hopeless, because that is what most of them are regardless of their color. We will always have the poor and the downtrodden among us. I have been a public servant for 16 years, and this is my perspective.

This is only testing ground for what will come hereafter. I am going to pass my test, how about you? GOD has let everything happen for a reason, not always for us to understand, but it has been written and it shall be done.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:41 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,161,054 times
Quote:
Wonderfully and marvelously made by the creator who sent me here for a significant purpose. I am not intimidated nor ashamed of the color GOD gave me, I embrace it and I love it and it is beautiful-I must say!!

I love all those you speak ill of and I happen to be one of the troopers out here daily trying to lift people up and educate people about the significance of their life. If you have not walked in their footsteps during their lifetime, you can not accurately access what they are doing or not doing. Most people as yourself know nothing, until you hear their stories, so to put them all in "one size fits all" is ignorance to the highest degree.

I do not need to entertain you with my economic status, nor my educational status. This is not what defines me nor is it such that it will provide me with eternal life. They are tools to have for purposes beyond ourselves and this is the only reason why I have acquired mine, for something greater then me!!

I have a heart and passion for all people who are hopeless, because that is what most of them are regardless of their color. We will always have the poor and the downtrodden among us. I have been a public servant for 16 years, and this is my perspective.

This is only testing ground for what will come hereafter. I am going to pass my test, how about you? GOD has let everything happen for a reason, not always for us to understand, but it has been written and it shall be done.
Why is your god a part of this? Why bring religion into this? Yes I do care about others, however I don't support those who procreate irresponsibly. I don't consider every baby to be your christian god's gift to society. There are too many humans on this planet as it is. My biggest beef is with the Pope and any other christians who are against birth control. And I don't feel that I am obligated to support these unwanted or poorly parented babies.

And I have friends that are teachers. And it saddens and frustrates them greatly to have students that don't want to learn or don't respect them. And there are way too many students that don't care about education. Instead they only want to emulate the celebrities in People magazine. It's very tragic.

The majority of the time, I don't think of my race. I just feel like an average person and American, not a Chinese person. As to the colour of my skin, I have a perpetual tan. I see white people with darker tans than my skin tone. The only people that make me feel Chinese are those who don't know me well and pester me to find out "where I am from". And when I say that I am an American or that I was born in Manhattan, they then ask where my parents are from. Yes, I do find that a little annoying as I am not here for their curiosity or entertainment. I don't consider myself some talking National Geographic museum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies