Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2017, 03:23 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,800,032 times

Advertisements

At this point, the refusal to acknowledge 45 is completely off the rails by his supporters, reminds me of the Charge of the Light Brigade.

“Forward, the Light Brigade!”
Was there a man dismayed?
Not though the soldier knew
Someone had blundered.
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 03:31 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
People, please quit being so naive. Of course there are tapes. Only an idiot would walk into the Oval Office and think there are no tapes. The point though is that Trump won't be the one running the recorder.

It's a joke, people! Trump was just ribbing Comey because Trump knows he told the truth about the Comey conversation, tape or no tape.

In any case, what's the harm in asking, "Am I under investigation?" The possible answers from Comey would be:

1.) "Yes."
2.) "No."
3.) "I'm sorry, sir, but I am unable to disclose those facts at the present time."

Quoting Hillary: "What differences does it really make anyway?"

Oops, I think Hillary was talking about emails and bootleg email servers, not tapes?

I forgot. Hillary told too many lies for my ability to keep track of them all.

You know, like crimes?

Old 05-12-2017, 03:33 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
People, please quit being so naive. Of course there are tapes. Only an idiot would walk into the Oval Office and think there are no tapes. The point though is that Trump won't be the one running the recorder.

It's a joke, people! Trump was just ribbing Comey because Trump knows he told the truth about the Comey conversation, tape or no tape.

In any case, what's the harm in asking, "Am I under investigation?" The possible answers from Comey would be:

1.) "Yes."
2.) "No."
3.) "I'm sorry, sir, but I am unable to disclose those facts at the present time."

Quoting Hillary: "What differences does it really make anyway?"

Oops, I think Hillary was talking about emails and bootleg email servers, not tapes?

I forgot. Hillary told too many lies for my ability to keep track of them all.

You know, like crimes?
Deflect with Hillary....it never gets old.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:37 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Where are trump's handlers today....this is insane this morning.

Guess the wiretapping at the WH is trump's.

Crazy eh?

You'd think Trump had already learned how bad he sounds in secretly taped conversation that got released to the public.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:37 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump keeps digging a deeper hole.
He has admitted to a taping device and tapes - that could be subpoenad.
You know how Nixon's own tapes brought him down? Wouldn't it be ironic if....?

Old 05-12-2017, 03:38 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't believe that President Trump has done anything impeachable at this point.

I just wish that he could step back and get some perspective. He threatens Comey, while he's going around tearing down Comey's reputation. The more he attacks Comey, the more he drives Comey to actually come out and comment. And the fact that Comey found out he was fired from TV is horrible. President Trump's administration could do so much better than it has.
He simply cannot do that. He has only one perspective and it is him at the center of the universe. I think he believes everything he says as soon as it's out of his mouth and that becomes his reality. Everything else is just noise to him and he ignores it.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:41 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
He simply cannot do that. He has only one perspective and it is him at the center of the universe. I think he believes everything he says as soon as it's out of his mouth and that becomes his reality. Everything else is just noise to him and he ignores it.

Yup. This, exactly.

And then his followers do the same thing. It's mind-boggling.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:44 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
I don't understand the mentality of some of you supporters. Trump touted that bulls*** phrase in his campaign and you latch on to it like a rabid dog. You violently cling to it with no true rhyme or reason.

Dear friend, how can he drain something he has helped to create?

Trump is the swamp. He is the filth. He is the garbage and filth that needs disposing of. Stop using terms blindly and making yourself look foolish.
Trump is cleaning up Washington. Get used to it!

Old 05-12-2017, 03:47 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
It is Trump style. YOU'RE FIRED! Comey was a weirdo.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I hope you will never lose your ability for name calling. Your entire post would be about 3 sentences without the ad hominem attacks.

You lived in proximity to...? You what, live in New York so you know EVERYBODY in New York? Oh please!

We'll see about any special prosecutor. We already know the alt-left wants one, not for justice but rather so they can continue to sling the mud for an entire year instead of a few months a standard investigation will take.

Admit it. All the alt-left wants is to paralyze government no matter how badly that hurts America. To them being alt-left is more important than being pro-America.
With all due respect, you should probably look up the definition of 'ad hominem' attack. My discussion regarding Trump is with and among you and the forum users, not Trump.

Trump is, in fact, the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies