Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 02:16 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Are you serious?

Most of the leaks have been proven false, but as one of the haters, I guess you just refuse to believe anything other than the completely unfounded claims.

I honestly cannot for the life of me understand how people with even an average IQ would believe these completely unfounded claims, almost all of which have been proven to be false.

You keep believing that I have no credibility, you know, the guy that told you dems that all the polls weren't real, and gave you the facts, and data to explain why. I was the one debunking the Trump hit pieces with the verifiable facts, which was easy, because most of the hit pieces debunked themselves if you actually read the whole article.

Yes, I'm the one that has no credibility, while you believe every story that has nothing more than an unnamed source. You believe a Russian conspircy theory that 9 months, and counting still has no evidence to back it. Yes, I'm the one with no credibility. LoL.
Hmm..OK..for what it's worth..Not a Dem..so that one missed.

You've not really addressed what I believe..for example, I have no real belief one way or the other about a 'Russian conspiracy'...I just think that an impartial look would do wonders for America.

As for being the 'one' who told us all..well there were a lot of hopefuls back then..and events proved you right...errr...so?
Even a clock..at least an analog one..is right twice a day...that does not make the clock a reliable timepiece.

Evidence? Since when does the public get a look at an ongoing investigation? We just don't know..and neither do you.

As for Trump...he debunks himself quite regularly---so no real reason to take a lot of effort.

My point is simple...I respect even-handed discourse..even when on opposite sides...I have little or no respect for those who cherry pick facts to spin events to their point of view.

My world has no room for 'alt/facts'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 02:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Why don't you explain it to those of us who are uninitiated?

That the press did not cover leaks in the Obama administration or those who worked in the Obama administration did not feel the need to leak like a sieve because the truth was getting trampled?

Remember, these are Trump's own people providing the leaks.
Yes, the whole fake outrage over leaks (as if the act of leaking information is what we need to be concerned about) is interesting to watch.

If leaks didn't spew from Obama like they are from Trump's presidency, maybe we should ask why. Maybe Obama wasn't a serial liar, wasn't a paranoid narcissist, or wasn't doing unpopular things? Seems like an obvious answer.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:48 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
My point is simple...I respect even-handed discourse..even when on opposite sides...I have little or no respect for those who cherry pick facts to spin events to their point of view.

My world has no room for 'alt/facts'

That is my main complaint about government!

There isn't going to be any governing done when all we have is alt-left and alt-right. We need more moderates, we need compromise, we need politicians who think about what's right For America, not what's right for their party to gain dominance over the other party and damn America!

I just want the facts. It's too bad the press isn't writing fiction. Oh, wait, they are!

That's the situation these days: We have Fox News, and we have all the rest alt-news. But facts are facts, you don't vote on facts. There is only one truth!!!

The problem is that too many "facts" in reportage are in reality commentary. At least Fox goes to great effort to point out that they are offering mostly commentary, e.g. Sean Hannity, e.g. the late Bill O'Reilley, etc. They made it clear they were speaking opinion!

The rest of the press? Cherry picking, filtering for opinion and adding bias, then calling it news.

Old 05-13-2017, 05:28 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Seriously, this is all you have today. The resistance is slipping away.

MSN? Really, is that your source?

Oh, gee, I haven't heard "hate his guts" since I was in elementary school.

I am glad you are ecstatic just like you were when you believed that Hillary Clinton was going to be POTUS, but you know the higher the ecstasy the harder the fall!

Seriously, isn't it time to switch channels when it comes to the media.

Gee I thought everyone had the brains to know what a "BYLINE" is, you know the actual source of a news story? Definition of byline
a line at the beginning of a news story, magazine article, or book giving the writer's name

All the news outlets share stories, but of course that knowledge is far outside the ken of your average Trumpeter, lol!

And FYI, I was for Bernie Sanders, as were many, many anti-Trump folks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies