Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 12:54 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What difference does that make. Still full of after-processing bacteria and god knows what "additives" were in the feed. It won't be labeled either, so we have no way of knowing what poisons we are putting in our bodies.

Chicken Melamine | The American Conservative
Yes, there's not much of good quality that comes from China. The last thing I'd want is my FOOD coming from China. Fresh, canned, frozen, no matter what--I don't trust that it will be produced under safe conditions. They sold us dog food that killed dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 01:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,215,951 times
Quote:
How you gonna know? It's not like they are going to say "made in China" on your McNuggets.
I don't eat fast food but you could always demand where the fast food people source their product.

people raise enough hell they will source US products. Besides, fast food chicken is raw. China can only ship cooked poultry.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:02 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yes, there's not much of good quality that comes from China. The last thing I'd want is my FOOD coming from China. Fresh, canned, frozen, no matter what--I don't trust that it will be produced under safe conditions. They sold us dog food that killed dogs.
You can be sure they take shortcuts, don't have or ignore health practices that are required in the US just as they abuse labor to make clothing or Iphones.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:10 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,477,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Don't buy it.

I won't.
You will never know if it's in any restaurant food or fast food which you buy or in any frozen, canned, boxed meal that you buy. It could be in a hotdog or meatballs or in your frozen meal or chicken tenders or even in soup or chili.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:48 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,441,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
You will never know if it's in any restaurant food or fast food which you buy or in any frozen, canned, boxed meal that you buy. It could be in a hotdog or meatballs or in your frozen meal or chicken tenders or even in soup or chili.
Well, Congress in 2015 voted to remove the country of origin labels on meat in the US because the WTO said it discriminates. Who's administration was in power then? Why all of a sudden is this an issue?

Old 05-12-2017, 01:50 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,441,673 times
How China Got Approval to Process and Export U.S. Chicken

lmao...Who was POTUS in 2013?

Old 05-12-2017, 01:56 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don't eat fast food but you could always demand where the fast food people source their product.

people raise enough hell they will source US products. Besides, fast food chicken is raw. China can only ship cooked poultry.
And, we shouldn't be worried about their standards of cleanliness just because it is "cooked"?

If a US company can mess up, think how much more chance there is when the product is produced questionable conditions, and then shipped halfway around the world. ewwww!

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal...7%2Fpha-010717

Old 05-12-2017, 02:00 PM

18,001 posts, read 27,450,890 times
Quote:
...and raise our prices for beef and heating our homes. Swampmeister Ross said "big deal" to that. He doesn't care if it makes more money for big oil and agribusiness. You forgot to mention that we will be importing Chinese chicken as part of the deal - you know, the same chicken that was killing our pets and spreading bird flu around Asia.
Groceries are dirt cheap now, and over the last year especially.

Heck, a scrawny avocado costs from 1.25 to 1.75 at Wal-Mart, 88¢ or 77¢ at Safeway or Albertsons or King Soopers if you find a deal. A Honeycrisp apple costs about 2.75 and a bell pepper costs up to a buck twenty.

Not sure what bread and rice and sugar foods cost because I'm watching my weight and health, you know, the garbage food they expect kids to eat.

A good steak costs about 13 bucks per lb these days, cheese from 5 bucks to 9 bucks per lb, eggs, from 3 bucks to five fiddy, depending on how happy you want your chickens.

So tell me how things can get more expensive?

If this kwrap keeps.up, Americans may soon become Iron Athletes.

Three bucks for a few lemons!

Old 05-12-2017, 02:04 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,154,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Well, Congress in 2015 voted to remove the country of origin labels on meat in the US because the WTO said it discriminates. Who's administration was in power then? Why all of a sudden is this an issue?
That's why we need to tell the WTO to go fly a kite.

Who does the WTO think they are? We are a sovereign state. Time to show the WTO who is boss.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:07 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
How you gonna know? It's not like they are going to say "made in China" on your McNuggets.
no biggie, it's only 45 percent chicken anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies