Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 09:19 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Biology.
The answer that is always trotted out to explain away laziness and/or poor behavior (for both men and women).

Old 05-02-2018, 09:27 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Kind of like how some men believe women enjoy cleaning the house.
My teenagers are each supposed to wash dinner dishes twice per week (no dishwasher). Recently my son told me he doesn’t think he should have to because he doesn’t like washing dishes. I asked him if he thought anyone else liked washing dishes and it was like I could see the gears in his head turning as he slowly came to the horrifying realization that nobody actually wants to do housework but it must get done anyway. I think he believes that I actually love doing it and that I’m just asking him to pitch in out of some misplaced desire to build his character.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:22 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Kind of like how some men believe women enjoy cleaning the house.
I had a hair stylist once, who also raised chickens to sell their eggs - and possibly killed them, too.

Every hair cut I got there, she never stopped going on about how much she hated her chickens.

So one day, I asked her why she hated her chickens so much - and she said it was because they always made messes!

She said they always threw their food all over the place! Peck and throw, peck and throw, that's wut.

I don't think conservative women like messinessness activities.

Lately, I've been feeding birds by filling a birdfeeder, where the small birds come by and throw about 50% of the seeds to the ground. Then, the bigger birds that are too big to perch the birder, clean up the ground under the birdfeeder.

Conservatives are just picky, picky picky, that's what!

Pech and share, pick and share - who knows?

Probably a sharia thing with some o' those birds.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:31 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
From a nurturing standpoint, one would think the person that gives birth should spend more time with the kids. However, I think both the mom and dad should spend as much time with the kids as possible. In situations like a a case of custody dispute, the parent that is deemed a better fit to spend more time with the kids could be the mom or dad. It is case-specific.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:33 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
According to opinions i ve been reading in other threads in this forum, it seems that people here seem to assume WOMEN are responsible for raising kids for the most part. They might have a job or work few hours but they expect them to do the most part of the raising. They assume its gonna be like that. I get it, this is a highly conservative forum, and those are for the traditional values of family, etc.

But if you think like that, can you justify it? Is it from a biological point of view? Purely social? Why?
I know this is old, but...

Yes... women should spend more time raising their children than trying to raise men who never progressed out of childhood.

Or, was that not the question?

Old 05-02-2018, 10:50 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
My husband is definitely more of the nurturing sort than I am. He is absolute magic with babies. Whereas I look at them like exotic creatures and don't really know what to do with them.

He has regular "nesting moods" where he insists on redecorating a room with lots of flowers and artwork and throw pillows; it's hilarious to watch.

He hates working for a soulless corporation...his dream is to either be a SAHD or an elementary school teacher.

Me, I'm happy to be the breadwinner and provide for the family.

Even with our yorkiepoo, he is the one who sings and rocks her to sleep...when he wanted to get a baby stroller for her, I had to put my foot down lol. I'm the one who trains and horses around with her.

Of course, we both know that we don't conform into societal expectations. I feel like it's even worse for men, because men who love kids are looked upon with suspicion, like creeps. I'm mostly considered just a selfish POS.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:21 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't see how your example is genitals-specific.

There are women who will tell you to suck it up, buttercup and men who will fawn all over a sick/hurt kid.

Please give better examples from your 'research.'
always an exception but the rule remains.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:49 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
always an exception but the rule remains.

I don't believe its a rule. All thru history, to this very day, women have killed, tortured and abandoned their children. I'm sure much more than we actually have record of.

Just because women have the equipment to sustain a child and the social restraints to hold us in the position to do so doesn't mean women, more so than men, enjoy children or are any better at caring for them. There are tons of bad mothers out there.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:26 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
After observing child rearing for a long time, a little while ago I came to the conclusion that the most important person for a child's development as a person is the Father. That's for both sexes.

The mother is important too, but for different reasons that have more to do with survival and comfort.

While the mother can contribute, pure character development is most effectively guided by the Father.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:33 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
After observing child rearing for a long time, a little while ago I came to the conclusion that the most important person for a child's development as a person is the Father. That's for both sexes.

The mother is important too, but for different reasons that have more to do with survival and comfort.

While the mother can contribute, pure character development is most effectively guided by the Father.
That's amazing given what little time, over the years, fathers have actually spent with their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies