Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 04:05 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Mitch McConnel and Paul Ryan are pretending it's just a normal week.

Thanks for voicing your opinion. Everyone - contact both of your US Senators and your 1 US Rep.

If you don't want to call, google their names and you will get their official web page which has CONTACT info. On that page is a fill-in-form where you add your comments. Takes 2 minutes.

Here's an official web site that you can use to contact your senators and us rep.

https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials
I didn't hear/see one Repub comment on trump's tweet storm this morning...the one where he threatened the FBI director he just fired, and the one where he threatened to shut down the daily WH press briefings.

On reflection, could this be a good sign???? Maybe they are huddled together devising the demise of donald. Pence was made the fool again this week, by regurgitating the original WH line on why/when trump decided to fire Comey. My guess is Pence doesn't like these accumulating recorded videos of himself lying for his insane boss.

It kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and screwed up....most of the time my parents would scold me, sometimes for days over the same stupidity I pulled. But when it was (rarely) something REALLY bad that I did.....they got really quiet around me, and I knew they were discussing with each other how to handle a major transgression. And coming up with a punishment that fit my crime.

Maybe the <crickets> from the GOP after this AM's tweet storm is more foreboding than having them give inane answers in the corridors of Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 04:07 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You've all been here. You've all seen what has gone on this week.

Firing the Director of the FBI via TV from across the country and forcing him to seek his own way home.

Sean Spicer hiding in the bushes.

Trump tweeting out veiled threats to Sally Yates and James Comey.

Kellyanne spinning like a top again.

That unfortunate Huckabee woman trying to be Kellyanne and failing at it.

Trump entertaining the Russians with Russian media and blocking US media.

Does this really not strike any of his supporters as "not normal?"

I mean, any piece of it. Does any one of these things seem "off" somehow?
I thought MODs, were supposed to be neutral? But, it's very obvious you are not.....

Old 05-12-2017, 04:08 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Mitch McConnel and Paul Ryan are pretending it's just a normal week.

Thanks for voicing your opinion. Everyone - contact both of your US Senators and your 1 US Rep.

If you don't want to call, google their names and you will get their official web page which has CONTACT info. On that page is a fill-in-form where you add your comments. Takes 2 minutes.

Here's an official web site that you can use to contact your senators and us rep.

https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials
Yes, calling them is the best way. Lots of times they don't bother with emails or reading something online but I keep hearing that calling them is what works.

Those of us who still care--and there are more of us than of them--need to be responsible citizens and work to save our country from this madman fool. It's not just Trump, it's the inexperienced people he appointed and the Congressmen who stand up for him. We don't want health insurance revoked, we don't want a president who won't allow the press to know what's going on, we don't want a president who fires anyone who disagrees with him, same with a president who makes financial deals with the Russians--if he isn't doing it then what is he so afraid of? This is how a dictatorship begins. I remember from reading about Nazis an expression, "When books burn, people burn." Meaning that once the simple things are taken away, it progresses onward to much more important things also being taken. Suppression of information is one of the first steps.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:10 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I didn't hear/see one Repub comment on trump's tweet storm this morning...the one where he threatened the FBI director he just fired, and the one where he threatened to shut down the daily WH press briefings.

On reflection, could this be a good sign???? Maybe they are huddled together devising the demise of donald. Pence was made the fool again this week, by regurgitating the original WH line on why/when trump decided to fire Comey. My guess is Pence doesn't like these accumulating recorded videos of himself lying for his insane boss.

It kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and screwed up....most of the time my parents would scold me, sometimes for days over the same stupidity I pulled. But when it was (rarely) something REALLY bad that I did.....they got really quiet around me, and I knew they were discussing with each other how to handle a major transgression. And coming up with a punishment that fit my crime.

Maybe the <crickets> from the GOP after this AM's tweet storm is more foreboding than having them give inane answers in the corridors of Congress.
Paul Ryan said today he doesn't read the tweets most of the time and is not going to comment. Another GOP pu $$ y. I know there are some decent republicans out there, but they must be hiding in the bushes with Spicer.

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You've all been here. You've all seen what has gone on this week.

Firing the Director of the FBI via TV from across the country and forcing him to seek his own way home.

Sean Spicer hiding in the bushes.

Trump tweeting out veiled threats to Sally Yates and James Comey.

Kellyanne spinning like a top again.

That unfortunate Huckabee woman trying to be Kellyanne and failing at it.

Trump entertaining the Russians with Russian media and blocking US media.

Does this really not strike any of his supporters as "not normal?"

I mean, any piece of it. Does any one of these things seem "off" somehow?
Can you imagine if this was happening during the previous administration?

How anyone can stand by and act like this is normal, let alone good, is off there rocker. It's not a matter of Left v Right, it's a matter of RIGHT v WRONG.

When is the GOP going to get a spine and stand up against this behaviour? Do they simply not care?

769 posts, read 782,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Paul Ryan said today he doesn't read the tweets most of the time and is not going to comment. Another GOP pu $$ y. I know there are some decent republicans out there, but they must be hiding in the bushes with Spicer.
That qualifies as decent?

Old 05-12-2017, 04:11 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
That would be giving them too much credit. I used to think that too; that they just couldn't admit it because, you know, some people just can't be wrong. But now I just think they are flat out delusional or dumb, which is far worse than the first scenario. Each week, when I think it cannot get any more crazy, it continues. It's really, literally, breathtaking. And not in a beautiful-Grand-Canyon kind of way.
Breathtaking.

In a rancid landfill kind of way.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:11 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes. Yet The Cult has shown throughout this last year that they are incapable of admitting when President Trump is wrong. Ever. It is simply amazing how he had taken control of their minds and void them of any ability to be objective and reasonable.

These first few months have been a clown show, so much craziness going on daily. He just now said on the news that he may not have his staff do any more press briefings. It couldn't be that he or they are lying with all the inconsistencies, no apparently his is the very first staff in history not to be competent enough to say the same message that he is trying to deliver. And to The Cult there is nothing unusual about this at all.

LMAO.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:12 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I thought MODs, were supposed to be neutral? But, it's very obvious you are not.....
He is not a mod in this forum, and doesn't mod anything here of note.

And they are suppose to be neutral in their moderation, I dont think they are limited in their posts.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:14 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes. Yet The Cult has shown throughout this last year that they are incapable of admitting when President Trump is wrong. Ever. It is simply amazing how he had taken control of their minds and void them of any ability to be objective and reasonable.
Not just his base of cult like supporters, but the Republican party. Where is the breaking point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies