Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 08:23 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I am not a Republican but I have no idea what you are talking about. Trump has done everything he said he would do (or is trying). He is also bringing many jobs and deals to the US.
Do you watch a Trump cable channel that none of us know about? Maybe it is called TNN (Trump News Network).

Old 05-15-2017, 08:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb How is this possible and acceptable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
How is the continued behavior of Donald Trump acceptable to loyal Republicans?
Please let's try not to get into name calling or insults - I truly want to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
The explanation is simple, even though it's in two parts:

1) Country club Pubs know that as prez, tRump will gladly support their "Working families have too much and millionaires have too little" scheme, AKA trickle-down.

Corporatist Pubs realize that they can ram through the most hateful, damaging, anti-American, anti-public segments of their agenda because they have a guy in the WH who will gladly and immediately sign any legislation they drop in front of him w/o reading or comprehending it, because he sees it as a "win."

2) Rank and file Trumplings will support him because they're told to. It's so much easier than thinking. Limbaugh and Hannity do all the heavy mental lifting for that crowd.

They're very submissive and compliant.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:26 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
Friends, I am sincerely looking for serious thoughtful dialogue about this question: How is the continued behavior of Donald Trump acceptable to loyal Republicans? As many know, I am a liberal Democrat but I try to respect and learn from others' views. So knowing that, I would like to hear from Republicans as to why (if it is acceptable to them) things like threatening people on Twitter, suggesting that the Constitution be changed, and the many other issues that have come up are acceptable to people who truly love this country, as I do, and are loyal to the Republican platform. Further, I want to hear from Republicans who are not on board with these antics and what you think can be done to stop them.
Please let's try not to get into name calling or insults - I truly want to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
It's acceptable because liberals accepted Obama preferring baby killings, illegals, gay marriage, and muslims.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:52 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
As I told you in my private "rep" to you, you are so woefully incorrect. And the "segregation" argument will be used as long as it continues to rear it's UGLY head, as it STILL does.
I don't have a "private" rep from you so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:54 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
They hate liberals more than they love democracy, or America. That is how it is acceptable. A portion of our country has plunged into political nihilism and it is terrifying.
I agree with this. Hell, many Trump supporters have said it themselves in many threads.

They enjoy "seeing liberal snowflakes outraged." It brings them joy to see democrats frustrated. If that is how they feel, that is totally fine.

However, in the meantime, Trump is embarrassing us and has the entire federal gov't slowed down to a crawl because the Trump as the whole country caught up in his whirlwind of controversy.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
But you voted for him... so what does that say about you?
No actually I did not. If I lived in a state where my vote would have been meaningful I would have voted for him. But my choice, Cruz, won our primary.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
It didn't fall apart though, you refused to actually look at the facts because you have an obvious personal bias from working in law enforcement.
This tells me that law enforcement is the enemy to you and you prefer criminals. Please call your mom or a liberal congressman when someone mugs you or breaks into your house.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:01 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
No actually I did not. If I lived in a state where my vote would have been meaningful I would have voted for him. But my choice, Cruz, won our primary.
So you voted for Cruz in the actual election or just the primary? The guy that ate a booger on national television?
So if you're not beholden to Trump, why are you so eager to defend everything about him now? Just because he's Republican? What about what is actually best for the country beyond political sides?

Old 05-15-2017, 10:07 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
This tells me that law enforcement is the enemy to you and you prefer criminals. Please call your mom or a liberal congressman when someone mugs you or breaks into your house.
No, I actually think most cops are good people trying to do a tough job. However, there is a clear problem with racial bias in the justice system and sentencing, and there is way too much deferential bias to cops in clearly unacceptable shootings. Cops are the ones trained and are supposed to be the responsible party, so when they do something wrong, they should be held accountable just like anyone else would. Too often, those bad individuals are protected and that hurts the image of all police.
See, in reality, you can both appreciate something overall and still rationally recognize that there are flaws that can and should be addressed. This black and white "if you don't agree with everything every cop does, you hate cops" is such shallow thinking and just not true.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
So you voted for Cruz in the actual election or just the primary? The guy that ate a booger on national television?
Wow. How old are you? Were you born in 1981?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies