Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 09:48 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,781,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
Comey testified that Trump and his campaign were implicated in the Russia investigation during the House Intelligence Committee hearing about two months ago. It's not crazy to suggest he could correct the record to state that portion of the investigation is over, at least for now. I don't know if Trump asked for Comey's "loyalty", per se, but I don't blame him for being a little irritated and paranoid. With all the leaks going on and this ongoing Russia investigation that Trump "knows" he had nothing to do with, I'm sure he wanted Comey to be square about the extent and nature of the Russia investigation.
Except that didn't happen. Comey said multiple times russia has. I link to Trump. Other high ranking democrats, including senator finestein have said the same thing.

At this point trump/Russia has become the new "birth certificate"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2017, 09:58 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,687,402 times
ever since bill clinton was properly impeached for committing the crime of perjury, and there was plenty of evidence that he committed that crime including his own admission, there have been many that have jumped on the impeachment band wagon.

during the bush administration it was a liberal wet dream that bush would be impeached, it never happened, and as his administration went on impeachment talk withered on the vine.

during the obama administration, it was a conservative wet dream that obama would be impeached, but again it never happened, and impeachment talk again withered on the vine as that administration progressed.

now again it is a liberal wet dream that trump will be impeached, and again it will wither on the vine as this administration progresses. so go ahead with your impeachment wet dream liberals, because that is all it is, a dream.

just like with bush and obama, there are no grounds for impeachment of trump regardless of what you are pushing.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:00 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,732,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Impeachment is a political act, not one of justice. Trump is still too popular with Republicans to throw him to the wolves. It will be a while before they act, if ever. He may hang around until after the 2018 elections and if things keep going as they have been, the Dems could take the House and things will get interesting. Even then, he is going to have to drop another 10 points in approval before it is even considered.

Yep. The republicans have an agenda and Trump is their puppet. Rule of law does not apply to those who can buy their way out of it. We all know that. Trump has lawyer ed up and between him and his attorneys he can delay delay delay. While he gets richer and richer and richer. The cult keeps believing believing believing. Patriotic America keeps mourning the loss of democracy and resenting the flagrant corruption. The tide will turn when republicans view supporting Trump as political suicide. We can vote them out, or not.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:01 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,511,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Now that Donald J. Trump has openly engaged in obstruction of justice (an impeachable offense) what do you estimate the timeline will be for the Cons in congress to start being AMERICANS and stop being partisan politicians?

I thought Cons always branded themselves as the "patriot" party. You have a total anti-American disgrace like Donald J. Trump at the wheel of this great country and you do nothing to stop him?
Try NEVER, if they think he's threatening their chances of losing their hold on Congress, they'll throw him under the bus in a heartbeat, no patriotism involved. BTW- the other side would do the same in a similar situation, they're all corrupt. Trump anti-American? I disagree, he's ill-equipped for the job, but not a traitor.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:08 AM

6,329 posts, read 5,424,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Look...

All this talk of impeachment is nothing more than pipe dreams unless tRump does something much worse than what he's pulled so far. He's a vulgar, ignorant slow learner who is constantly on the defensive due to situations of his own making. He's a petty small minded fool who wants constant strokes for his eggshell ego.

It's clear that he's totally unsuited for the job of chief executive. But the GOP is fine with all of that. They control both houses of congress and won't move a muscle towards impeachment no matter how poorly he performs. They know they have a dummy in the WH who will sign everything they put in front of him w/o bothering to read it. And they're ecstatic.

Russiagate will maybe lead to charges against some of his top campaign aides, but likely won't show much more than shady dealings and conflicts of interest as far as tRump himself is concerned. And the GOP congress has absolutely no problem with tRump's conflicts of interest.

No, unless tRump really screws up in a clearly criminal fashion, he'll be there until he quits or is voted out.

But the damage he'll cause the GOP will continue to be fun to watch.

Especially if the economy somehow mysteriously happens to take a dump as a result of a rudderless White House.

Agree with all of this. Most smart Republicans are waiting for Trump to burn himself out. He isn't suited to be president and they know it.

Democrats probably won't take the house in 2018 but they have pretty good odds at getting the Senate. He'll no longer have the rubber-stamp he has with Republicans in complete control they have now. Trump won't be able to handle the level of scrutiny he'll get in that scenario and it may be what pushes him to resign.

The smartest Republicans are banking on this and probably hoping for the possibility of getting to nominate a brand new candidate in 2020. Won't have to default to useless Pence; won't have to back an incredibly unpopular and very likely to lose re-election in Trump.

That being said; if Trump's cabinet continues to unravel the way it has been....he may be the first president ever impeached by his own party. You never know.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:40 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,861,526 times
So much wishful thinking as Liberals and Democrats are upset they lost the election. It is the DNC that is falling in chaos. The impeachment is a wet dream that the Liberals are hoping for. Since they can not win at the ballot box they are going to extreme measures to preserve the Globalism that Obama expanded, while putting America 2nd.

Old 05-14-2017, 03:20 PM

17,927 posts, read 27,336,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
How has Trump engaged in "obstruction of justice"? And what are we going to impeach him over? I mean, I know everybody hates Trump -- said with tongue firmly planted in cheek -- but the fact that he won and the Left doesn't want to accept it, isn't an impeachable offense. Plenty of us didn't like Obama. Didn't mean he should've been impeached Just Because.

My feelings about Comey are mixed. On one hand, I feel bad for him because I think he was put in the middle of this whole thing by Obama/Loretta Lynch/Hillary when it was obvious Hillary had broken the law, but she was running for President, and they wanted to do everything they could to help her win. Had Comey done the right thing back in July and recommended she be prosecuted, she could've stepped aside, the Democrats could've run someone who didn't have that baggage, and who knows they could've won. Instead, the Democrats set aside their scruples to win, it blew up in their faces, and now they're bitter over it.

On the other hand, I think Comey should've been removed for not only letting Hillary slide, but not investigating the FBI leaks, the intel leak of Mike Flynn, and selectively acknowledging ongoing counterintelligence investigations, but not correcting the record to exonerate people who have nothing to do with it.

The truth is, he was trying Trump's patience by saying they're looking into Russia meddling including collusion by the Trump campaign. I think the FBI is doing a bit of rationalizing by implying Trump or his surrogates had anything to do with Russia meddling in the election. We didn't see a major leak of the RNC or the Trump campaign, and a couple of his campaign surrogates had business dealings with Russia that we know about, so they figure they might be involved somehow. I get it, but I also think any collusion with Russia by Trump or his campaign would've been found out by now. If it hasn't, and if it's true Comey told Trump he wasn't being investigated, I think Comey should've at least acknowledged that to both let Trump off the hook but also assure they were going to get to the bottom of what actually happened.
Right.

And the fact that Comey, Clapper, etc. didn't come out to the public and inform the media or whomever it is they inform that there is no credible evidence to date leads me to believe the FBI is at least colluding with the DNC and perhaps even involved.

I think the FBI and the CIA are currently worthless due to damage done by the Democratic Party and I feel the same about the EPA and the IRS and perhaps other departments.

Old 05-14-2017, 03:24 PM

51,584 posts, read 25,576,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Agree with all of this. Most smart Republicans are waiting for Trump to burn himself out. He isn't suited to be president and they know it.

Democrats probably won't take the house in 2018 but they have pretty good odds at getting the Senate. He'll no longer have the rubber-stamp he has with Republicans in complete control they have now. Trump won't be able to handle the level of scrutiny he'll get in that scenario and it may be what pushes him to resign.

The smartest Republicans are banking on this and probably hoping for the possibility of getting to nominate a brand new candidate in 2020. Won't have to default to useless Pence; won't have to back an incredibly unpopular and very likely to lose re-election in Trump.

That being said; if Trump's cabinet continues to unravel the way it has been....he may be the first president ever impeached by his own party. You never know.
It depends on how many Republicans are involved in the cover-up attempts.

Old 05-14-2017, 03:47 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,017,306 times
Watched FOX news Chris Mathews today, when they abandon him Trump is toast. The only way to get to the bottom of all the open questions is to start the Impeachment process was discussed. Trump during his interview with Jude Jeanine says he wants to get to the bottom of all these allegations because he is confident there is nothing there.

Old 05-14-2017, 03:59 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,785,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Now that Donald J. Trump has openly engaged in obstruction of justice (an impeachable offense) what do you estimate the timeline will be for the Cons in congress to start being AMERICANS and stop being partisan politicians?

I thought Cons always branded themselves as the "patriot" party. You have a total anti-American disgrace like Donald J. Trump at the wheel of this great country and you do nothing to stop him?
The disgrace lies with the obstructionist Demoncats in congress who are stymieing the processes of governing by throwing road blocks at every turn. No attempt at compromise at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies