Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you a paid to post?
Yes - Pro Liberal 28 14.00%
Yes - Pro Conservative 8 4.00%
No 164 82.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 01:43 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,995,499 times

Advertisements

I have been accused of being a........paid by Monsanto.....poster.

All because I expose the anti Walmart,, anti McDonald, pro organic lies when I see them posted.

Old 05-14-2017, 03:11 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Paid trolls are a real thing. There are sites devoted to paying posters to push political, marketing, activist agendas.

I'm not one, but I am curious to see if any of those (whom many of us suspect of being) will be honest enough to anonymously admit they are.

So, my question is: Are you, or have you ever been, a paid poster?

----

7 Ways to Work from Home Doing Forum Posting

https://moneypantry.com/get-paid-post-forums/
Very easy to see who they are,look at the title of a thread and you can see many are the same posters,some even have two or more accounts.

Old 05-14-2017, 03:56 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Use the links and apply for a gig! You never know until you check it out. But you had better learn how to proofread before you apply... what are viees?

But no mind. There's always someone or something to protest over. You aren't just limited to Trump, and neither is anyone else. And the forums where there's no discussion- only political agreement- aren't going to be paying for more agreement. Gotta have protest from both sides to keep the viewers coming back to forums like this one. I've watched many forums die when the arguments stop.

As for me, I'm in it for the sport, not the pay. There are much more profitable ways of writing for a living than this one.

As an insomniac, spending time here is as good a way as any to get through the dark of night when I would just as soon be sound asleep. If sleep was possible.

I've always been a night owl, but age has made that tendency worse. I've noticed other folks my age are spending their sleepless nights here, too.

Sometimes this joint is more engaging than Netflix, sometimes not. And sometimes, I would rather read a book.

I would hate to have to count on this as a way to make a living!
I could have written most of your post. I am here in the wee hours most nights. Spend a lot of daylight here, too. I just don't post as often as I read.

I was hoping to become a 'paid' writer when the contests were going on. No such luck.

Sooo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Snipped some...

I wrote the piece, it was accepted, and I got credit for some $1.20 or such. I wrote a few more. I got paid. I was then invited to be a 'regular contributor' or such (meaning, I rose up in the hierarchy of preferred writers; since I write for a living, I was not too surprised).

I declined, and quit the website. Many of the 'requests' for contributions (at a set rate per word or such) concerned young companies hoping for some good writing for their product. Other categories were obviously by college students wanting someone to write their thesis or such (if such had been around in law school, in 1983, I would have done so).

It may, or may not, be true about postings herein. However, at 60 cents (the minimum) I can certainly imagine some posters making use of this website.
I went this route. And it paid off for me. Yes, most writing sites start you off with crap wages. However, as an 'Expert' writer I get offered big money for writing 500-1000 words. My biggest so far was $105 for a 500-700 word article.

I pick what I want to write. I get invited to some nice jobs. And I found some clients away from that site.

I don't make a lot, but what I make helps out tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Very easy to see who they are,look at the title of a thread and you can see many are the same posters,some even have two or more accounts.
This made me laugh. I scroll fast and often miss names; then I try to guess who wrote the post (if I care enough to know.) Some I get right every time.

However, I don't pay enough attention to who posts what to know who gets paid or not. (I don't even know who won past contests, as I have that feature shut off.) I am more interested in the contents of each post.

Old 05-14-2017, 04:02 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
I am paid by the Lord and my conscience.

Old 05-14-2017, 05:30 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Thank you to everyone who was not scared and honest enough to answer YES they are...

Old 05-14-2017, 05:34 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Paid trolls are a real thing. There are sites devoted to paying posters to push political, marketing, activist agendas.

I'm not one, but I am curious to see if any of those (whom many of us suspect of being) will be honest enough to anonymously admit they are.

----

Whenever this subject comes up, you are one of the first who comes to my mind. Is this thread just an attempt at deflection?

Old 05-14-2017, 05:51 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,471,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Thank you to everyone who was not scared and honest enough to answer YES they are...
Don't believe it. They may be paid - but NOT for the side they assert - just the opposite in fact. The following is an accurate interpretation of the poll results:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
clearly Trumpers will claim that they are paid left wing posters..... i believe that every single one of those claiming to be paid are in fact unpaid zealots declaring themselves paid but for the opposite side.
The vast majority of paid posters on CD post for Trump. That vote alone tells you how many there are. At least 15.

As follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
What is clear is that the Rightwing has a lot more one sentence posters who don't bother forming an argument other than declaring others liars, fools etc...
Which is why my ignore list is so huge. Stupid, unresponsive, canned one-liners - they've put their stupidity and nonsense on autopilot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
They tend to insight controversy.
That's the goal. Create chaos, confusion and distraction - rather than have a legitimate discussion examining real facts and truths. Meanwhile, the country is being destroyed and the populace is fighting amongst itself about peripheral issues. Divide, divide, divide. Spew lies. These FAKE posters fit right in with the philosophy and moral emptiness of the corrupt swindler and madman currently occupying the WH.

My ignore list is growing so large, I've been wondering lately if there is a point at which CD's system says "full."

Last edited by Ariadne22; 05-14-2017 at 06:00 PM..

Old 05-14-2017, 06:19 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:

----

I wish I were. Anyone want to pay me for my insightful and at times, amusing commentary?

Old 05-14-2017, 06:37 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:

----

That's pretty funny. Why in the world would anyone pay money to influence what is being posted on some backwater political forum? That maybe a few hundred people regularly read?

Old 05-14-2017, 06:47 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:

----

OP, the creation of a closed poll allowing alternate party members to claim they're paid trolls for the other side is one of the most epically stupid threads ever shown here.

Whomever responded to this poll, which is a sadly huge number makes me contemplate Winston Churchills opinion of the average voter.

Hey, it's mothers day and my own mom is a much better person than myself...but isn't the well educated but a great humanitarian so I can only hope the posters here contribute to society in many great ways other than rational educated decisions because watching their mental processes makes me feel like I'm watching a child eat lead paint chips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies