Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 04:55 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,107,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I'm liberal, but I couldn't date someone who is like "IF YOU VOTED FOR TRUMP WE CAN'T TALK!" or anything stupid like that. Nor the "IF YOU VOTED TRUMP, YOU'RE A RACIST SEXIST PIG!"

That's such a turn-off. It's no wonder the women who are like that are *gasp* still single!
But the men who think like that are *gasp" hooked up?

Just how does gender fit into this discussion? Is there some sort of gender component in politics?

Old 05-15-2017, 04:56 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,156,553 times
Sure, politics are not the be-all, end-all of life.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Before Trump, absolutely as long as we can have a rational discussion about the issues. Now? I don't think I could.
Well there you have it. Trump destroyed the nation. And single handedly too! My gawd! Just think of what he could have achieved if he had put his talents towards the forces for good instead of the forces for evil!

/TIC

Old 05-15-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I dated many people who didn't share my political philosophies, interests, or belief system over the years. Their politics weren't a deal breaker for having a fun time together. On the contrary. Every one of them taught me something and expanded my experiences.

I married someone who did share them, however.
I like your attitude!

I'm started to get worried now. My sometimes GF and I have both been busy with our businesses (we are both self employed business owners) and neither of us have had time to discuss politics.

I'm kind of afraid to broach the subject with her now. I don't know who she voted for. I don't even know if she voted. I don't even know if she cares about politics. (Myself, I consider politics a sort of humorous parable on the foibles of mankind. I have serious viewpoints, but I also question my own beliefs seriously. I recognize I do not have a lock on the truth!)

I guess I'll find out soon...

Old 05-15-2017, 05:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
Trump aside, if it were the last election and Romney won could you have dated or married someone who voted for Romney?
Yes. Romney was sane.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:17 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,962,618 times
The question was, "would you date".

My answer is simple, and to the point.
When I go with anybody for a "date", it is for sex, and nothing else.
I couldn't give a ***** if they are from the moon, as long as they are sexy, and horny.

At my advanced age, I have no time for silly cat and mouse games.
It is usually first exchanging names and two minutes of small talk, then, "do you want to have sex or not"?
I seem to do very well with this approach.

Who the hell cares what someone does away from the bedroom.
I couldn't care less.

Bob.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:40 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,385,183 times
i dont even want to be in the same room......

Old 05-15-2017, 06:48 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,724,892 times
I often joke that the most annoying people in America are conservative men and liberal women.

Admittedly my views are all over the map, but generally speaking I'm left of center. I wouldn't have a problem dating a woman (if I were single again) who thought differently from me, but it depends on her approach to the subject.

Here are two examples of people whose views would probably yield similar results, but the intentions are a bit different:

1. "I think we need to reduce the number of illegal immigrants in this country because we are a nation of laws, and although I sympathize with the plight of these unfortunate people, we can't take in everybody. I am open to increasing the number of visas we hand out to people coming from difficult situations, however."

2. "I hate illegals and their stupid language. America is for Europeans and we are a white, Christian nation. The immigrants who live here should go home or become more American. Take off that turban! Stop being Muslim!" etc etc etc

Woman 1 would get another date, but woman 2, definitely not.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:52 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
If you take, say, 10 important issues, most people will agree on 6-8 of them.

Getting crazy obsessive about the other 2 makes no sense.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The question was, "would you date".

My answer is simple, and to the point.
When I go with anybody for a "date", it is for sex, and nothing else.
I couldn't give a ***** if they are from the moon, as long as they are sexy, and horny.

At my advanced age, I have no time for silly cat and mouse games.
It is usually first exchanging names and two minutes of small talk, then, "do you want to have sex or not"?
I seem to do very well with this approach.

Who the hell cares what someone does away from the bedroom.
I couldn't care less.
Bob, I can't say that you and I think alike as far as female relationship preferences, but I can't help but admire your attitude! You're a hella guy who knows what he wants, and I'll be surprised if you are not getting it! Funny I think I even understood the ***** or may I suggest a two word epithet in which the first word is 'flying.'

We are perhaps of similar age—an age where we've finally have realized that we don't give a flying {you know} what other people think, because we've put up with their bovine excrement for way too long, we're retired (I am, you probably) and I think if you don't mind me speaking for you, that we have both reached the point where we've had all the bull we are willing to consume, and finally came to the realization that we're untouchable—people can hardly hurt my feelings because "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"

Yes people there is an upper limit where your BS finally means nothing to senior citizens. Through the many doses of that you have provided us throughout our lives we have become immune. We are living the good life and we've had our fill of what you've been feeding us.

Bob I hope I haven't proverbially put any words in your mouth, but unless my take doesn't fit then I believe we are kindred souls. Even though we've had our differences at times. I'm always willing to start over with anybody. That's another trait I've gained with age. Let the past die. Today is the first day of the rest of our lives, and senior citizens understand that it won't be long, and for damned sure we're not going to waste what we have left on petty crap. Let the young people serve it and eat it. There comes a time when you get past that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies