Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 10:27 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The kind of pot I tried to say was asterisked out, so I tried it in German, still no good. So it became a honey pot
Bloop right up over my head. I was thinking wacky weed. It's all good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2017, 10:29 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
If things go really well, and business wise, ... things are looking promising these days..., I have no problem with a 3rd Trump term... but 8 years is a long time from now. So we'll see.
Imagine how you would have reacted if Obama had tried for that. Same exact scenario.

This whole thread is delusional.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:29 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
If things go really well, and business wise, ... things are looking promising these days..., I have no problem with a 3rd Trump term... but 8 years is a long time from now. So we'll see.
I see what you are saying, but that was not my question.

Would you favor Trump suspending the constitution in order to continue as president?

I find this idea floated here and I wonder how widespread it is and how sincere.

You don't have to answer, I am just curious, given the position you have taken with this claim :
Quote:
... Powerful enough to possibly suspend the Constitution if need be.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:31 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
You're no American.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:32 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,890 times
There's a lot of anarchy going on in the government with the democrats and the liberal voters. President Trump does have emergency powers at his disposal. One of those powers is to suspend the presidential elections indefinitely. It can happen under the right circumstances. I'm not kidding. Just the facts.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:35 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
There's a lot of anarchy going on in the government with the democrats and the liberal voters. President Trump does have emergency powers at his disposal. One of those powers is to suspend the presidential elections indefinitely. It can happen under the right circumstances. I'm not kidding. Just the facts.

If true our country would go into major chaos. We are already on the brink. But congress would never let that happen. He would be out of office.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:40 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times
Quote:
If he tried that, all hell would break loose. How is "anarchy" going on when the Republicans are in control? If they really wanted certain bills passed, it could be done....but they can't manage that.

Trust me, any sort of movement by Trump to serve more than 2 terms will be a very bad choice as it will wake up the apathetic and further anger others. So much for the man who supposedly was elected to protect the Constitution, if he tries what you hope for.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:51 PM

101 posts, read 53,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
If he tried that, all hell would break loose. How is "anarchy" going on when the Republicans are in control? If they really wanted certain bills passed, it could be done....but they can't manage that.

Trust me, any sort of movement by Trump to serve more than 2 terms will be a very bad choice as it will wake up the apathetic and further anger others. So much for the man who supposedly was elected to protect the Constitution, if he tries what you hope for.
You see what's going on with the media? The man won the election, and they act like Hillary is president and Trump is an imposter that nobody likes. It's anarchy. He can't even fire the hated FBI Director, who was a bumbling fool.

Trump might cancel the daily press briefings because they aren't even about news and substance anymore. It's just gotcha questions about dinners, and invitations.,. Meanwhile he's signing trade deals and doing real work.

If there was ever a president that had a sufficient excuse to use emergency powers, it would be Trump in 8 years.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:01 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweed22 View Post
You see what's going on with the media? The man won the election, and they act like Hillary is president and Trump is an imposter that nobody likes. It's anarchy. He can't even fire the hated FBI Director, who was a bumbling fool.

Trump might cancel the daily press briefings because they aren't even about news and substance anymore. It's just gotcha questions about dinners, and invitations.,. Meanwhile he's signing trade deals and doing real work.

If there was ever a president that had a sufficient excuse to use emergency powers, it would be Trump in 8 years.
Who is acting like Shillary won? She didn't. Everything that is going on is because of your dear leader., who speaks out of both sides out of his mouth and also happens to be a bumbling fool.

What you are suggesting is what you cons where crying about, claiming Obama wanted to become Lord Supreme Leader, he's destroyimg America! He wants to run for a third term!

Hypocrite.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:06 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweed22 View Post

The only work he is doing is making sure the rich remain rich and even more. The republicans replacement of the ACA favors the rich. The tax plan Trump wants to implement favors the rich. I guess you are rich since you like what he wants to do. But many of us aren't in the 1%. And this is why we fight and protest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies